PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler hoses

IronVoid
15th July 2015, 04:07 PM
Hi all, as you may know I've been having few problems with my Patrol. Fitted the dawes valve and catch can and blocked off and that seemed to help my problem of no power and blowing black smoke. I then noticed my boost would drop off like it was leaking so o replaced the intercooler which seemed to help a little so I'm thinking I need to replace my hoses next. However I'm having a lot of trouble sourcing new hoses. Anyone know where I can get some?

Bloodyaussie
15th July 2015, 04:32 PM
VPW in Epping is the cheapest I have found and have just about every shape you can think of..

mudski
15th July 2015, 05:50 PM
VPW in Epping is the cheapest I have found and have just about every shape you can think of..

He needs particular shaped hoses Jonathan. Best to get rubber hoses mate, I once used silicone and because it wasn't an exact fit and the inlet still does get a little oily, even with a catch can, the hoses would blow off.
If its a Di motor see below for the OEM and aftermarket part numbers...

Short front IC hose OEM # 14468VC104, Gates # 05-1885
Hose from Turbo outlet OEM # 14463VC101, Gate # 05-1887
90deg Hose going into the IC, under the turbo outlet hose OEM # 14468VC103, Gate # 05-1886
Straight hose, not sure on number, but its straight so you can use a cut length from any hose supplier. I think its 70mm. I think.

I used the Gates hoses and they were really tight to get on the first time, so I knew these wouldn't come off in a hurry.

Cheers.

IronVoid
15th July 2015, 09:03 PM
I've found some of those Gates hoses on Ebay, the price seems to good too be right though... at $16

kevin07
15th July 2015, 11:26 PM
x2 on the rubber mate silicone waste of money and be sure to piss u off

IronVoid
29th July 2015, 08:29 PM
Hey Mudski, do those gates hoses fit the series III? I found some on ebay but I kept getting asked for my VIN number (which I've supplied with no answer back) how much difference would there between a series II and III? All the ones I've found say for a II.

Also do you have any needle valves for sale at the moment?

mudski
29th July 2015, 09:33 PM
Hey Mudski, do those gates hoses fit the series III? I found some on ebay but I kept getting asked for my VIN number (which I've supplied with no answer back) how much difference would there between a series II and III? All the ones I've found say for a II.

Also do you have any needle valves for sale at the moment?
They're thesame mate, but pm me your vin and i can look it up just to be sure.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

IronVoid
29th July 2015, 10:51 PM
PM'd you mate. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

mudski
30th July 2015, 08:43 PM
Just for others reference, IronvVoids hoses are the same....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk