PDA

View Full Version : Gu clutch

moonie
24th July 2015, 03:06 PM
the clutch pedal in my 2004 gu 4.2motor moves about 30mm before it takes up on clutch it was not all ways like this it has only done 110.000kms easy I thort it was the slave cylinder so i put a new one on but still the same has anyone had the same problam any help ???

ashmccormick
24th July 2015, 03:14 PM
Have you tried adjusting the pedal itself mate? I dont own a GU but on my GQ I have had to adjust the brake pedal to get rid of any free play before it engages before... First thing i would check before replacing parts.

Ash

moonie
24th July 2015, 03:52 PM
thanks ash how do you adjust the pedal thank you for your help

ashmccormick
24th July 2015, 04:11 PM
On the GQ towards the top of the pedal there is like a stopping plate which stops the pedal from moving up any further. Has a bolt attached to the pedal shaft which runs through a nut on either side of that stopping plate. Loosen the nuts a little then keep moving the bolt until no more free play, then re tighten the nuts.

Not sure if it will be any help but its worth a crack. Let me know how it goes!

moonie
24th July 2015, 05:14 PM
thanks ash i will give it ago tomorow

Woof
24th July 2015, 05:36 PM
Hey mate, how about posting up an introduction as it is something we like all new members here to do before seeking assistance
Just go here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

moonie
28th July 2015, 10:56 AM
tuppa i have done that ash i fixed the problam i replaced the master cylinder on clutch and the seals were worn not holding presure and now i have full clutch again like new,,looking now to replace brake master cylinder before i get a braking problam,,,,

ashmccormick
29th July 2015, 09:28 AM
Nice one moonie, glad you got it sorted! Generally once your clutch master goes the brake won't be far behind (murphy's law). Im about to do both of mine too! If there is paint flaking away around your master cylinder vacuum pump thats generally a sign your seal has gone.