PDA

View Full Version : Remotes

Stevelb21
25th June 2015, 08:01 PM
I've had the Patrol 3 days and the remote doesn't work, so of I go to Mister Minute to get the battery changed, they test the battery and its dead, so they install a new on and then test the remote on there little tester gizmo. hey pal your remote is stuffed I'll give it a clean and see how it goes, he cleaned it and tested it again mate its just knackered.
Ok... the damage on a new remote is $380, I said I don't want the 18ct gold one just the plain black plastic will do just fine......$380 that's just bullshit.

Does anyone know what Nissan charge and what is the procedure to program them

That's for any info...cause I'm not paying $380 for one

Ibbo
25th June 2015, 08:20 PM
Doesnt suprise me. I went to get a spare key cut for my old 2003 corolla thinking it is a $10 job. Nope, the key has an immobiliser in the head of it - $180 for one of those. I left without spare key.

Sent from my LG-D295 using Tapatalk

jay see
25th June 2015, 08:32 PM
Yep. Wife got quoted about the same nearly $400 for her 06 VE.

Bush Ranger
25th June 2015, 09:49 PM
I had a key cut through Precision Locks for $150, which they`d cut the key to factory spec and programed it in. I`m in the same boat as you with a bung remote and was quoted $250 for one and Nissan are roughly the same I was told. Try the link below, which will take you to them in Melbourne. It might help you and if not google them in your town or nearest major town.

http://www.precisionlocksmiths.com.au/

Stevelb21
25th June 2015, 09:56 PM
My old AU Falcon remote only cost me $90 and I thought that was expensive, I think I'll just have to reprogram my right hand to use the key to open the doors, cheaper than $380

Bush Ranger
25th June 2015, 10:41 PM
That`s all I`ve been doing for the past seven years. The Patrol has been the only vehicle I`ve had that has a remote to unlock doors and the key works just as good to unlock the doors.

Yendor
26th June 2015, 12:38 AM
I've had the Patrol 3 days and the remote doesn't work, so of I go to Mister Minute to get the battery changed, they test the battery and its dead, so they install a new on and then test the remote on there little tester gizmo. hey pal your remote is stuffed I'll give it a clean and see how it goes, he cleaned it and tested it again mate its just knackered.
Ok... the damage on a new remote is $380, I said I don't want the 18ct gold one just the plain black plastic will do just fine......$380 that's just bullshit.

Does anyone know what Nissan charge and what is the procedure to program them

That's for any info...cause I'm not paying $380 for one

What model Patrol do you own??.. MQ??

Robo
26th June 2015, 12:57 AM
ebay $142 geniune new

threedogs
26th June 2015, 08:25 AM
Cost me $130 from Nissan And they dialed it in for free.
Didnt last long and just use the key now , no biggie IMO

Stevelb21
26th June 2015, 07:35 PM
Yendor... What makes you think I own an MQ

Stevelb21
26th June 2015, 07:38 PM
Robo and Threedogs thats a marked improvement on $380 I was quoted, just might stick to the keys for the time being.