PDA

View Full Version : Starvation after fitting Fuel Manager

Tolch
29th June 2015, 08:09 PM
Hi all,

Just fitted a primary Fuel Manager with a 30 micron filter to my 2013 manual GU. Took it for a test drive to discover a lack of power and it wouldn't accelerate past 80kph. Bypassed the filter with the original hose - all good.

What do you reckon?

Rumcajs
29th June 2015, 08:47 PM
This is more common for Di (non common rail versions) but I'm not surprised. By any chance did you get the flow direction right?

Regards

Rock Trol
30th June 2015, 12:41 AM
I had a similar problem on my 2007 CRD but not quite as bad. Took the Fuel Manager off (5 micron filter) and it runs much better. Not sure why it aced that way. Hoses where on the right direction from memory. Was going to try 30 micron filters but sounds like yours is even worse. Where was your filter mounted? Drivers or passenger side? Mine was passenger side and had an extra 2-3 metres of hose to run fuel through. Not sure if that was the problem.

KNN
12th August 2015, 04:05 PM
I have fitted a fuel manager to my gu td42 with a primer pump running a 5 micron filter and dont have any issues, in fact I highly recommend fuel manager but you do have to get the right filter.