PDA

View Full Version : Merged - Deleted "Wanted"

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

69darocket
30th April 2011, 10:47 AM
best bet for mudflaps is garden edging from bunnings ! lol. there quite good, flexible and dont wear/fade/tear and can cut them to any size.

YNOT
30th April 2011, 05:58 PM
Won't you just damage all that stuff again?

Tim

That depends where you park Finly!

New parts found thanks to 4.8 man.

Tony

Finly Owner
30th April 2011, 09:45 PM
That depends where you park Finly!

New parts found thanks to 4.8 man.

Tony

Touche' Mate

Finly Owner
30th April 2011, 10:39 PM
or old conveyor belt.

Tim

brynk
1st May 2011, 10:27 AM
thanks for answers so far yes definitely searching for steel to match existing (aiming for 6 wheels) cheers GUtsy have looked on ebay and found a few prospectives

r's brynk

MQ MAD
1st May 2011, 07:37 PM
Steel rims like splitties or sunnies ???
Location helps

AB
1st May 2011, 09:07 PM
And not by me!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

When I bought the GQ I took an extra 5k loan from the bank...lol

I have just purchased a ride on mower today and I have had a ball cleaning up the property! I'm in severe debt but life is good!!!...LMAO

It's a Silva mower with a 10.5 horse power and 38" deck which munches through the bush perfectly!

It's the hydrostatic series with the heel and toe reverse function and It even has diff locks which is perfect for the holes and undulation. I mowed 2 acres which took 2 hours and would normally take the whole weekend, LOVE IT!!!!!!

Scotty, I would love to hear about your spring loaded, terrain balancing beer holder one day too...LMAO!!!

YNOT
1st May 2011, 09:09 PM
When I bought the GQ I took an extra 5k loan from the bank...lol

I have just purchased a ride on mower today and I have had a ball cleaning up the property! I'm in severe debt but life is good!!!...LMAO

It's a Silva mower with a 10.5 horse power and 38" deck which munches through the bush perfectly!

It's the hydrostatic series with the heel and toe reverse function and It even has diff locks which is perfect for the holes and undulation. I mowed 2 acres which took 2 hours and would normally take the whole weekend, LOVE IT!!!!!!

Scotty, I would love to hear about your spring loaded, terrain balancing beer holder one day too...LMAO!!!

Build up thread with photo's please!

Tony

AB
1st May 2011, 09:21 PM
Build up thread with photo's please!

Tony

Ok, well so far I have munched 200 sticks, 3 logs which grinded the blade and some rocks which spat out with an horrific sound.

The mower does not have a stubby holder which was very dissapointing so I have done some serious modifications buy placing a tool belt over the front of the mower head which easily holds 3 cans, 1 pack of smokes, my phone and a lighter which I am quite happy with the result.

I have also converted my chook shed into a half chook pen, half mower home and have put a divider wall in to stop chooks pooing all over my flashy new mower. I put some rock at the front of the shed and built a ramp to get the mower inside but when I drove the mower into the shed the rock/fill compacted down and I actually got bogged...lol...Reversed back, gave it the berries with full bunny rabbit power and got about 1/2" air into the shed and now I am not sure if I can get it out of the shed again but will report back with further modifcations and pics............LMFAO!!!

Clunk
1st May 2011, 09:25 PM
Ok, well so far I have munched 200 sticks, 3 logs which grinded the blade and some rocks which spat out with an horrific sound.

The mower does not have a stubby holder which was very dissapointing so I have done some serious modifications but placing a tool belt over the front of the mower head which easily holds 3 cans, 1 pack of smokes, my phone and a lighter which I am quite happy with the result.

I have also converted my chook shed into a half chook pen, half mower home and have put a divider wall in to stop chooks pooing all over my flashy new mower. I put some rock at the front of the shed and built a ramp to get the mower inside but when I drove the mower into the shed the rock/fill compacte down and I actually got bogged...lol...Reversed back, gave it the berries with full bunny rabbit power and got about 1/2" air into the shed and now I am not sure if I can get out of the shed but will report back with further modifcations and pics..>LMFAO!!!

sounds great, but where are the photos mate!!!!!???????? hahahahahaha

AB
1st May 2011, 09:32 PM
How did I know you guys would ask that.

I have been researching mowers for a long time now and this is the bees knees for cost and the bush type mowing with sticks, rocks and native clump grass which is like mowing a 100mm thick rope...lol

It's the usual Briggs engine with OHV, etc but has diff locks. bull bar, rear bar, tow bar, mars bar, snickers bars, etc....

This mower rocks, I am one happy mowing camper now!!!

NissanGQ4.2
1st May 2011, 09:38 PM
still can't work out why you have grass, Owning a 4b and a dirt bike you should not have grass!

AB
1st May 2011, 09:42 PM
still can't work out why you have grass, Owning a 4b and a dirt bike you should not have grass!

Ok, let me replace the word grass with weeds, native nylon looking strands of clump grass and a forest of bracken then...LMAO

Clunk
1st May 2011, 09:46 PM
How did I know you guys would ask that.

I have been researching mowers for a long time now and this is the bees knees for cost and the bush type mowing with sticks, rocks and native clump grass which is like mowing a 100mm thick rope...lol

It's the usual Briggs engine with OHV, etc but has diff locks. bull bar, rear bar, tow bar, mars bar, snickers bars, etc....

This mower rocks, I am one happy mowing camper now!!!

Luvly jubbly mate, I'm suprised you didn't get a colour to match ol' Bluey

YNOT
1st May 2011, 09:51 PM
Luvly jubbly mate, I'm suprised you didn't get a colour to match ol' Bluey

Better still, rig up a 6 foot wide cutting deck under bluey. You'd be looking for more grass to mow in the most challenging places!

Tony

AB
1st May 2011, 09:52 PM
Better still, rig up a 6 foot wide cutting deck under bluey. You'd be looking for more grass to mow in the most challenging places!

Tony

And a hyrdaulic 4 in 1 bucket on the front and a grader/ditch switch on the rear...lol...OH YEAH!!!

Finly Owner
1st May 2011, 10:00 PM
That looks like one of those ride on slashers......

Tim

AB
1st May 2011, 10:04 PM
That looks like one of those ride on slashers......

Tim

Minus the extra 5k...lol...It's actually a copy Rancher Rover mower....Rover went overseas a while back and this Silva company took over and copied every single part of the Rover style into this design now...It's slightly bigger than the original Rover too and it can climb the hills pretty good around my area.

Finly Owner
1st May 2011, 10:22 PM
Minus the extra 5k...lol...It's actually a copy Rancher Rover mower....Rover went overseas a while back and this Silva company took over and copied every single part of the Rover style into this design now...It's slightly bigger than the original Rover too and it can climb the hills pretty good around my area.good stuff,

MQ MAD
2nd May 2011, 11:06 AM
Maybe we shoulda started a "Mower thread" ???
Still havent purchased a newie yet,ya know how it is
Got access to the neighbours ride on, so hey works for me

Throwing the idea around , buy a new 13.5HP (Monster)LOL and wack it in the 42" viking mower here
Or go buy a new John deere
Decisions decisions

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 11:11 AM
Maybe we shoulda started a "Mower thread" ???
Still havent purchased a newie yet,ya know how it is
Got access to the neighbours ride on, so hey works for me

Throwing the idea around , buy a new 13.5HP (Monster)LOL and wack it in the 42" viking mower here
Or go buy a new John deere
Decisions decisions

Or a 24HP Kubota ... those little bad boys will pull a stuck truck out of the bog!! LOL

YNOT
2nd May 2011, 11:16 AM
Or a 24HP Kubota ... those little bad boys will pull a stuck truck out of the bog!! LOL

I never thought of that. There's an old sweeper in the paddock at work with a 4 cylinder Kubota diesel in it but it might be a bit big for my little Cox ride on.
Oh cr@p what have you done, now I've got ideas running around in my head of utilizing that engine to fabricate an Iseki type mower!

Tony

Bob
2nd May 2011, 11:17 AM
I never thought of that. There's an old sweeper in the paddock at work with a 4 cylinder Kubota diesel in it but it might be a bit big for my little Cox ride on.
Oh cr@p what have you done, now I've got ideas running around in my head of utilizing that engine to fabricate an Iseki type mower!

Tony

That will keep you out of the Pub for a while Tony LOL

AB
2nd May 2011, 11:40 AM
My mate just bought a John Deere ride on and It's awesome!!!

It even has not 1 but 4 stubby holders...lol.

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 11:43 AM

Now that's a mower!!!! LOL

katwoman
2nd May 2011, 02:05 PM
Almost got Hubby convinced to retire the 'other' 4x4. This is what I've told him to replace it with.
1995 onward
Diesel 4.2
Some basic mods ( lift kit, tyres ect)
Less than 250,000 klms.
Some body work ok.
Reg & rwc
If you know of one or even how much we should expect to pay , let me know. My No is...........
Yeah right !! PM or reply here is fine.
He's pretty fussy, likes everything just right ( that's why he married me).
So this could take while.

patch697
2nd May 2011, 02:08 PM
Not a Virgo is he????

katwoman
2nd May 2011, 02:15 PM
Not a Virgo is he????

Haha, no. Just likes to be difficult.

patch697
2nd May 2011, 02:18 PM

As all truly good men are.................WHO RARE.........LMAO

I'll stop now.

Bob
2nd May 2011, 02:20 PM

and you dont raflmao

katwoman
2nd May 2011, 02:22 PM
As all truly good men are.................WHO RARE.........LMAO

I'll stop now.

Yes. Don't get me started on 'good' men !! This thread didn't take long to turn to sh!te...

patch697
2nd May 2011, 02:24 PM
Sorry Kat...

YNOT
2nd May 2011, 04:44 PM
Most TI's had petrol engines so you could be looking for quite some time to find a TD42 TI.

Tony

katwoman
2nd May 2011, 04:53 PM
Most TI's had petrol engines so you could be looking for quite some time to find a TD42 TI.

Tony

Thanks Tony. I figured he'd want what doesn't exsist. So a TI OR diesel ? Ok, back to drawing board.

Ghost
2nd May 2011, 05:08 PM
That did come in a diesel just very hard to find, i have one but its not for sale..

katwoman
2nd May 2011, 05:13 PM
That did come in a diesel just very hard to find, i have one but its not for sale..

Oh, go oooonnn. Everything's for sale for the right price. Pml

rico86
2nd May 2011, 06:33 PM
I'm after a coil sprung gu ute preferably with a bit of work done to it anyone have one that they wanna sell or swap let me know pls

YNOT
2nd May 2011, 06:36 PM
Where are you? Edit, found in another post Jindabyne nsw
Petrol or diesel?

Tony

YNOT
2nd May 2011, 06:48 PM
It's a high roof AND it's supercharged!

Tony

rico86
2nd May 2011, 07:14 PM
I am after a gu ute coil sprung preferably with a bit of work done to it.
Either I'll buy or swap for a 2007 jeep
Pm me if u guys have anything thanks

chrissey
2nd May 2011, 07:17 PM
best bet for mudflaps is garden edging from bunnings ! lol. there quite good, flexible and dont wear/fade/tear and can cut them to any size.

Hey good idea I will see how that goes I am not too bothered about original ones anyways....
thanks

Bungel
2nd May 2011, 10:39 PM
Just got a 94 Patrol and wanting to do a bit of work on it.

Im looking at getting a false floor setup for storage and some roo bars for the front. Would also like to get some roof racks or storage unit set up on top.

Anyone looking to get rid of suitable gear or know of some good places to buy from.. drop me a private message.

Im located in Perth, WA.

Cheers,

George.

nowoolies
3rd May 2011, 12:11 AM
g`day George
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

MQ MAD
3rd May 2011, 10:13 AM

Well thats another reason
Nah seriously even the base model John Deere come with 19 HP and 42" cut
19HP gee it only cuts the bloody grass at 35 MPH !!!

MQ MAD
3rd May 2011, 10:17 AM
Im chasin one of these for a yard hack,log puller,lantana clearer for my property

It will be put to work
So body/rust NOT important
But must run
Brissie area only

* The uglier the better*

PM me what you have or know of

edit
My current yard hack is dead

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 10:21 AM
Well thats another reason
Nah seriously even the base model John Deere come with 19 HP and 42" cut
19HP gee it only cuts the bloody grass at 35 MPH !!!

Soooo ... the problem is?? LOL!!!

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 10:26 AM
Im chasin one of these for a yard hack,log puller,lantana clearer for my property

It will be put to work
So body/rust NOT important
But must run
Brissie area only

* The uglier the better*

PM me what you have or know of

edit
My current yard hack is dead

There's one for sale down at Birkdale - looks a clunker, but when I pick up the kids this arvo from school I'll take some happy snaps and shoot them through ...

Bigrig
3rd May 2011, 11:11 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on the forum, so don't be shy and join in to make the most of it. Enjoy!!

04OFF
3rd May 2011, 02:04 PM
Im chasing a Front under cover splash gaurd to suit a 99 GU Wagon.

Its the plastic bit that hangs down just in front of the steering damper im after.

Shoot me a PM if you have one, or know of one for sale please (i am located Brisbane Southside)

MQ MAD
3rd May 2011, 05:19 PM
Sweet scotty much appreciate that

MQ MAD
3rd May 2011, 05:21 PM
Soooo ... the problem is?? LOL!!!

No problem except when the grass isnt done but all the beer is
Ah theres always more beer and another day

Finly Owner
3rd May 2011, 05:24 PM
I just sent one to scrap you could have had it. I nvr started it, but it needed a starter as I stole the new one fromit.

The_Firetruck
3rd May 2011, 06:34 PM
I am after a full sized tray for my patrol. Prefer steel but would consider ally tray. Brisbane/Goldcoast/Sunshine coast area

fixer982
3rd May 2011, 06:41 PM
A Trol with a PTO perhaps? Seriously, if you have a real big yard, get an old Ferguson TEA20 and mower. I bought one a few years ago for $2k when I had 2 and a half acres, and while the neighbours were out with their $4k plus pint size units, I could rip up the paddock in 3rd gear mowing 5 feet wide at a time. I bought all sorts of add-ons for it as well, including a grader blade which laid about 20 driveways in the area and an 8 tine plough that was great for digging up the ground. Even scored a rear-mounted excavator bucket that went on the 3 point linkage. I dug a swimming pool and a BIG fishpond with that. The thing used to wheelstand when it came out of the holes with a full load. The old grey Fergie used to run out of petrol and I would just leave it in the paddock until I needed it again, then fill it up (gravity fed top tank), jump start it and away again. Sold it after 10 years for $1800, so I reckon it cost me close to zero.

YNOT
3rd May 2011, 07:14 PM
A Trol with a PTO perhaps? Seriously, if you have a real big yard, get an old Ferguson TEA20 and mower. I bought one a few years ago for $2k when I had 2 and a half acres, and while the neighbours were out with their $4k plus pint size units, I could rip up the paddock in 3rd gear mowing 5 feet wide at a time. I bought all sorts of add-ons for it as well, including a grader blade which laid about 20 driveways in the area and an 8 tine plough that was great for digging up the ground. Even scored a rear-mounted excavator bucket that went on the 3 point linkage. I dug a swimming pool and a BIG fishpond with that. The thing used to wheelstand when it came out of the holes with a full load. The old grey Fergie used to run out of petrol and I would just leave it in the paddock until I needed it again, then fill it up (gravity fed top tank), jump start it and away again. Sold it after 10 years for $1800, so I reckon it cost me close to zero.

Apart from the wheelie bin that looks like a scene from "The castle"..........how's the serenity!

Tony

Bungel
3rd May 2011, 10:51 PM
Cheers guys,

Introduced myself a few months back when i first started looking for a vehicle.. and got some great info. Very much appreciated too!

It all helped out heaps and i recon i picked up a real good one.

1 Owner from new, elderly couple just using it it to tow a camper away for a holiday once and awhile. 1994, 192ks, duel fuel, with both tanks holding about 80ltrs.. Was able to meet up and chat to the mechanic, see all the vehicle history and have a good look over it on the hoist with him going through any minor repairs done on it with me.

Paid $11,000, with two brand new spare wheels and a vhf fitted. Recon it was a pretty decent deal. The back seats have never even been used, and Hydraulic seats have been fitted to both driver and passenger. About 50% tread left on the 4 fitted tyres.

Will try and put some pics up, having issues with the blocked hosts on this network where i work. grrrrrrr.

:) :)

fixer982
4th May 2011, 05:04 PM
It was great while it lasted. Built a 30 sq mudbrick home there. The building you see was the 5 bay garagae I built out of mudbrick to try the stuff out. But that's another story. I read somewhere that the Ferguson TEA20 was the worlds largest selling and longest manufactured tractor. It's only drawback (apart from the Standard Vanguard engine) was a single clutch for both drive and PTO, so you learned to be pretty accurate with the clutch pedal. Loved the block. A place called Lewiston, 40 minutes from Adelaide and 15 minutes from Gawler (10 in the V8 Falcon).

The ex-wife saw to it's sale of course, after all that work. Still, memories.....sigh!

growler2058
4th May 2011, 05:13 PM
It was great while it lasted. Built a 30 sq mudbrick home there. The building you see was the 5 bay garagae I built out of mudbrick to try the stuff out. But that's another story. I read somewhere that the Ferguson TEA20 was the worlds largest selling and longest manufactured tractor. It's only drawback (apart from the Standard Vanguard engine) was a single clutch for both drive and PTO, so you learned to be pretty accurate with the clutch pedal. Loved the block. A place called Lewiston, 40 minutes from Adelaide and 15 minutes from Gawler (10 in the V8 Falcon).

The ex-wife saw to it's sale of course, after all that work. Still, memories.....sigh!

My old man had a tea20 out on a property at Wistow had posthole borer rear bucket and a 5' david brown slasher

AB
4th May 2011, 05:22 PM
Oowww....Another Hijack!!!

My brothers got a Case Dozer which we're trying to fix the transmission on and then it will help us a lot around the properties.

He just spent a small fortune on getting the hydraulics fixed up!!!

katwoman
4th May 2011, 05:47 PM

The fergies are death traps !! Old boy's got 2. I've got one and a MF35, I'll jump on the 35 every time.

MQ MAD
4th May 2011, 06:40 PM
Another thread HIJACK

Where, where
They dont happen, do they ???? LOL

While we are on the subject , or are we ???
Whos into whachamacalits and thingomebobs

katwoman
4th May 2011, 06:46 PM
Whoops, sorry. Won't happen again.

AB
4th May 2011, 08:29 PM
Another thread HIJACK

Where, where
They dont happen, do they ???? LOL

While we are on the subject , or are we ???
Whos into whachamacalits and thingomebobs

more of a thingomebobs personally...lol

Boagie
4th May 2011, 10:42 PM
i am on the look out for a centre console to bolt into my 99 gu ute.it is a manual---cheers chris

Finly Owner
4th May 2011, 10:54 PM
The fergies are death traps !! Old boy's got 2. I've got one and a MF35, I'll jump on the 35 every time.

Geez you've gpt some nice toys...

Tim

Sir Roofy
4th May 2011, 11:05 PM
in good condition and working there worth a small fortune

fixer982
5th May 2011, 03:54 PM
Interesting you raise the rear posthole borer, growler. I borrowed one to plant a 1000 Trees for Life (natural greenie, that's me), and had just finished whacking in the last hole when the then-wife called me over near the laundry door. Not one to keep a woman waiting, I raced across the block, and when I got close, stamped on the turn brake to spin the thing around in its own length. Now those PTO Post Hole Borer's have a lifting hook on the end of the jib (the one I rented did), and it neatly snagged the outer wire of the nearby Hills Hoist and ripped it clean out of the ground, carrying a full head of sheets and pillowcases. Needless to say, the wife was not amused. The worst of it was that she was only asking if I wanted another beer.

the ferret
6th May 2011, 07:40 PM
Guys I am after some hinges to use as exchange, I re bush them.
As long as the roller is ok they'll be fine.
Cheers Rod.

Finly Owner
6th May 2011, 10:12 PM
Hey Rod so do we send them to you, and pay some $$ and get repaird ones back? Or If I send you two pair do I get 1 pair back if I pay post.

How do you propose to work it?

Tim

the ferret
6th May 2011, 10:21 PM
Hi Tim, You pay, I send, you fit and send old ones back, NO Ebay hinges tho, must be genuine with the roller working.
I make new bronze bushes and new stainless pins.
Yep, send me two sets and I'll do you one set for free, I get to keep the other set.
Cheers Rod.

Finly Owner
6th May 2011, 10:32 PM
Only fronts?

Tim

the ferret
6th May 2011, 10:44 PM
Yeah, as the back door hinges don't wear unless ya have a bunch of kids, or mates lol, mostly driver's side Tim. I find I have to rob the roller sometimes to be able to send a good set back, which leaves me with a hinge I can't repair as there are no rollers available,They are hard faced as well as the pin, so I can't really make them as good as original rollers.
Top hinge is no problem, I can drill em bigger and make a bigger bush.
Cheers Rod.

Finly Owner
6th May 2011, 11:05 PM
I have some spares hanging around I'll dig them all up and let you know, but won't happen for few days though.

Tim

the ferret
6th May 2011, 11:12 PM
Thanks Tim, it seems to be hinge week, and I have no stock, some returns are very slow, might have to charge a deposit, don't want to.
Cheers Rod.

Finly Owner
6th May 2011, 11:19 PM
Well hopefully they will all be honest and do the returns Mate.

the ferret
7th May 2011, 12:15 AM
Yeah, 99% are Tim, but after a while you look in the box of hinges and all that is there is stuff that in all concience, you can't send.
But having said that, after a while you end up with other peoples "worn outs'' so you end up with not being able to provide a service, this is part of it.
Not to worry tho, only a hobby, keeps me out of mischief, too windy fer FISH'N ATM lol
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/ferret/Fisherman.jpg

Clunk
7th May 2011, 12:28 AM
nice haircut !!!!lmao

the ferret
7th May 2011, 12:38 AM
Wotcha talk'n bout obviously you weren't around in the 70s, mullet was cool then. 66 lb Sambo EYHO! :jawdrop:

the ferret
7th May 2011, 12:46 AM
2 hrs ta land, half the time if I was sober,ha .

Clunk
7th May 2011, 12:53 AM
Wotcha talk'n bout obviously you weren't around in the 70s, mullet was cool then. 66 lb Sambo EYHO! :jawdrop:

sorry did I say haircurt.............. I meant fish hahahahahahahah

Clunk
7th May 2011, 12:56 AM
2 hrs ta land, half the time if I was sober,ha .

I did wonder whether the red face was due to the difficulty of landing the beast lmao

WHITEGQ
7th May 2011, 08:58 AM
HI,
How much do you charge for a set of your rebuilt right front GQ door hinges, my drivers door has a bit of slop, so how much change over with postage to Leongatha, Vic, 3953.
With Thanks Jeff.

