PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody

Barnzy91
16th July 2015, 01:41 PM
Hey there,

Very new to 4x4ing, I am looking at getting a patrol. Hoping to get a nice 3.0ltr just for towing small caravan and going on the beach. Just looking to find out what problems I should be on the lookout for.

Cheers in advance

threedogs
16th July 2015, 01:45 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the Forum all the info you need is here.
jump in anytime and enjoy.

4bye4
16th July 2015, 02:02 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum. If you are getting a used 3lt prior to say 2004 ish, get NADS done ASAP. After 2004, if a direct injected motor, get NADS sometime but not as urgent. If a CRD motor NADS is not important IMO. From what I have read on the CRD motors on this forum, it would be worth looking for coolant leaks around the front of the motor (timing cover) as this can be an expensive leak to fix. Other than that its pretty much the same as any vehicle, check for dents and rust on the chassis that may have been repaired for sale. drive it and feel how it goes. My son is a car detailer and he always checks behind the bumpers and between the step (if fitted) and the body as they are areas where the car yard detailers don't go. In WA it is often filled with red dust meaning it may be a mining co vehicle.
Good luck with your choice.

Dhuck
16th July 2015, 06:37 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
16th July 2015, 06:42 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Dman2603
17th July 2015, 04:50 PM
Welcome aboard mate!

Clunk
17th July 2015, 06:35 PM
G'day mate, welcome aboard and good luck with the search

AB
17th July 2015, 06:57 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

njp
22nd July 2015, 12:04 AM
Hi welcome