PDA

View Full Version : Ecu values

dannypatrol
7th July 2015, 08:02 AM
Hi everyone, I just like to check something. I now have an ecutalk and noticed that on petrol and lpg my engine goes within 15min to 97 degrees (outside temp 15). It then goes down (starting fan?) to 95 and hangs there.
I have a new radiator, thermostat and viscous hub and found by searching that other people with the tb45 report values of around 87. The temperature sensor is good I think because ecutalk report the correct outside temp (temp when engine starts =outside temp).

Considering overheating in the past, I am a bit worried that the engine still runs 10 degrees higher then others. What you think?

jff45
7th July 2015, 08:19 AM
It sounds like thermostat opening too late or not enough. TB45 should have an 82 degree thermostat.
It's not difficult to test a thermostat. Even new could have a defect. Was it a genuine Nissan?

Mine rarely gets above 85 on the Ecutalk but when I first installed it, it was showing very low temps - rarely getting above 75 - so I changed the ECU temp sensor and then it showed normal temps.

dannypatrol
7th July 2015, 10:36 AM
It sounds like thermostat opening too late or not enough. TB45 should have an 82 degree thermostat.
It's not difficult to test a thermostat. Even new could have a defect. Was it a genuine Nissan?

Mine rarely gets above 85 on the Ecutalk but when I first installed it, it was showing very low temps - rarely getting above 75 - so I changed the ECU temp sensor and then it showed normal temps.

It was advertised as genuine Nissan. I noticed that the viscoushub looked slighty different. I read somewhere that there are tropical spec thermostats, maybe I received a non tropical version?

jff45
7th July 2015, 10:52 AM
Standard 82 degrees should work fine. Why don't you pull it out and test it in hot water. If it tests fine, you can cross that off the list.

dannypatrol
7th July 2015, 11:07 AM
Standard 82 degrees should work fine. Why don't you pull it out and test it in hot water. If it tests fine, you can cross that off the list.

I will do that. Thanks!