Warnie
7th May 2011, 09:26 AM
found thanks

the ferret
7th May 2011, 10:30 AM
I did wonder whether the red face was due to the difficulty of landing the beast lmao

Sunburn I'd say LOL

the ferret
7th May 2011, 10:31 AM
PM sent Jeff.

maverick1
10th May 2011, 08:42 PM
Hi everyone,
I am needing an emulsion block. Apparently, the GQ came standard with these under the carby. I have a 4.2 ltr 88 Maverick and the carby has an airlock. I am having alot of trouble locating one of these. Even if you can let me know where I can look apart from wreckers, I would appreciate it. I am also chasing a silver LH fender and door skin.

Burden
13th May 2011, 11:08 PM
Looking for a roof rack - want full length tradie style or would also consider a full or 3/4 cage type rack. Alloy or steel. If you have one that you wanto sell on let me know. I am in Geelong, Vic - will travel around vic or possibly SA on my way to Alice in a couple of weeks.

Thanks guys.

Bungel
14th May 2011, 04:59 PM
The best i have found so far is this out fit - http://www.4wdsystems.com.au/index.php?id=37

Any other ideas???

Still pricey, but havnt been able to find much in the way of second hand stuff around.

Clunk
14th May 2011, 07:23 PM
Hey Bungel, ever though of making up a set of your own??? There's a few of the guys on here who have and I think are on their threads, XLR8, AB and Warnie have I believe, can't remember if they have actually finished them yet and also can't remember who else has had a go.

Bungel
15th May 2011, 02:41 PM
I would be right into it if i had the time, but am working away on a 4/1 roster.. so no time at all to sadly.

Finally got the pics sorted... here she is.
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac42/BungelAlive/28042011758.jpg

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac42/BungelAlive/28042011757.jpg

timbar
15th May 2011, 03:04 PM
nice looking rig mate a few mods and it would be a machine !!! so where in wa are you situated ??

Bungel
15th May 2011, 06:50 PM
Perth, living just north of the River. And working up on the Gorgan project at the moment.

Clunk
15th May 2011, 08:40 PM
nice one Bungel, looks good, same age and model as mine so can't be bad lol

Bigcol
16th May 2011, 11:43 PM
finaly got a set now..........
the guy must have ready your comments Finly - he charged me $50 for the 4

now just need to change my wheel nuts........

cheers

Boagie
17th May 2011, 11:59 AM
:biggrin:hey guys was wonderung if anyone has a centre console for my 99 gu ute??---i have removed the 1 and ahalf seat and put in a bucket----the wreckers want a arm and a leg for one ---the interior colour is greeny -grey-----ps i have that seat for sale----any offer considered

BearGUST
17th May 2011, 05:54 PM
My Patrol came without centre caps, I want some....

AB
17th May 2011, 08:46 PM
G'day mate, Iv'e moved your post here to the wanted section so other scan find it better.

Finly Owner
17th May 2011, 11:10 PM
Ive seen some centre floor console on ebay cheap to

Tim

my third 256
18th May 2011, 03:24 AM
try e bay some on there

macca
18th May 2011, 08:51 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bench-Seat-Console-Universal-Tan-16-5x8-5x9-/250740704973?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a614f86cdrl

I bought one of these from the States, $130 frieght, but couldnt find anything here I liked. Mines grey they alsohave many other designs

Made a bracket to hold it off the floor, and it hinges forward to store stuff under.

Workes for me.....
Macca

BearGUST
19th May 2011, 07:05 AM
Yeah, I've been looking on there flat out & tried wreckers etc.

MQ MAD
19th May 2011, 11:35 AM
Im after a GQ centre console for my MK ute
Preferably something thats good and not busted up
Let me know whats around
Ill pick up in the next week or so

Cheap as always, but will trade for beers

Finly Owner
19th May 2011, 10:13 PM
No battery Tray sorry Cory.

Tim

MQ MAD
20th May 2011, 08:47 AM
Thats cool Tim,
I ended up using the otherside tray and ,remodeled it with a hammer to look good enuf

chrissey
20th May 2011, 08:46 PM
Helllllo guys,

I am after a lock for a 89 GQ glove box, extra tall roof racks and the left side air vent thingy (?!). I am located at the sunny coast if you maybe know someone who might have those parts or is currently wrecking gq' s.

thanks

chris

AB
20th May 2011, 09:02 PM
Helllllo guys,

I am after a lock for a 89 GQ glove box, extra tall roof racks and the left side air vent thingy (?!). I am located at the sunny coast if you maybe know someone who might have those parts or is currently wrecking gq' s.

thanks

chris

Hi Chris,

I would get in contact with Patrolapart (http://www.patrolapart.com.au/)and Hall4x4 (http://hall4x4.com.au/) for the air vent and glove box lock in Melbourne and freight up to you.

Extra tall roof rack would be hard to find. I would find a cheap one on ebay and weld on higher mounting plates if it was me.

chrissey
20th May 2011, 09:21 PM
Hi AB!
Thanks for the link, I will get in touch with them and hopefully they ve got what I am after hehe. Finding a roof rack that fits a safari is in deed a bit of a pain, at least if you want to save a dollar and get 2nd hand ones.
cheers mate,

chris

1peter
22nd May 2011, 12:31 PM
Wanted - Patrol GU Auto Wagon, prefer 4.5 petrol with gas conversion + extra's or would consider deisel depending on model. Will spend up to $16000 depending on condition, mileage, extra's etc. Very fussy about condition and Prefer low Km's. Northside brisbane.

Bigrig
22nd May 2011, 12:47 PM
Would you consider a late model GQ? For the money, you are looking at something with a lot of miles either way - don't discount other states also - for the price of an airfare well worth looking into Vic and NSW also. I'm sure members on here would be able to assist from time to time in going and sussing out the car for you.

Slightly older model will probably see you into something pretty solid. Make sure you hunt around hard - good ones pop up frequently, but go quick. Example - I paid $7500 for mine and fair enough have put a truck load of gear on it over time, but it hasn't missed a beat, has no rust (major factor for me), and leaves money over to put into mods and running maintenance etc.

Good luck with the hunt mate - I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you in my travels.

Bob
22nd May 2011, 01:00 PM
Will keep a Eye out for you Mate. A 98 GU with 2.8 Litre Diesel (6 Cyl) with 180,000 K's just went for about $12,000 on ebay.
Best of Luck on you search.

Nanango
22nd May 2011, 07:26 PM
Have a 96 GQ TB42E LWB wagon and am planning a trip in the near future. Will need to carry extra fuel, so looking at aux fuel tank (approx 70L) and a snorkel to suit. Also interested in a long range tank to suit a 2" lift, but have a hayman reece towbar and I believe Long range tanks and these towbars ar not exactly compatible. Am currently on the Central Coast (NSW) but heading back to QLD in about a weeks time, so anything between Sydney and Brissie would be good.

Bob
23rd May 2011, 07:24 AM
Try this one Pete

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130523174448&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:AU:1123

RED
24th May 2011, 08:35 PM
Hi all
someone please help, im in need of td42 air con bracket.

Ghost
24th May 2011, 09:07 PM
where u at i have a couple

RED
24th May 2011, 09:22 PM
in tas mate. but i would be happy to pay freight ex,

mqswb
25th May 2011, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone
im after a mq swb patrol diesel perferilbe white or silver

Bigrig
25th May 2011, 04:26 PM
Hey champion

How about popping over to the introductions section and throwing up some info about yourself and your rig. We ask all new members to do so so everyone knows who you are and you'll get responded to better by other members - no harm done though mate and welcome aboard!!

YNOT
25th May 2011, 06:24 PM
Hi everyone
im after a mq swb patrol diesel perferilbe white or silver

You might want to tell people where you are.

