PDA

View Full Version : New to 4x4

Shazlic
21st July 2015, 10:24 PM
Hi all, another 4x4 newbie from SA that is looking at a Patrol. My pride and joy is a highly modified VE SS ute which I'm sure the police are dying to slap a yellow defect sticker on so have always had a second car. Recently got my hand on a Ford Explorer, my very first 4x4 and it lasted me all of a month before the gearbox blew up and I learnt the nickname of Ford Exploder. Doing much more research this time around and stummbled across this forum with loads of info (and a download link I am dying to get my hands on). Looking at an 03 Patrol 3.0TD and trying to find out if I'm jumping onto another lemon. Have heard good things about the earlier patrols that friends have but not wanting to jump the gun. Thanks for all the help and info that I have already found and will more than likely find more of 👍

Dhuck
22nd July 2015, 07:31 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
22nd July 2015, 07:32 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

threedogs
22nd July 2015, 08:46 AM
Hi mate and welcome. if you like speed/power buy yourself a petrol patrol and slap a turbo on it he he
plenty of info here for you , enjoy

MEGOMONSTER
22nd July 2015, 09:46 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

4bye4
22nd July 2015, 09:46 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.

LaughingBeagles
22nd July 2015, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. I have had all sorts of 4x4's over the years and can honestly say of all round reliability and off road stability, the patrol is a winner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blocko05
22nd July 2015, 09:47 PM
welcome to the forum mate

ashmccormick
23rd July 2015, 10:00 AM
Im new here too mate, take the plunge and get a patrol you wont regret it ;)

Clunk
23rd July 2015, 05:32 PM
g'day mate, welcome aboard

Rock Trol
23rd July 2015, 07:26 PM
Welcome on board Shazlic.
If looking at a 3 litre TD then the general rule of thumb is that the later the model, the more reliable it is. The 3 litres have had a checkered past, especially in the early days. If you do a bit of reading you will come across plenty of info on them. Are you planning to tow?

GU8LE
24th July 2015, 02:04 AM
Welcome mate.
I have the 3.0 crd and very happy with it. It does drink a bit more fuel than expected though. Google will show a bit about it.

Shazlic
2nd August 2015, 01:08 PM
Well I have picked up my Patrol! Love it so far and can't wait to start getting off road with it. First things first is to fit a boost gauge and do the EGR (think that's what it was) delete. Will be searching around on this site for the instructions and ideas of where others have fitted their boost gauges.

Cheers for the warm welcome guys!

growler2058
30th August 2015, 06:02 PM
Gday welcome aboard mate. Gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice
Great to see another crow eATER