PDA

View Full Version : Patrol Newbie

Gaza61
4th July 2015, 09:40 AM
Hi all, I thought I would do the right thing and introduce myself.

I'm from Adelaide and have recently re-joined the 4wd fraternity by picking up a 2012 GU.

It came with all the usual gadgets (ARB bulbar, Warn winch, factory snorkel, diff locks, dual batteries) and I have since added a UHF radio, 2" Dobson lift, 32" tyres (only a little bigger I know), Compressor, Steel roof rack, awning and added a bucket load of extra 12V power outlets (Anderson and Cigarette sockets) to manage all of the mandatory accessories. I also set out the update / replace my dated 4wd / camping equipment ............. as you can imagine, none of this is cheap and I use the forum to see what everybody else is doing and benefit from the many many years of collective learning by forum members.

I have already done one quick trip (9 days) up to Farina and the Southern tip of Lake Eyre then across to the Gammon ranges and back down through the North and South Flinders Ranges just to see how prepared I really am for adventures. Now I'm gearing up for a 3 week adventure including a Simpson Desert crossing in the beginning of August.

Anyway I just dropped in to say 'Hi', I'm sure I will drop in on the odd discussion.

Cheers
Gaz

threedogs
4th July 2015, 09:54 AM
Hello Gaza and welcome to the forum, jump in anytime and enjoy.
As for cig sockets not the best choice, a Merit socket is more secure.
What ever you buy ,buy the best you can so it wont fail at the wrong time.

4bye4
4th July 2015, 10:23 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.

Dhuck
4th July 2015, 10:31 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
5th July 2015, 06:24 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Clunk
6th July 2015, 06:39 PM
G'day and welcome aboard Gaz

AB
6th July 2015, 06:44 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

S.A_Stu
15th July 2015, 06:23 AM
Hello and welcome