Tony

maque
28th May 2011, 07:37 PM
where to buy a mirror for my truck? i want an aftermarket one. please let me know thanks a lot!

Banks cold air intake, MBRP 4" turbo downpipe back, Mirrors - Interior (http://www.stylintrucks.com/category/interior/mirrors_-_interior.aspx), Edge Evo Race, EGR blocker plate, Banks MONSTER boost tube, and Transgo Jr. shift kit
Black XD Hoss 18x9's & Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/65/r18's

macca
29th May 2011, 07:23 AM
Have you found one yet? Got one off a leafy, not sure if mounts are the same. Can measure if you want
Macca

macca
29th May 2011, 07:39 AM
I replied to the wrong thread somewhere and put this link in, it's the passenger door, he might have the drivers????????

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Patrol-GU-2006-LH-Door-Mirror-/250798513483?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a64c19d4b

Macca

Cadbury
30th May 2011, 02:04 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone have an alternator for a 1999 GU 4500 they are wanting to get rid of.
I have had a look around and the cheapest I can find is $350 for a new one.
Cheers
Tim

Bob
30th May 2011, 02:22 PM
Maybe you could give this a go

http://www.lubemobile.com.au/car-repairs/alternator-and-starter-motor.html?var=adwords&gclid=CIDl5JLjjqkCFQLVbgodPSi2jg

Bob
30th May 2011, 03:18 PM
Here is another one

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-New-Nissan-Patrol-TB42-TB45-Alternator-100A-/280590736950?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415482de36

Cadbury
30th May 2011, 03:40 PM
Great thanks for your help Bob.
Man I did not know these alternators were so dear in price Nissan wanted $1200
Cheers
Tim

growler2058
30th May 2011, 03:49 PM
A mate just got quote for a landcrabber petrol $750 for an alternator!!!! We pulled it apart yesyerday and all it needs is a $60 brush kit.

Cadbury
30th May 2011, 04:00 PM
That sounds a hell of a lot better,

growler2058
30th May 2011, 04:06 PM
The brush pack came off relitively simply but we kept going and carefully stripped it right down to make sure it was clean around the armature (it had seen some very serious mud). Lesson learnt for us after heaps of mud wash out the bugger. The brushes had just got mud in em and werent pushing on to the armature, now clean they'll work fine. Hes gunna replace anyway and keep the old ones spare.

Cadbury
30th May 2011, 05:06 PM
I might give it a try pulling it apart first before I go and spend a fortune.
Thanks mate
Cheers
Tim

Ben-e-boy
30th May 2011, 07:17 PM
Hi all.

I'm asking on behalf of a mate if anyone has a 5 speed manual for a sd33t for his 87 mq shorty

Cheers
Benny

MQ MAD
31st May 2011, 02:21 PM
Where abouts you /or mate located ???
What sorta $$$ he wanna spend ???
I know of a few for sale in QLD
There asking around the $500 mark

Finly Owner
31st May 2011, 03:03 PM
I have a spare one

Finly Owner
31st May 2011, 06:27 PM
Tim, call Beenleigh Auto and Marine electrcics a call. Darryl got me a new one for my MK about $370-390 from memory.
Beenleigh Auto & Marine Electrics

9A Logan River Road, Beenleigh QLD 4207 (07) 3287 2498 ‎

Tim

Ben-e-boy
1st June 2011, 05:18 PM
my mate lives in maryborough if you could pm me a contact number he could contact you tomorrow

Cheers
Benny

Boagie
1st June 2011, 06:51 PM
so has anyone know of a wreck???

Cadbury
1st June 2011, 09:39 PM
I got one brand new for $280.
Cheers to all.
Tim

bigG
2nd June 2011, 06:02 PM
I have some for sale, what model you need as mine are off GU6 Alloys

bigG
2nd June 2011, 06:05 PM
I have 2 door flares in good nic off GU6 patrol $150 for both

bigG
2nd June 2011, 06:09 PM
Hi I have a set of centre caps of my GU6 for sale.
Send me mess if intrested

Finly Owner
2nd June 2011, 10:48 PM
All yours Cory, you're closer!

Tim

BearGUST
2nd June 2011, 11:10 PM
Mine is a 2002, Which I think makes it a GU3... Are they different caps?

BillsGU
3rd June 2011, 05:31 PM
Still looking - check out your shed as these wheels were made about 10 years ago. I still like the look of them and they suit the car.

bigG
3rd June 2011, 08:07 PM
Yes I think they are different do you have 17in rims

MQ MAD
3rd June 2011, 10:30 PM
Ill rattle a few numbers for you and send them threw
He gunna drive brissie way for a pikup ???
Does he want 1 a bit closer to him ???

chrissey
4th June 2011, 10:12 AM
Hey guys,
I am after a set or 2x 265x70xr16 tyres preferrably Maxxis or similiar.
Thanks
Chris

BearGUST
6th June 2011, 10:44 PM
No, 16's...

ishie
9th June 2011, 04:35 PM
have an excess brake calipers on my garage if you really want ill take some pictures of it then send you a mail. :)

-2008 Nissan Patrol - Brake Calipers (http://www.jcwhitney.com/brake-calipers/c15907j1s17.jcwx)
-2007 Suburban 3LT
-2007 Haulmark Enclosed Car hauler
-2001 Pewter Z/28
-2000 NBM Camaro

mat
11th June 2011, 08:50 PM
Wanted: late modle sd33t engine
hi i live in Peth WA and i am looking for a compleate sd33t engine with injector pump
for my mk cab chassis.

Finly Owner
11th June 2011, 09:21 PM
Wanted: late modle sd33t engine
hi i live in Peth WA and i am looking for a compleate sd33t engine with injector pump
for my mk cab chassis.
How much do you expect to pay?
Does any of the WANPC members know of 4WD wreckers around Perth that may be stock these?

Tim

mjmd57
13th June 2011, 02:51 PM
hello does anyone know where i can get a set of rear brake drums new or used to suit my 92 y60 tray back
thanks mjmd57

YNOT
13th June 2011, 03:06 PM
Try here; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-PATROL-260-Y60-Rear-Brake-Drum-Made-Japan-/380345637518?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588e5dda8e

Tony

robbo71
13th June 2011, 04:19 PM
Got a big trip coming up and looking around for a long range fuel tank for a GU 3.0TD. Still the standard tanks on board (90Lt main adn 30Lt Sub) and looking to carry a bit more without carrying jerry cans. There are plenty of news ones out there but +$1100 is a little rich for me at the moment so second hand out of a wreck with front ned damage only would be ideal.

I'm in sydney so will travel for the right price.

BearGUST
14th June 2011, 01:13 PM
Are they still for sale? I went to the dealer, the caps on the 17's look like they'd fit.

mjmd57
14th June 2011, 05:37 PM
thanks i will have a look

PattyWgnOwen
16th June 2011, 07:47 PM
Wanted - barn doors for GU project. dented, scratched ok, mis-matched no problem. colour does nto matter - must havd hinges and catches. Brisbane or nearby.

PattyWgnOwen
16th June 2011, 07:53 PM
testing my signature on my own ad

YNOT
16th June 2011, 07:54 PM
An_introduction_would_be _apprecieated!

Tony

PattyWgnOwen
16th June 2011, 08:00 PM
Looking to either buy or swap for a GU1-3 ARb deluxe winch bar or similar quality.
The deluxe bar I have is for city driving, and i want a better bush bar, you know incase I hit a 10' high bunny rabbit or something?

mat
18th June 2011, 06:57 PM
i have'nt try'd wreckers as they want the earth for parts in perth iv been working in the parts game for 12 years and yea not worth it but i migh have to.
i hav an account with night road so i could freight one from east if the price is right.

Finly Owner
18th June 2011, 09:23 PM
so contact sds diesel, I found them to be the cheapest for complete rebuild kit.

