PDA

View Full Version : Chance Favours the Prepared

Pasop
19th July 2015, 04:25 PM
Hi All,

So just purchased a 2004 GU IV and being my 3rd Patrol, I am wanting to take as much advice about Preparing this vehicle for Touring. It only has 122k on the clock and is in 100% Standard trim and despite me looking for any sign of abuse, I cannot find any. Even the hard to reach spots in the chassis are clean. The only tell tale sign of previous use is the Anderson plug fitted by the towbar so I guess its done some towing but there are none of the usual rub marks from luggage or anything?

I have been lucky in that both my previous Patrols gave me no trouble at all and I loved them...yes all had the ZD30...and both took me all over WA including some pretty adventurous "Boys Only"trips, but I am not one to take a chance on Lady Luck...so this new purchase is all about being prepared. I am hoping to get access to the Patrol Reference Document so I can apply all that has been learnt by you and apply it to this vehicle as it is our intention to take her to accessory heaven over the next 6 months.

That being said - I absolutely want to begin with making the ZD30 in this vehicle as reliable as it can be.

I will try to avoid asking Q already covered by other posts but at the same time, if your only advice is not constructive in nature, please keep it to yourself...I really think it would avoid hours of filtering out useless information on these forums...someone asks a Q and the reply is sell it? Really... thats just a waste of space.

Thanks CS

4bye4
19th July 2015, 04:34 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate. I think you will find the majority of advice offered here is constructive, but it is always a good idea to have a sense of humor as well. The moderators tend to take care of the offensive or over sarcastic elements. Be aware that different people have different, genuine ideas, and enjoy the forum.

AB
19th July 2015, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Pasop
19th July 2015, 11:17 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate. I think you will find the majority of advice offered here is constructive, but it is always a good idea to have a sense of humor as well. The moderators tend to take care of the offensive or over sarcastic elements. Be aware that different people have different, genuine ideas, and enjoy the forum.

Thank you mate

Pasop
19th July 2015, 11:18 PM
Thanks AB - Q to follow I am sure :)

SpecialDave
19th July 2015, 11:47 PM
Welcome to what I have found to be the superior Australian forum where advice tendered is predominantly useful and indeed trawling the various topics has resulted in several diy concepts for me. Enjoy!

Cheers

blocko05
20th July 2015, 03:21 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum

threedogs
20th July 2015, 04:55 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forum, plenty of info here for you,
so jump in anytime and enjoy

Dman2603
20th July 2015, 06:35 PM
Welcome aboard mate!

Dhuck
20th July 2015, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Clunk
20th July 2015, 07:13 PM
g'day mate and welcome aboard. Seems like you have a nice blank canvas to start with

MEGOMONSTER
21st July 2015, 05:49 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Pasop
23rd July 2015, 09:31 PM
So my Blank Canvas is booked in for Tough Dog 2"Suspension, ARB Commercial Bar, Cargo Barrier, Snorkel, Dawes Valve, Needle, Catch Can and EGR Blanking...thats the opening salvo...then to lick my wounds before the next lot...

Clunk
23rd July 2015, 09:49 PM
So my Blank Canvas is booked in for Tough Dog 2"Suspension, ARB Commercial Bar, Cargo Barrier, Snorkel, Dawes Valve, Needle, Catch Can and EGR Blanking...thats the opening salvo...then to lick my wounds before the next lot...
Dont forget to take some before and after pics, always good to see transformations

Pasop
23rd July 2015, 09:54 PM
Good advice - will do so

Pasop
8th August 2015, 11:53 PM
Well it looks like my Patrol bug is infectious, my son sold his Hilux and purchased a Series 3 GU and seems determined to out do his old man. So it begins....cant wait for my 25 posts to get access to the manuals...it looks like I will be needing them for 2 Patrols now :)

growler2058
30th August 2015, 05:15 PM
Gday CS welcome aboard mate. Gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Bigcol
30th August 2015, 06:07 PM
welcome mate, plenty of good advice and knowledgeable people on here

ask as many questions as you like - there are not many Tossers on this site, so although maybe sarcastic - most reply's have some genuine information

join in on any topic you find
and
above all

enjoy the friendly banter