PDA

View Full Version : New member

bazzaboy
13th July 2015, 12:48 PM
G'day guys,

Long time watcher, decided to join up.

Purchased my first diesel Patrol late last year, a new Titanium Y61. After ten years of petrol 120 Prados, I found the Patrol brilliant off road. Yes it could do with more squirt, but I can live with that. The Titanium came with lots of fruit but since buying it I have added more.

Unfortunately at the moment, it does have a problem, nothing lots of money cant fix. I was fixing a problem on the weekend ( turbo timer connection ) which required me to remove the plastic covers around the steering column. When I was re-fitting the bottom cover it must have caught the key immobilizer ring surrounding the key barrel, ripping out the wiring coil.
I have ordered a replacement @$315 and I also think I may have to have my existing keys re-programmed to it. Oh well, it's only money!

My son is currently doing a big trip in his Patrol, home / Cairns / Cape York / Mount Isa / Birdsville / Adelaide / Melbourne / Tasmania / home. I'm meeting him in Melbourne for the Tassie section. Looking forward to it.

Soon after purchasing my Patrol I started adding more fruit, LED light bars, front & back, triple batteries & Redarc controller, storage draws, 2" Dobinson's lift, 285/75/16 BFG Muds on steel rims etc ... it's not hard to keep throwing money at it.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and memories on this forum.

Bazza

AB
13th July 2015, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Dhuck
13th July 2015, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

4bye4
13th July 2015, 06:26 PM
G'day and welcome tothe forum Bazza.

MEGOMONSTER
13th July 2015, 10:54 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

threedogs
14th July 2015, 09:27 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, post some pics up of your trip too.
We love pics , not sure a turbo timer is an essntuial bit of kit these days.
Besides being illegal. If shutting down after a long hwy stretch just let it idle
till your EGTs subside. Its not like we drive like Mario Andretti. Highly recommend fitting
a boost and EGT gauge, that way you can see whats going on.

bazzaboy
14th July 2015, 07:46 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, post some pics up of your trip too.
We love pics , not sure a turbo timer is an essntuial bit of kit these days.
Besides being illegal. If shutting down after a long hwy stretch just let it idle
till your EGTs subside. Its not like we drive like Mario Andretti. Highly recommend fitting
a boost and EGT gauge, that way you can see whats going on.

G'day mate,

Your probably right about "needing" a turbo timer but you see, I'm lazy. My Y61 is also my daily drive and I do about 75klms twice a day getting to and from work at about 110kph. It's much easier for me to park in work's undercover car park, step out, and let it idle for 2 minutes. Same when I get home. It works for me.

Bazza

bazzaboy
14th July 2015, 07:52 PM
Also ........ $315 fixed my starting problem. Fitted the new key immobilizer ring unit and problem solved. Didn't even need to have the unit programmed to my keys, working on both of them. Finally a win. I'm back in love with my Y61.

Bazza

S.A_Stu
15th July 2015, 05:53 AM
Nice lookin rig mate. Hope to hear about your trip

Clunk
17th July 2015, 06:43 PM
G'day mate, welcome aboard

Dman2603
20th July 2015, 06:42 PM
Welcome aboard mate!

njp
22nd July 2015, 12:04 AM