PDA

View Full Version : Uneven ride height

rusty_nail
29th June 2015, 02:38 PM
Hi Guys,

i noticed on the GU today that the body isnt sitting level, or even close to level. what could be causing this?

i measured from the ground to the top of the wheel arches and the measurements are as follows:
DSF:990 PSF:1015
DSR:1005 PSR:1040

any ideas what needs to be adjusted/replaced to fix this?

Thanks in advance

rusty

threedogs
29th June 2015, 02:59 PM
usually they put a slightly longer coil in the RF to compensate for the driver.
how old is this set up?
Im about to put 15mm coil spacers in,

rusty_nail
29th June 2015, 05:59 PM
It was on when I bought it so I'd say it's reasonably old. Would removing the seat bar affect the way the car sits when on the flat?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

threedogs
29th June 2015, 06:03 PM
Not sure what a seat bar is, did you measure from centre of hub to the bottom of wheel arch.
You havent been doing any real Hard core stuff have you and I mean rough driving in knarly country
May be just maybe the shocks are stuffed give each corner a decent push and see if it bounces once.
If it bounces more then your shocks are due for renewal
TBH I think its time to update your suspension but if it still sits ok then just change the shocks.

Dhuck
29th June 2015, 06:33 PM
If you are using a generic gq/gu spring the right rear will sit lower. we use King spring at work. They have a specific pair of springs for the rear and have a stagger in the rear to compensate. As TD said, usually the have a slightly taller spring in the r/f as well. A sagged right rear in the GU is quite common.

rusty_nail
29th June 2015, 06:36 PM
Not sure what a seat bar is, did you measure from centre of hub to the bottom of wheel arch.
You havent been doing any real Hard core stuff have you and I mean rough driving in knarly country
May be just maybe the shocks are stuffed give each corner a decent push and see if it bounces once.
If it bounces more then your shocks are due for renewal
TBH I think its time to update your suspension but if it still sits ok then just change the shocks.
Sway bar lol sorry for autocorrect

rusty_nail
29th June 2015, 06:39 PM
OK sorry should have included the car has a 4" toughdog suspension lift. I'll give the car a push tomorrow and see what it does. It's just I've never noticed it leaning, and haven't don't any major 4wding in it, I've only been out in it once since I rebuilt the engine.

jay see
29th June 2015, 08:32 PM
I cant remember the measurements off the top of my head, but I do know that when I put in my lift in it was uneven as well. The Springs were different sizes in height.