PDA

View Full Version : Questions

dpetersen
21st July 2015, 07:32 PM
G'day guys, few questions about my gu3 ST.
First one, how do I control the aerial for the radio? I have the switch there but it doesn't do anything. Currently the aerial goes all the way up and wobbles all over the place so the am stations don't work too well.
Second question, the windscreen washer pump has gone and I need to replace it. I've seen them for $40 on eBay, called a couple of wreckers and they've also said $40. Anyone know somewhere to get them abit cheaper?
Cheers guys!

Bush Ranger
22nd July 2015, 12:27 PM
I am guessing here about your aerial, it might be an after market item and it may be the reason why it goes all the way up, or your switch is stuffed. Nissan aerials are around the $500 and they sell the little fender doodad separately, which is about $30. Wreckers are roughly half that price, depending on who you go to. A few people go for an aerial that bolt on to the bull bar and look similar to a cb aerial, work well apparently. I had an after market aerial on my GU and could only pick up one am station, fm stations I couldn`t. Since buying a Nissan item, I can only pick up fm stations and no am stations. Try Patrolapart for the washer pump and I have no idea if they have them or what the price is. Try buying them new if you can, that way you know what they are like. Try the easiest and cheapest option(s) first. That`s all I can offer and no doubt some one else with more knowledge than I can help you out.

threedogs
22nd July 2015, 03:49 PM
Do you have a switch on the lower centre console
that allows the antenna to be half mast?
PM Mudski about the washer bottle to.

mudski
22nd July 2015, 04:04 PM
I'm guessing on the aerial the switch that threedogs is referring too isn't working, or the connecting wires might have broken. As for the pump, I don't have one at the moment, but thats a pretty good price for what you have found...

dpetersen
22nd July 2015, 04:08 PM
Ended up finding a pump new for $24 on eBay.
Threedogs, yeah I have the switch for the aerial next to the cigarette lighter plugs in front of the gear stick, doesn't do anything!
Also (probably should start a new thread), for anybody interested, I've taken my old job back at kings canyon resort so if anybody is passing through and needs any help with anything I have access to the work shop and car hoist, or if your looking for someone to have a beer with aswell. Just ask the girls at reception for Daniel or pup as they know me by and il be there.

MudRunnerTD
22nd July 2015, 04:27 PM
Threedogs, yeah I have the switch for the aerial next to the cigarette lighter plugs in front of the gear stick, doesn't do anything!
Also (probably should start a new thread), for anybody interested, I've taken my old job back at kings canyon resort so if anybody is passing through and needs any help with anything I have access to the work shop and car hoist, or if your looking for someone to have a beer with aswell. Just ask the girls at reception for Daniel or pup as they know me by and il be there.

Hi mate Rusty Nail is heading up that way for his honeymoon, if your local up there he should chat with you while he is planning.

threedogs
22nd July 2015, 04:42 PM
Dont forget Billy he's at the Alice hospital.
great part of the world.
Looks like they have either replaced the head unit
or antenna and disconnected the trigger{blue]

LaughingBeagles
22nd July 2015, 06:54 PM
Mate, had the same antenna issue with mine. Had to replace the antenna motor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mudski
22nd July 2015, 08:06 PM
Kings canyon. Bloody lovely place there. Been a while since my last visit.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

rusty_nail
23rd July 2015, 09:41 AM

G'day mate, still a while off but if your still around, ill be heading through there for my honeymoon next year in march. do you know the area well? (PS sorry in advance for kinda hijacking your thread!!)

dpetersen
23rd July 2015, 11:12 AM
Yeah il still be there, I start in mid August and have a 12 month contract. I finished a two year stint there this time last year and couldn't knock back another opportunity to work there again! If your heading this way in a patrol make sure you do the mereenie loop, defiantly worth doing, plenty of swimming holes and things to see!

rusty_nail
23rd July 2015, 11:48 AM
Yeah il still be there, I start in mid August and have a 12 month contract. I finished a two year stint there this time last year and couldn't knock back another opportunity to work there again! If your heading this way in a patrol make sure you do the mereenie loop, defiantly worth doing, plenty of swimming holes and things to see!

unfortunately as time is limited i will be flying out and probably hireing a campervan or a car. (its looking more like the camervan at the moment. do you know if the loop road from kings canyon to west macs (like glen helen etc) is 2wd friendly or would i need a 4wd vehicle to get along there?

dpetersen
23rd July 2015, 08:29 PM
Yeah it can be done. I had the unfortunate experience of doing it in my xr8 ute when we had the fire evac. Lowered and 19inch rims but I got through. The hire company will tell you not to but plenty of people do, just don't hire a wicked van. I think britz do troopie and triton campervan which would be ideal but anything that has more then a coke can of clearance and dropped tyre pressure will be fine.

Dr Gary
24th July 2015, 09:30 AM
We will be in Kings Canyon around the second half of August--on our way to the Simpson via Mt Dare. Maybe we can get a beer.
Gary

rusty_nail
24th July 2015, 11:36 AM
Yeah it can be done. I had the unfortunate experience of doing it in my xr8 ute when we had the fire evac. Lowered and 19inch rims but I got through. The hire company will tell you not to but plenty of people do, just don't hire a wicked van. I think britz do troopie and triton campervan which would be ideal but anything that has more then a coke can of clearance and dropped tyre pressure will be fine.

thanks mate! nah we wont be hiring a wicked camper lol. were gonna hire a birtz campervan, but a van one with shower and toilet not the 4wd one (the missus wont accept anything less for our honeymoon haha) but we should be right! thanks for the advice ill keep an eye out for you when we get to kings canyon