Tim

Crowman23
20th June 2011, 01:12 PM
Howdy I'm looking for the following;
Brake Booster
Exterior Door Handles or maybe a complete GQ Wagon

BillsGU
20th June 2011, 09:58 PM
I had the same problem with mine and I bought some clips from my local Nissan dealer. They are rectangular with "teeth" on the inside. I took the bumper off and pressed the clips over the plactic tabs until they turned inside out - ie the teeth were facing upwards and biting into the plactic tabs. The clips were fairly cheap and I have not had a problem since - even after some serious off road trips.

04OFF
21st June 2011, 09:18 AM
The problem is that very often you will bust off some of the plastic tab/tounges that those metal jaw clips push onto, then your stuffed ,I knocked my lights out about 3 times off roading, and had already replaced the light surrounds.

What i ended up doing with mine, was to drill a small hole in each corner of the plastic surround (inside where you cant see from the outside) then used cable ties to pull the surrounds in snug (then refit the lens)

The beauty of the cable ties is, the next time you scrape the bum, the cable ties allow a fair bit of flex/movement , my lights have never fallen out again, once i hit mine so hard it bent the metal on the lower rear gaurd, but the light remained secure.

And at the worst, if you do pop a light, its dead easy to keep a few cable ties in the glovebox, and re-fit it in 2 min, just before you have to drive home. :animierte-smilies-t

Bigrig
21st June 2011, 09:23 AM
Check out the photos of my old GU on my members page ... I used black tape to hold them in as I got sick of them popping out!!!! Can't beat the black duct tape!!! lmao

growler2058
21st June 2011, 09:51 AM
Check out the photos of my old GU on my members page ... I used black tape to hold them in as I got sick of them popping out!!!! Can't beat the black duct tape!!! lmao

Very nice mate special part no. AX234:1 cool!!!

Sooooo why'd ya trade up to a mighty GQ from the not so mighty GU??

Dhuck
21st June 2011, 10:18 AM

He saw the light and thought it would be the smart thing to do.

growler2058
21st June 2011, 10:26 AM
He saw the light and thought it would be the smart thing to do.

AH so its not true what they said about him hahaha

Bigrig
21st June 2011, 11:47 AM

Tipped the GU on it's side and decided I couldn't afford to flog the guts out of a 'pretty' car!!! lol ...

That's literally why!!

growler2058
21st June 2011, 12:16 PM
Tipped the GU on it's side and decided I couldn't afford to flog the guts out of a 'pretty' car!!! lol ...

That's literally why!!

OH Bummer mate

Rahrah
21st June 2011, 02:21 PM
Hi Mat, I've got one. Only problem is I'm in Qld, and its still in the truck. Beautiful engine, fires on the first kick every time. The wreckers price over here is between 1100.00 & 1500.00 bare. I'm new to the site so I don't know if we can discuss price, however I'm willing to let mine go for less. The main problem would be getting it out of the truck as I'm full of arthritis. If your still interested, email me and we'll try an work out a solution. Cheers

YNOT
21st June 2011, 02:30 PM
You can discuss price publically if you want but some prefer to do things like that especially private information like phone numbers and addresses via PM (Private Message). The link to the PM page is under the MQ at the top of the page.

I'm sure myself and a few other locals could help you get the engine out if you do sell it.

Tony

Rahrah
21st June 2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the offer YNOT. The trucks complete at the moment, and I would rather sell it complete. I think its the last of its kind in Australia. Its a 82 hightop safari wagon. Import. Unfortunately the rust has really attacked the top, especially around the sunroof. Its fixable, but a lot of work. The Japenese use salt on the ice on their roads. Excellant motor, only done 200,000km. When I got it, she had 65,000km on the clock. Has automatic locking hubs, sports dash, passable buckets, 5sp manual gearbox. You could drive it to Perth. However, its been sitting around for 2 yrs so wrecking may be the way to go

Bigrig
21st June 2011, 08:23 PM
Yes BR I also had mine taped but it dried off after a couple of years!! Time to do it right so I'll put this little job on the agenda!

Sooooo ... more tape you mean??? lmao!!

Bigrig
21st June 2011, 08:50 PM
Knowing me then yep probly! haha

Good boy!!! You get a biscuit!!! lmao

MQ MAD
22nd June 2011, 09:49 AM
The wreckers price over here is between 1100.00 & 1500.00 bare.

Depends which wreckers, most dont stock the old stuff anymore
They leave collecting the older stuff for us diehards
Saying that ,a mate paid $850 for a long motor from the wreckers (no manifolds or such)
Put it in , ran for 1 day and rod thru the block
"No warranty as is , where is"
Wrecker said "How can i warrant an old engine" ???
Id dunno ??? For $850 id like to hear it run first,thatll be a start

Good luck with the search,theyre getting harder to get unfortunately
Rebuild kit will sting ya over a grand,just the kit,no labour

portal pat
22nd June 2011, 06:58 PM
Hi all,
Am wishing to purchase the mudguard lettering "PATROL" that usually ends up covered when fitting a snorkel to a GU IV. They are six individual block letters in chrome. Assume they are adhesive. Can anyone help? Cheers. PM please.

Disregard-found some.

katwoman
22nd June 2011, 07:18 PM
Hello, my dears.
After bonnet, rhr barn door, complete left hand mirror, left mudguard. Pref dark blue/silver. But colour not important. PM me here, if you know of any, pls.

growler2058
22nd June 2011, 07:31 PM
Hello, my dears.
After bonnet, rhr barn door, complete left hand mirror, left mudguard. Pref dark blue/silver. But colour not important. PM me here, if you know of any, pls.

Tryin to make ur GU look better ay hahahahah spose ur after all white hahahahaha

nowoolies
22nd June 2011, 08:25 PM
No she`s making a new dog kennel hahahahahahahahahahaha

patch697
22nd June 2011, 08:29 PM
No she`s making a new dog kennel hahahahahahahahahahaha

Treading on the thin stuff there Paul???? Admin & 3 out of 4 Mods are ALL GQ OWNER....

& you to growlers for thanking him......LMFAO

Sorry for the hijack Kat but someone gotta pull these bloody clowns up...lol

nowoolies
22nd June 2011, 08:32 PM
QUOTE=patch697;98817]Treading on the thin stuff there Paul???? Admin & 3 out of 4 Mods are ALL GQ OWNER....

& you to growlers for thanking him......LMFAO

Sorry for the hijack Kat but someone gotta pull these bloody clowns up...lol[/QUOTE]

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

:hijacked::hijacked::hijacked:sterb032::blowup:
and from a mod too hahahahahahahaha

growler2058
22nd June 2011, 08:36 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA OOPs

AB
22nd June 2011, 09:01 PM
I have to ask Kat, why?

Am I missing something or have you just become a GQ owner???

smoogoo73
22nd June 2011, 10:35 PM
Hi all im after a good replacement 2.8ltr engine for my truck im after a low klm or import engine

patch697
23rd June 2011, 02:58 AM
I have to ask Kat, why?

Its notyour fault old mate, its bloody hard keeping up around here.....lol

Kat now has a GQ in the family, She posted some pics in GB: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?442-General-banter/page1097

Boy that took some finding old mate.....lol

katwoman
23rd June 2011, 08:05 AM
I have to ask Kat, why?

Yeah, sorry AB. Been a bit slack with pics. Technically it's not mine !! Cruiserman bought it. That blue/silver one on eBay.

my third 256
23rd June 2011, 10:08 AM
Yeah, sorry AB. Been a bit slack with pics. Technically it's not mine !! Cruiserman bought it. That blue/silver one on eBay.
commonly called the loneranger colour

Bob
23rd June 2011, 11:15 AM
try this Kat

http://hall4x4.com.au/category/latest-stock/wrecking-all-types-nissans-patrol-gq-gu-and-narvara/

AB
23rd June 2011, 11:16 AM
Patrolapart in Lilydale would have parts too Kat and keep an eye out on Ebay, they come up all the time...

