PDA

View Full Version : RB30 Patrol vacuum diagram

dom14
4th July 2015, 07:08 PM
Hey guys,

This is the vacuum line diagram as it is in my GQ RB30 carby model.

This diagram partially represents the real physical layout of the vacuum lines.

For example, carby throttle body and thermal vacuum switch vacuum lines are depicted as it's viewed from the driver side of the open bonnet.
Throttle body has two vacuum lines go into it, left and right. The diagram shows the same orientation.
TVV(Thermal vacuum valve) has two vacuum lines go into it. Top and bottom. The diagram shows the same orientation.
The three T-joints of the vacuum lines that are showing in the diagram represents the actual location of the T-joints as well

I would really appreciate all the RB30 gurus as well as newbies out there can have a look at this diagram
and check with their RB30 Patrol.

I would like to make sure this diagram is accurate and consistent with other RB30 Patrols out there.

You might need to print the diagram, use a smart phone or laptop etc to check the diagram with your
RB30 vacuum setup.

I've added below photos and excerpts from factory manual and the Haynes manual to clarify the accuracy
of the vacuum line setup.
I couldn't find the vacuum line/emission control diagram for RB30(factory manual or Haynes manual).

So, my diagram is the only one so far I can use for vacuum lines as a guide.

According to the factory manual, the TVV(Thermal vacuum switch) is for controlling the vacuum to EGR valve, that covers TB42, not RB30 as far as I can see in the factory manual.

According to the Haynes manual TVV is for controlling the vacuum to Vacuum advance diaphragm(for distributor). And fairly certain it's meant for RB30.

Taking all these into account, it would be great if I can find out about the accuracy of the vacuum line setup
as in my drawing above.

Thanks guys