PDA

View Full Version : Clipsal 500

wildgu6
28th March 2011, 09:13 PM
Hi guys, Been offline for a while so thought would share a few pics from clipsal 500.
Had a really really really drunken day out at clipsal (80 proof turkey smuggled in) and had an absoulute ball.
Pit straight gold pass thanks to a good mate of mine, he is now.....LMAO
Slight hik up with the law (damn booze), Chased a funny lookin fella of middle eastern origin......LMAO long story (damn booze)
Got absoulutely saturated and smashed, anyone who remembers The Sweet from the 70-80s,
if you get the chance to see them live its a must. They were absoulutely brilliant.
All the oldies, little willy, blockbuster, teenage rampage, ballroom blitz, action and more.

Anyway heres a few snaps from the day.

NissanGQ4.2
28th March 2011, 09:16 PM
Sounds like you had a ball, glad you included the skirt pics :) is there anymore *L*

wildgu6
28th March 2011, 09:18 PM
Sounds like you had a ball, glad you included the skirt pics :) is there anymore *L*

of course Todd, when i get time to resize, will post just for you mate......LOL

Woof
28th March 2011, 09:30 PM
Great photos there Pete, sounds like you had more than a great time, love the photos of the umbrellas...lol

wildgu6
28th March 2011, 09:42 PM
Great photos there Pete, sounds like you had more than a great time, love the photos of the umbrellas...lol

Unfortunately Wayne, they couldnt keep me dry..........LOL
Had a brilliant time mate, Havent been that p***** for a long while, will be back next year for sure.

AB
28th March 2011, 10:09 PM

I agree, those umbrellas are interesting.

Any more photos of umbrellas and close ups of umbrellas....I like umbrellas...lol

wildgu6
28th March 2011, 11:17 PM
Any more photos of umbrellas and close ups of umbrellas....I like umbrellas...lol

LMAO.........Yer mate, will get them up when i get a chance...

wildgu6
28th March 2011, 11:45 PM
Hey Pete, you ended up in the lockup didn't you? Yeahhh I can tell!

Nah mate, I did push my luck, tried to cut their lunch....LOL, but I know when to pull my head in..........LMAO

benzo
8th April 2011, 01:29 AM
bring on hamiton 400

wildgu6
3rd March 2012, 02:51 PM
Well I jagged a pass to the race that rocks last night, access all areas. Had a ball! Not quite as P/$$@? as last year but was still tickn, Great night, the sound of the V8s is just something special, great scenery (easy Pearcey haha) and a top concert. Only got in the poo once all night trying to access a VIP party, I don't know, some people have no sense of humor hahaha.

One of the hi lights of the day was hookin up with Pearcey, what a champ, lookin forward to havin a few bevys with the man with plenty of stories to tell. Was a bugga he couldn't have a few on the night but wouldn't want to see him stack his scooter hahaha.
Pearcey your a top bloke mate and it was a pleasure meeting you. Catch up for a few soon, stay safe mate and best wishes to the miss's.
Will post up some pics when get time,if they turn out ok.

wildgu6
3rd March 2012, 03:43 PM
Watchin on telly today. Car'n the Fords!

Hey Plas, long time mate. But you still make me laugh hahaha
How you been buddy
GO the HOLDEN'S

taslucas
3rd March 2012, 03:52 PM
two more bent now

growler2058
3rd March 2012, 03:53 PM
Ford=
Failure
On
Race
Day

wildgu6
3rd March 2012, 03:55 PM
Yer mate prob' is a few bent chassis in the Holden camp. It's all that power they produce hahaha
as long as its a good race mate Ford Holden, it's all about the power and the noise for me, love it live

snicko
3rd March 2012, 04:37 PM
I love the V8's. Haven't been for a while. And yes there is nothing like the sound of a V8 super car. Go the Holdens!!

At wwww today but will be glued to the TV tomorrow!!

growler2058
3rd March 2012, 05:50 PM
Oh how witty and original Growler! hahaha

First On Race Day mate.

F$&@eD
On
Race
Day
Hahahahahhahaha

pearcey
3rd March 2012, 11:23 PM
Well I jagged a pass to the race that rocks last night, access all areas. Had a ball! Not quite as P/$$@? as last year but was still tickn, Great night, the sound of the V8s is just something special, great scenery (easy Pearcey haha) and a top concert. Only got in the poo once all night trying to access a VIP party, I don't know, some people have no sense of humor hahaha.

One of the hi lights of the day was hookin up with Pearcey, what a champ, lookin forward to havin a few bevys with the man with plenty of stories to tell. Was a bugga he couldn't have a few on the night but wouldn't want to see him stack his scooter hahaha.
Pearcey your a top bloke mate and it was a pleasure meeting you. Catch up for a few soon, stay safe mate and best wishes to the miss's.
Will post up some pics when get time,if they turn out ok.