Gert B Frobe
23rd June 2011, 03:01 PM
Hey all,

Chasing the interior trim panels for the barn doors of my wagon. Must be the dark grey/black? vinyl, not the plastic pieces. Or even an earlier series GU if the interior is the same.

PM, text or call

0422 646 489

katwoman
23rd June 2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys. Just thought I'd look here, first.
I am in need of a Kat Kennel ATM, Pauli.

BenGood
24th June 2011, 12:10 PM
I have one for sale, sitting on my shed floor, out of the vehicle and EVERYTHING!!! Only problem is, I'm in Newcastle, NSW. Message me if you still need one!

da' maverick
26th June 2011, 02:04 PM
hey everyone.

im in need of a torque converter for my 4by.
i have a 1991 patrol (maverick) petrol non efi i believe its a re4r03a

Finly Owner
26th June 2011, 10:23 PM
sorry can't help

Tim

Bigcol
29th June 2011, 12:34 PM
I just walked outside to have a look at mine
thought there was something funny about them

they (previous owner) put in some screws - like the ones you use in plaster board.... flat head self tapping Phillips head's

maybe I need to put a spot of black paint on them to hide the screws?

cheers

katwoman
29th June 2011, 04:48 PM
Want for a trip next week.
Left it till last minute, but can anyone help ?? Will travel hour or two for pick-up.

big_fletch
29th June 2011, 11:28 PM
Yep spot of paint and you wouldn't even know they're there. Thanks for replying Col.

FYI mine hasn't been fixed yet! Too many distractions (or maybe too much procrastination!!)

Shoot down to local bolt bloke, grab some of those nice black Allen key bolts and nylock nuts, and put 1 on either side of the cowling, I reckon that would look very neat and it wouldn't move.. Just another random thought lol

Gert B Frobe
30th June 2011, 12:01 AM
Pity about that katwoman, im in the west and my full length ally rack is sitting in the shed gathering dust.

But your post has given me the idea of hiring it out to people who dont have the need to purchase but need one for a trip.

Apologies for the hijack too.

katwoman
1st July 2011, 08:08 AM
Still need this over the next two days. Or any other quick ideas for extra space.

nowoolies
1st July 2011, 08:13 AM
australia post maybe send the gear ahead of you hahahahahahah sorry could`nt help my self

what hijacking you talking about willis

AB
4th July 2011, 02:14 PM
Hi all, I'm after a GU TD42T exhaust manifold.

If anyone has one for sale please PM me.

Any state of Australia is ok but I am based on North East side of Melbourne (Yarra Glen).

Cheers!

AB
4th July 2011, 04:04 PM
All good, just found one!!!

Bob
4th July 2011, 04:10 PM
all good, just found one!!!

seen the light mate and getting a gu lol

AB
4th July 2011, 04:13 PM
Just putting the "few" good parts of the GU on the better rig old mate...LMAO

big_fletch
4th July 2011, 05:13 PM
You planning on putting a turbo onto the q very soon are ya AB lol

AB
4th July 2011, 05:16 PM
You planning on putting a turbo onto the q very soon are ya AB lol

Your the first one to guess old mate...Well done!!!

It may be sooner then you think!

I just picked up a GU factory turbo and manifold at a price I couldn't say no.....my home loan is now extended and the misses will kill me if she ever found out!!!

big_fletch
4th July 2011, 05:18 PM

I just picked up a GU factory turbo and manifold at a price I couldn't say no.....my home loan is now extended and the misses will kill me if she ever found out!!!

That's easy fixed, just don't tell her lol... Reckon be up and running for 16th?

Maxhead
4th July 2011, 05:27 PM

Haha, you're a brave man but what she doesn't know won't hurt her...ROFL

AB
4th July 2011, 05:29 PM
Haha, you're a brave man but what she doesn't know won't hurt her...ROFL

Ever since I bought Bluey there has been a web of lies....lol

That's easy fixed, just don't tell her lol... Reckon be up and running for 16th?

I doubht it mate. I still need to find a 3" exhaust first and then decide if can do this myself or not...lol

TUR7LE
4th July 2011, 05:50 PM
I'm sure u can do it mate if not we can give u a hand while we having some cans n a BBQ lol

YNOT
4th July 2011, 06:03 PM
I just noticed another piece you will need AB, the elbow the bolts to the standard inlet manifold.
There are 2 different versions of the elbow, the one shown below is the most common and has the over boost pressure relief valve on it, the other version has this blanked off. It's easy enough to remove the PRV and replace it with a threaded blanking plug. The PRV is set to vent over about 14Psi.

Tony

AB
4th July 2011, 07:49 PM
Arrr Tony, your the man!!!!!

the guy forgot about that bit and he does have it and is sending it too!

Pheww....Life saver Tony!

pro.020
5th July 2011, 08:44 PM
Looking for a set of factory GU wheels alloy or steel or anything 16 x 8 really. With or without tyres doesn't matter. Want to fit a set of 265/75R16 A/T's to them. Putting on GQ shorty. Any help would great. Thanks:biggrin:

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 08:47 PM
Looking for a set of factory GU wheels alloy or steel or anything 16 x 8 really. With or without tyres doesn't matter. Want to fit a set of 265/75R16 A/T's to them. Putting on GQ shorty. Any help would great. Thanks:biggrin:

I've got a full set of original alloys off a Ti GQ - would prefer to offload with tyres and all though? They have Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 Rib 285/75/16's on them with about 60% tread on 4 and one brand new (the spare).

PM me if you want to try to work something out!
Cheers
Scotty

pro.020
5th July 2011, 08:57 PM
That sounds good, what's a 285/75 equivelant to? 33?

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 08:58 PM
That sounds good, what's a 285/75 equivelant to? 33?

Yeah mate, just shy of but may as well be.

pro.020
5th July 2011, 09:01 PM
Nice, I've got 33 mtz's fitted at the moment so i know they'll fit. How much you chasing for the set?

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 09:36 PM
Nice, I've got 33 mtz's fitted at the moment so i know they'll fit. How much you chasing for the set?

Haha ... no idea mate!! Hadn't even looked into it ... Ummmmm ... 5 x Alloys in good nick, with the tyres???

Whaddyareckon??

Anyone want to give me a hand on this one? lmao!!!

Bigrig
5th July 2011, 09:38 PM

33's yes, but what size rim?? Mine are 16's ... If yours have 33" written on them, then they're more than likely 15's or 17's.

blazza
10th July 2011, 08:28 PM
Chasing 15X10 rims to fit a nissan patrol and with a -44 offset

Bigrig
10th July 2011, 08:40 PM
-44 ??? Holy Dooley mate!! Will be a snow plow!!! lol

big_fletch
10th July 2011, 08:45 PM
-44 ??? Holy Dooley mate!! Will be a snow plow!!! lol

Haha yer ill say, talk about a wide stance lol

blazza
10th July 2011, 08:52 PM
ha ha yeah i know but these days, when the car falls into ruts or slides towards walls, rather the tyres hit first, just bit of extra protection :)

Bigrig
10th July 2011, 09:00 PM
ha ha yeah i know but these days, when the car falls into ruts or slides towards walls, rather the tyres hit first, just bit of extra protection :)

Not sure that you aren't asking for a fairly high chance of a wobble at speed with that much offset mate - may not, but the Ackerman angle is getting smashed with a -44 offset so just be prepared for that is all I'd suggest ... oh ... and tyres wearing out on the outer edges and squealing/grinding around corners as the scrub radius will be getting a major upset also ..

big_fletch
10th July 2011, 09:01 PM

Well that is a very good point I think, I do have to agree with that logic lol..
Also agree with Scotty above

blazza
10th July 2011, 09:06 PM
Not sure that you aren't asking for a fairly high chance of a wobble at speed with that much offset mate - may not, but the Ackerman angle is getting smashed with a -44 offset so just be prepared for that is all I'd suggest ... oh ... and tyres wearing out on the outer edges and squealing/grinding around corners as the scrub radius will be getting a major upset also ..

oh true, i didn't even think of that scotty, i have a few mates who have 15x10 with that offset and havent said anything bad about them yet, will have to look more into it then, cheers

Bigrig
10th July 2011, 09:20 PM
oh true, i didn't even think of that scotty, i have a few mates who have 15x10 with that offset and havent said anything bad about them yet, will have to look more into it then, cheers

Might be fine mate - but steering/suspension geometry is specifically designed with the "factory" settings in mind .. you may have no issue with the wobble, but at that offset, I reckon your mates are telling porky pies (or are just oblivious) with regards to tyre wear and cornering etc if they reckon it's just like it was before ... its just not possible to be the same unfortunately ..

