PDA

View Full Version : Domin8r exhaust

Bacho86
17th July 2015, 01:52 PM
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any recent experience the 3" Domin8r exhaust, specifically on a 3.0L CRD.

I've heard some of the issues with the 3" vs 2.75" pipe on the CRD, and always intended on getting a 2.75" Beaudesert exhaust when funds allow (quote received for $1135).... however at $650 for a Domin8r exhaust through Supercentre they're looking very tempting!

Only semi-relevent post I could see on this was BEP120, however this was on a 3.0L Di http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?30810-Domin8r-exhaust&highlight=domin8r+exhaust

Cheers

Rock Trol
17th July 2015, 07:38 PM
Hi Bacho86, I have a 3 inch King Brown exhaust on my CRD and am very happy with it, but it did over boost and I had to add a HPD boost controller (Dawes valve) for about $100. The other advantage is that I have a very linear boost curve with the controller and I can raise my boost if I want to rather than being limited to the factory 15 psi. I now run a max of just over 19 psi but I usually get 17-18 under load and the car loves it.
The Domin8r and boost controller are still a lot cheaper than $1135.

Hodge
17th July 2015, 09:00 PM
Hi Bacho. A bloke at local Arb I spoke to said his is great. Had to fit the dawes and needle as boost skyrocketed. But overall he reckons it dropped his egts heaps and have the car a new bit of power curve. Easy to fit as it comes with everything.
Although he did mention he ordered it via 4wdsupacentre aka 4wd action and the run around and service, delivery was atrocious....

Bacho86
18th July 2015, 09:27 AM
Hi Bacho. A bloke at local Arb I spoke to said his is great. Had to fit the dawes and needle as boost skyrocketed. But overall he reckons it dropped his egts heaps and have the car a new bit of power curve. Easy to fit as it comes with everything.
Although he did mention he ordered it via 4wdsupacentre aka 4wd action and the run around and service, delivery was atrocious....

Thanks for the feedback rock trol and hodge. Sounds like it'll be a package deal for the 3" and Dawes and needle if that's the case

I've heard the borrow stories wth supa centre deliveries / customs service, but have to say the few things I've purchased from them had all been delivered within reasonable timeframes- but I'd certainly go in with eyes open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morton2478
18th July 2015, 01:29 PM
Hey bacho if your gunna fit dawes and needle valve get in touch with mudski can't go wrong just fitted mine that i bought off him very happy

Bacho86
18th July 2015, 07:55 PM
Hey bacho if your gunna fit dawes and needle valve get in touch with mudski can't go wrong just fitted mine that i bought off him very happy

Thanks Morton, ill get in touch with mudski when I go down this way. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock Trol
18th July 2015, 08:15 PM
Having to buy the NADS is nothing to worry about. I waited 3 years before I put the Dawes on (after 3 inch zhaust caused boost spikes) but I regret waiting that long as the car is better to drive with a linear boost curve. No dropping of boost while on the highway etc. Even without the exhaust the manual boost control is worthwhile on a ZD30.