PDA

View Full Version : Why you should only buy a troll

growler2058
26th March 2011, 09:45 AM
Heres a Paj that didnt make it up the hardest hill climb at loveday! Look in the background and theres my ol Hilux being towed home after it swam a bit to deep in the mudbath. No one was injured in the making of this fun?

growler2058
26th March 2011, 10:18 AM
This is the hard hillclimb theres a bit of a nasty step right at the top

NissanGQ4.2
26th March 2011, 10:25 AM
so were all the beers in the 3rd pic consumed before or after the accident *L* imagine the insurance company receiving that pic for a insurance claim *LMAO*

growler2058
26th March 2011, 10:44 AM
Yeah a bit of both from what I could gather chattin to him. Amazin noone hurt he had a tool box flyin around in the back. Aparently lifted the front up tipped on the roof then rolled three times sideways down the hill,peeled a tyre off the rim. amazingly put the spare on and drove it back upto the tavern.

Bob
26th March 2011, 10:48 AM
I must be a bit queer as I cannot see any reason why you would pay big money to buy a 4WD and then destroy it on a Climb just to prove something.

Then again I am a whinging old bastard

growler2058
26th March 2011, 10:59 AM
I must be a bit queer as I cannot see any reason why you would pay big money to buy a 4WD and then destroy it on a Climb just to prove something.

I think he was surprised at how well his paj went off road and got a bit too confident and thought he was actually in a patrol!

the ferret
26th March 2011, 11:11 AM
Nasty things those toolboxes, as well as bottle jacks and wheel spanners, they don't care where they hit you!!

the ferret
26th March 2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah, and then he could leave the toolbox home!! heh heh.

the ferret
26th March 2011, 11:17 AM
Heres a Paj that didnt make it up the hardest hill climb at loveday! Look in the background and theres my ol Hilux being towed home after it swam a bit to deep in the mudbath. No one was injured in the making of this fun?

Ha ha, just goes ta show, Hiluxes and Pajeros just can't handle real 4 wheel driv'n..

blake_gq4.2
27th March 2011, 06:49 PM
oh dam that looked nasty, no doubt would have had a headache after that, poor bugger

nowoolies
27th March 2011, 08:14 PM

im in the same league Bob
why would one DESTROY one`s vehicle just to try to prove something dont make sence too me

growler2058
28th March 2011, 07:05 AM
why would one DESTROY one`s vehicle just to try to prove something dont make sence too me

Lets just say you could smell the bourbon in the car!!!!

big_fletch
28th March 2011, 05:44 PM
Hows that for abit of excitement lol...
Good to hear no-one was hurt mate

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 05:46 PM

Here here mate - I'm all for having a go, but common sense must prevail ...

growler2058
28th March 2011, 05:59 PM
Here here mate - I'm all for having a go, but common sense must prevail ...

I have seen the same hill climb tackled by a stock tj wrangler in low 1 no worries and all terrains..........

I believe pi22 was the contributing factor in failure in this particular case

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 06:48 PM
Yep - that usually affects where you point the vehicle, which in turn usually affects how you go!

big_fletch
28th March 2011, 06:53 PM
See that, if he had waited to get on the grog, he would have climbed it and been able to have celebartion drinks afterwards LOL

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 06:54 PM
See that, if he had waited to get on the grog, he would have climbed it and been able to have celebartion drinks afterwards LOL

A better plan of attack some would suggest!! LOL

wildgu6
29th March 2011, 08:26 PM
This is the hard hillclimb theres a bit of a nasty step right at the top

Hey buddy, the paj looks well wounded... is that the hills down to specs lake ?? I think theres 3 of them or 2, which 1 was it that did the damage.
Looks like the main track to specs ???

growler2058
30th March 2011, 05:15 AM
Hey buddy, the paj looks well wounded... is that the hills down to specs lake ?? I think theres 3 of them or 2, which 1 was it that did the damage.
Looks like the main track to specs ???

Yeah mate that's the specs hill climb if ur standing at the bottom lookin up it's on the lhs. I was last there in september for a buck show and noone gave it a go was real loose and the step at the top had grown

wildgu6
31st March 2011, 07:35 PM
Yeah mate that's the specs hill climb if ur standing at the bottom lookin up it's on the lhs. I was last there in september for a buck show and noone gave it a go was real loose and the step at the top had grown

Yer that is a nasty one, even on a good day.
Paj's have a short wheel base too which makes them pretty easy to loose their balance.
Pic of mates Paj in the teaser, and you know how tame that is, as you can see the Paj struggled. R/H side of Paj rear wheel same as front on left......LOL Was doing a balancing act.

growler2058
31st March 2011, 08:33 PM
Yer that is a nasty one, even on a good day.
Paj's have a short wheel base too which makes them pretty easy to loose their balance.
Pic of mates Paj in the teaser, and you know how tame that is, as you can see the Paj struggled. R/H side of Paj rear wheel same as front on left......LOL Was doing a balancing act.

HAH it almost looks cute............like a baby learnin to walk hahaha

wildgu6
31st March 2011, 08:50 PM
HAH it almost looks cute............like a baby learnin to walk hahaha

Yer mate it was a p***** to see, on his second attempt it was the rear wheel airborn, the poor bugger was rockin side to side, it took him 4 goes to get through the teaser.....ILMFAO, The Trol went straight through 3 times with ease and a Landcrab also got stuck.
GO the TROL.

growler2058
31st March 2011, 09:00 PM
Yer mate it was a p***** to see, on his second attempt it was the rear wheel airborn, the poor bugger was rockin side to side, it took him 4 goes to get through the teaser.....ILMFAO, The Trol went straight through 3 times with ease and a Landcrab also got stuck.
GO the TROL.

I got some vid of me mate stuffing it up in a crabber and the mighty troll sTROLLin through just trying to work out how to put bids up

wildgu6
31st March 2011, 09:13 PM
I got some vid of me mate stuffing it up in a crabber and the mighty troll sTROLLin through just trying to work out how to put bids up

easiest way is to upload it to youtube or photobucket or rapidshare, then upload the link to your post, Go advanced then click on little film clip icon
to insert your link.
Hope that helps ????

growler2058
1st April 2011, 05:39 AM
easiest way is to upload it to youtube or photobucket or rapidshare, then upload the link to your post, Go advanced then click on little film clip icon
to insert your link.
Hope that helps ????

Cheers mate i'll give that a crack over the weekend