PDA

View Full Version : GQ RB30 extractors & R31 Skyline-VL commodore

dom14
25th June 2015, 06:13 PM
Hi guys,
I'm wondering whether R31 Sklyline or VL commodore extractors can be fitted to a GQ RB30.

I've attached a photo of old extractors, which I'm not sure from a GQ RB30 or a Skyline or commodore.
I would appreciate whether you guys drop an opinion of it's identity.
Does it look like from a GQ RB30?
If not, can it be modified by cutting the pipe and welding a flange, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Patrol'n
26th June 2015, 11:45 PM
Hey Dom,

They look a bit different to the headers on my RB30, hard to tell for sure from the pic though. Mine don't have a flange at the end like that set, mine are welded into the exhaust. Also, where the ones in the photo look to have the pipes for two and five as the pipes farthest from the engine, mine are the opposite way around, with two and five being closest to the engine if you get what i mean.

As for cross vehicle compatibility, I'm not an expert but IMO it would likely be more about checking the clearance near the base of the headers, gotta think they would bolt on to any N/A RB30 head.

dom14
27th June 2015, 05:49 PM
Hey Dom,

They look a bit different to the headers on my RB30, hard to tell for sure from the pic though. Mine don't have a flange at the end like that set, mine are welded into the exhaust. Also, where the ones in the photo look to have the pipes for two and five as the pipes farthest from the engine, mine are the opposite way around, with two and five being closest to the engine if you get what i mean.

As for cross vehicle compatibility, I'm not an expert but IMO it would likely be more about checking the clearance near the base of the headers, gotta think they would bolt on to any N/A RB30 head.

Thanx mate.
Yes, I understood what you meant.
I'm pretty sure these are RB30, it's that I'm uncertain whether they are from a Patrol or Skyline(or a commodore)
I found two possible inconsistencies that these headers can be for an RB30 Patrol.

1)No EGR hole(Stock Patrol RB30 has EGR, so the brand new headers come with the threaded hole to connect the EGR pipe)
2)Length of the pipe end looks bit longer than the RB30 Patrol brand new headers that I've seen.

I know, the manifold end of these headers will bolt onto an RB30.
I think RB30 Patrol headers and Skyline RB30 headers are completely different from the base onwards because of the clearance, height, etc are different between Patrol and Skyline(and commodore)

The brand new RB30 Patrol headers don't come with a flange, from what I've seen so far.
But, that doesn't bother me though. That can be cut and welded to suit my existing RB30 flange or the exhaust pipe.
If the diameter doesn't match, I would have to use a flange or converter piece anyway.