PDA

View Full Version : my ute

4wd ute
13th July 2015, 10:55 PM
59780ha ha it worked

Rock Trol
13th July 2015, 11:10 PM
Nice set up! Looks self sufficient and a good setup for touring.
Camp anywhere you want as long as the Patrol can get you there.

Cuppa
13th July 2015, 11:27 PM
Another Pod Owner. Welcome. A Dx with factory wheel arch flares, running boards, window shields & a rooftop tent - just like mine :) (Although my rooftop tent has now been replaced with a Tvan). How do you have the interior set up. Pics would be good.

4wd ute
13th July 2015, 11:33 PM
thanks guys ..this was on the way back from the cape ..I'll see if I can put some pic up of the inside tomorrow ..it has been all pulled out since the trip as it is my work ute ..going to build a camper trailer for the next trip..Savannah way

4wd ute
13th July 2015, 11:43 PM
just had a look at your build Cuppa ..looks like it would work really nicely ,mine has coils all round & so the weight can be a problem, to heavy & the fuel bill goes up very quickly, mines pretty standard just ST buckets ,3" system ,ST rims & a few bits & pieces inside the cab as well ..water tank & boxes 240 & 12v in the back & I have a couple of different racks for the top just whatever I'm putting on depends on which rack I use.

threedogs
15th July 2015, 12:21 PM
just had a look at your build Cuppa ..looks like it would work really nicely ,mine has coils all round & so the weight can be a problem, to heavy & the fuel bill goes up very quickly, mines pretty standard just ST buckets ,3" system ,ST rims & a few bits & pieces inside the cab as well ..water tank & boxes 240 & 12v in the back & I have a couple of different racks for the top just whatever I'm putting on depends on which rack I use.

Too heavy and you're also limited where you can go even if it is 4x4.
Too many negitives, like you said fuel usage, and things will break,
you can put money on that. Ive just read a build of Jamie from the 12v shop
He has a great set up for remote destinations, and If you're familiar with
Ron Moon his extended dual cab has been around the world and not broken a thing.
What are your plans for the pod?

4wd ute
16th July 2015, 04:54 PM
yes threedogs but if you set it up the best you can & don't go overboard with stuff then they will last ..keep the services up & don't go out of your way to break it then ..all helps ...I also have a 2006 wagon that sits in the shed 50th ks ST & goes no where...I did see that wright up on the 12v shop & he has done a lot of stuff to it ..I'm not that bad just as long as she keeps going & goes were I want it to I'm happy...I'll go around a bog hole rather than through it

mullum
12th September 2015, 08:42 PM
nice setup