PDA

View Full Version : Do smb can tell me normal turbocharger pressue on TD42T

awloelxf
2nd July 2015, 01:20 AM
Now I have 0.57 on 5th gear with full gas. Is it ok, or should be decreased?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QsVMEQaJS4
The device is not very sharp, so 0.07 should be added to indication

Cuppa
2nd July 2015, 10:36 AM
What is the measurement scale? Bars? Most here will have boost showing in psi (pounds per square inch) . If yours is in bars it equates to around 9psi.
My TD42i in stock factory form had a maximum boost of about 8.5psi. With mild tuning it now has a maximum of about 13.5 psi. Some folk go higher. You also need to know what your exhaust gas temperatures are. Easy to increase boost & just as easy to destroy turbos which get too hot!

awloelxf
2nd July 2015, 05:56 PM
Thank you. Do you make some regulations on your injection pump when rise pressure? What fuel consumption do you have now?

I changed engine on my GQ. Td42 to Td42T. New engine was from right-handed Safari 1994. So steering propellershaft prevents wastegate actuator from taking it's place. So I have to modify it's attach and not sure it's in original position now.

moonie
23rd July 2015, 10:37 AM
my stock turbo was 6lb boost got a denco turbo fitted boosted to 14lb with the fuel pressure adjusted with new injectors goes a lot better.iI was told not to go over 14lb as some people go up to 18lb an so on but the old 4.2 will damage pistons. so I was told by the spaner man who knows alot about the nissans