Good luck with it either way champion - it's an awesome looking rig, and the stance would be tough as with that offset!!!

blazza
10th July 2011, 09:33 PM
yeah i think your right scotty, i already get the typical wobble at 80k's as the nissan's do, i know i need to invest in a bigger steering damper as i've gotten bigger suspension now, maybe the 15x8 with -22 i got now might be a keeper ha ha :)

so when are you getting your 5 inch lift scotty? and would u be going to mud bulls and music this year in october?

Bigrig
10th July 2011, 09:36 PM
Fitting the suspension saturday week over at YNOT's ... can't wait.

Planning on a run down to Melbourne in late October mate, so won't be able to make that one unfortunately! When are you next up for a wheel at Beerburrum or up your way??

blazza
10th July 2011, 09:47 PM
oh nice, be tough looking unit with the 5 inch lift, yeah at the moment im only home for 3 days from my roster and one of them is a week day so can imagine having trouble trying to get the rig fixed but after this weekend should be all good then thinking going up to double island for the weekend around the 30th july, but let us know when thinking next to heading out to glass house or around there, and have you been out 4x4ing at bell forestry?

Bigrig
10th July 2011, 09:51 PM
oh nice, be tough looking unit with the 5 inch lift, yeah at the moment im only home for 3 days from my roster and one of them is a week day so can imagine having trouble trying to get the rig fixed but after this weekend should be all good then thinking going up to double island for the weekend around the 30th july, but let us know when thinking next to heading out to glass house or around there, and have you been out 4x4ing at bell forestry?

Nope ... but more than happy to check it out!! Let me know when ..

blazza
10th July 2011, 09:57 PM
no worries, some pretty good hill climbs and fun tracks

Bigrig
10th July 2011, 10:01 PM
no worries, some pretty good hill climbs and fun tracks

Do love a good hill climb!!! Sounds a treat champion!!!

Ben-e-boy
11th July 2011, 05:11 PM
hey blazza
I run a 15x10 with -44 offset and the only wobble I get is under breaking at slow speeds.. its just the tyres flexing BTW. I bought mine (Dynamica) for $120 a pop

Bigrig
11th July 2011, 05:21 PM
hey blazza
I run a 15x10 with -44 offset and the only wobble I get is under breaking at slow speeds.. its just the tyres flexing BTW. I bought mine (Dynamica) for $120 a pop

Will have to organise a run with us lot ... would be bigger than Hitlers gas bill !!!!

Ben-e-boy
11th July 2011, 07:07 PM
Will have to organise a run with us lot ... would be bigger than Hitlers gas bill !!!!

hitlers gas bill was probably the equivilent of todays average household energy bill BIG lol

I return from fiji on the 25th july (wednesday) would love to go for a trip to beerburrum 28th or 29th july

Bungel
11th July 2011, 08:18 PM
Bumpety bump bump.

Still looking for all the same gear at present. Im not back in Perth until the 2nd of August, but would like to sort things out before then. Otherwise will be buying brand new when i get back.

Cheers for any help.

George.

Bigrig
11th July 2011, 08:22 PM
I have an alloy bullbar but not sure that suits what you're after ... if you're in Perth, it would cost to send it over, but if you want to pay that - it's yours ... there is a photo of it in the for sale section I think, but another below:

Bungel
11th July 2011, 09:47 PM
Cheers for the offer mate. It will probebly cost too a bit too much in courier fees.

Thanks anyways, hope it sells for a good amount.

easys4.2gq
18th July 2011, 04:57 PM
As above i'm chasing a GQ/GU 4.2/4.5/4.8 EFI Fuel Sender with pump

I'm in Melbourne Let me know what your have either by PM or 0405 094 245

Cheers Elliot

Silver
20th July 2011, 11:13 PM
Anyone got one of these lurking about? would also be interested in an aircleaner.

Asking on behalf of Bob and Doreen, who don't have a 'puter [would only mean something to the group that went to LCMP I guess]

Ta, Rici

maque
22nd July 2011, 02:40 PM
i have spare at the garage for the rear shocks for your truck. :) i will give it to you for a cheap price if youre still interested. thanks!

-2008 Nissan Patrol - truck shocks (http://www.stylintrucks.com/category/suspension/shocks.aspx)
-2007 Suburban 3LT
-2001 Pewter Z/28
-2000 NBM Camaro

Finly Owner
22nd July 2011, 08:39 PM
i have spare at the garage for the rear shocks for your truck. :) i will give it to you for a cheap price if youre still interested. thanks!
-2008 Nissan Patrol - truck shocks (http://www.stylintrucks.com/category/suspension/shocks.aspx)
-2007 Suburban 3LT
-2001 Pewter Z/28
-2000 NBM Camaro
I may be interested, where are you and how many$$$$$$

Tim

MC97GQ
26th July 2011, 06:00 AM
Hi All,

I'm looking for genuine jack for a GQ Patrol and if possible the Jack rod, and jack handle/wheel brace.

I was hoping someone might have a spare and would be willing to part with it for a nominal fee.

If anyone can help, they can PM me here.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Mark

Bigrig
26th July 2011, 07:49 AM
Hi All,

I'm looking for genuine jack for a GQ Patrol and if possible the Jack rod, and jack handle/wheel brace.

I was hoping someone might have a spare and would be willing to part with it for a nominal fee.

If anyone can help, they can PM me here.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Mark

Hey mate

I'm looking at buying an exhaust jack as mine is too high now for the standard jack anyway, so if you can wait a week or two, you can have mine for a beer or two!!

Cheers
Scotty

MQ MAD
26th July 2011, 09:53 AM
Make sure IF ya go new Tim
The seller knows what the hell they are is looking at
We had to get shocks for my old MQ wagon
Had a hard time trying to get them
Male bottom/female top

Everyone kept telling me there
Female top/female bottom

MC97GQ
26th July 2011, 05:49 PM
Scotty,

Done Deal,

Mate that would be great, PM Some payment details when you get a chance.

Thanks again

Mark

Bigrig
26th July 2011, 10:07 PM
Scotty,

Done Deal,

Mate that would be great, PM Some payment details when you get a chance.

Thanks again

Mark

Once I've got the other jack mate, you can have mine ... I was serious about the beer!! lmao

I'll PM you my address once I've got my new one, you organise a courier at your cost, and it's all yours mate. Not going to charge you for something I don't want that I'd get five bucks for on fleabay ...

Just remember that beer if I'm ever floating past!!!!

nowoolies
26th July 2011, 10:13 PM

thats gunna be a expensive jack ....roflmao

Bigrig
26th July 2011, 10:14 PM

thats gunna be a expensive jack ....roflmao

Shhhh .... you're ruining the surprise!!! lmfao