Hi Pete I was going to post a couple of snaps last night, but with getting home late I stuffed it up.
These 6 o/clock starts and 9 o/clock finishes and no turp`s must be the problem.
any how I`ll try again so are these girls super cheap or what

pearcey
4th March 2012, 12:00 AM
Day three Clipsal
Afew more snaps

timbar
4th March 2012, 12:09 AM
Nice Pics mate Welcome Back

growler2058
4th March 2012, 06:04 PM
I beg your pardon?? I think you were trying to say First (and second) on Race Day growler!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat dust you dirty holdens!!

Musta cheated hahahahahha

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2012, 10:18 PM
oooh you holden boys are quiet tonight!

We gotta let those fords win every now and then.

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2012, 10:22 PM
Day three Clipsal
Afew more snaps

what no girlz on Day three?????

Thanks for the pics mate, that must be a really hard job for you 2 turn up 2 *L*

growler2058
4th March 2012, 10:24 PM
oooh you holden boys are quiet tonight!

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH its all about Patrols ;-)

pearcey
4th March 2012, 11:17 PM
Day 4 clipsal.
An other top day in old Adelaide town .What with the smell of Ethanole fuel, burning rubber, cars on fire,bent cars and a couple of loverlies thrown in what more could a man ask for.

growler2058
4th March 2012, 11:20 PM
The 9th foter even makes a ford flag look half decent

Woof
4th March 2012, 11:35 PM
The 9th foter even makes a ford flag look half decent

Nearly, but not quite

pearcey
5th March 2012, 12:01 AM
All cars this time

wildgu6
5th March 2012, 08:24 AM
Pearcey mate top shots buddy,
Well it's all over for another year for Adelaide, great race, great atmosphere and a great place to be.
Next year a definate 4 days for me.
Now pack up ya gear Pearcey and get to Melbourne hahaha. Must be a tuff gig mate. Great to meet ya buddy. For those never been to the race that rocks, get it on ya bucket list, it's a must

pearcey
5th March 2012, 06:35 PM
Pearcey mate top shots buddy,
Well it's all over for another year for Adelaide, great race, great atmosphere and a great place to be.
Next year a definate 4 days for me.
Now pack up ya gear Pearcey and get to Melbourne hahaha. Must be a tuff gig mate. Great to meet ya buddy. For those never been to the race that rocks, get it on ya bucket list, it's a must

Hi Pete old mate.
Tuff gig my arxxx, 100 hours clocked up last week and back in there today for the strip out .
we had a couple of 15 hour days but in saying that a lot of it is just stand by.So Thursday its of to Melbourne for a repeat of the hours but at least the lodgings are only 5 Min's away.

45/70
6th March 2012, 01:17 PM
Nice HO's

Page 1 6th pic down I ment;)

wildgu6
6th March 2012, 01:55 PM
Pearcey mate, over the years I've found you need to put in the hours to reep the rewards and you my friend are doing just that. Long hours and by the pics you have posted, you are certainly reeping the rewards. A lot of blokes, me included would love a posi' on the track where you are.
Free entry, access all areas and scooter rides lol prob' all a bit mundane to you mate but the envy of many others. Good work

pearcey
6th March 2012, 08:21 PM
Hi every one.
Yer as Pete says I would be very envious as well. So I reckon this was my hi-lite of a fabulous 4 days.
I was lucky enough to ride the scooter in the driver parade lap.Felt pretty stupid on a 80 cc toy in among st 400 Harley's but what the hell I`m here for a good time not a long time. I wasn`t going to post any of these photo`s but what the hell. God it was hard using a SLR with a right hand shutter button and the scooter`s right hand twist throttle.
The sequence of photo`s are
1 coming up to turn 5

2 looking for an inside pass turn 7

3 Try for the outside turn 8 this is a balls and all effort.stack of Harley`s up front.

4 And the crowd goes wild

5 Turn 8 look for the apex

6 Wipe the mirror off on turn 8 wall

7 Arr a hole appears turn 9 go for it

8 Inside is looking good turn 10

9 Bugger being passed again think of upgrading to 175cc next time

WHAT A HOOT

taslucas
6th March 2012, 08:38 PM
Awesome shots mate thanks for sharing.

wildgu6
6th March 2012, 08:49 PM
Hahahahahahaha onya mate, thats the spirit hahahahahaha

Pearcey, those Harleys, remember the fella with me Friday (pat the trol) was one of those Harleys mate, hence the drivers parade passes we had.

pearcey
6th March 2012, 11:34 PM
Hahahahahahaha onya mate, thats the spirit hahahahahaha

Pearcey, those Harleys, remember the fella with me Friday (pat the trol) was one of those Harleys mate, hence the drivers parade passes we had.

Hope he had a hot chick on the back. I tried to get the misses to shed some gear and and ride pillion with me.but no luck. If we get to do it next year I gunna get me some thing thats hot to trot on the back.It`d be worth getting in shxx with the misses just to pixx all the other scooter boys off.