PDA

View Full Version : Silly question

sue47
15th July 2015, 08:45 PM
Hi I have just bought a Nissan Patrol GU 3L turbo diesel ute and looking forward to some excellent 4WD and camping. I have a really stupid question. I have free wheeling hubs and have locked them in and put the gear shift into low and high four wheel drive. I can not see the 4WD light indicator come on the dash. It doesn't even appear on the dash when I turn the ignition on .I am hoping that it is going into 4WD. Is the best way to check if its going into 4WD on a grass hill and accelerate hard. Yes I am a blonde!!!! and a girl but would love some help.

Covo71
15th July 2015, 09:27 PM
Hi, have you driven it in gear or only shifted in to gear. It may not go on until you start to drive. But yes to you question, grass or dirt and look where the driven wheels have spun. Also taking it out of 4wd, in 2wd I reverse a couple of meters to make sure it is disengaged. Good luck.

sue47
15th July 2015, 09:52 PM
hi, Thank you for your repy. Yes I have driven it back and forth about 10 meters or so in both High and Low 4 wd.

Winnie
15th July 2015, 10:01 PM
Hey Sue, yeah go on some grass and see what happens. Most likely just a blown dash globe mate