PDA

View Full Version : stereo microphone into dash fascia

nail"em
21st June 2015, 12:12 AM
Hi,,can someone tell me if i can mount the microphone from the new stereo into the grill that is on the dash fascia(just below the hazard light switch)
seems to be made for it but i was told it had something to do with the air con and cant be done, ive had a look and cant see a pipe connected to it

threedogs
21st June 2015, 08:00 AM
Mine is fitted down low on the centre console,
they are pretty good and dont really need to be "up high"

altech
21st June 2015, 09:43 AM
What, Where, How and Why is there a stereo microphone into dash . I'm lost at this point. is for singing some Rap tunes " Yo Yo me 4X4 ssss " LOL peace out Alex

Covo71
21st June 2015, 10:23 AM
59057hi mate, I have mine up the top but if you want to put in behind the dash couldn't you just glue on a small piece of angle and then stick the mic to that?

threedogs
21st June 2015, 10:50 AM
What, Where, How and Why is there a stereo microphone into dash . I'm lost at this point. is for singing some Rap tunes " Yo Yo me 4X4 ssss " LOL peace out Alex

Bluetooth my friend Bluetooth

altech
21st June 2015, 11:50 AM
Bluetooth my friend Bluetooth

Got it now , mine built in to stereo head and works fine for hands free phone call :-)

nail"em
22nd June 2015, 10:41 PM
thanks threedogs, i just bought the alpine apple car play, the original i thought was blown up, turned out to be the cardboard speakers, got a deal from jb hifi at the moment on the alpine and jl speakers, i have a blue ant hands free but will get rid of it and use the alpine with siri,,,i took it to an auto elec who said he would do it saturday, then he said saturday night, then sunday, then sunday night, had it booked in for the panel beater on monday morning, i went around sunday night and he wasnt there, just the patrol with the steroe and dash out and the mic put in up top pillar next to the blue ant mic, cant afford the same bullshit next weekend so will do it myself, i asked him about the the little/grill/vent under the hazard lamp switch and he reckons thats for air con, but i cant see a tube or anything that connects to it, not even sure yet if i need a mic for the alpine, but i got no idea if there is a pipe that is suppose to connect to that vent

nail"em
22nd June 2015, 10:51 PM
thanks covo71, trying to find out if there is a pipe or tube that connects to the little vent/grill in the centre fascia just under the hazard lamp switch on the 2004 patrol, left it with auto elec all weekend but got it back pulled apart and nothing installed, had it booked elsewhere monday morning so paid him for his effort and will do it myself next weekend, i have my blue ant mic where yours is on the pillar, my main concern is if there should be a tube or something connected to the grill from the air con, the mic and pulling the dash apart was all the auto elec had done, i asked him if the mic could go in that little grill/vent but he reckoned it was for the aircon, problem is i cant find anything that connects to it and dont want to put it all together and find out there is a pipe or tube or something suppose to go in there

nail"em
22nd June 2015, 10:52 PM
on the weekend i will take some photos of the grill and post them

nail"em
22nd June 2015, 10:56 PM
what sort of head unit?,,,is it the alpine apple car play?,,my main concern is if the grill/vent under the hazard light switch is suppose to have something like a tube or pipe connected to it, i have search with a torch but cant find anything but the auto elec reckons thats what its there for

Covo71
23rd June 2015, 07:46 PM
Is yours a GUIII or IV? GUIII is nothing behind. Only fake grill. Not sure about the GUIV. Sounds like he is lazy and doesn't want to do it.

nail"em
24th June 2015, 12:08 AM
is yours a guiii or iv? Guiii is nothing behind. Only fake grill. Not sure about the guiv. Sounds like he is lazy and doesn't want to do it.

gu4, september 2004, auto elec fixed horn in my festiva, said he would do stereo on saturday in patrol, went around sunday morning, not finished, said he would do it sunday, went sunday night, not finished, no phone call or nothing, went round monday morning and hes not there, went back monday arvo and paid him for the festiva work, charged me $165 to fix the horn contact, no new parts,,dont really want to take it back to him just in case i get stuffed around again, he pulled the dash fascia off and the original clarion 2 din stereo out and its still like that as im back at work, i asked him if the microphone can go in that vent but he said its for aircon, its gut a plastic moulding on the back of it that takes a 1/2 inch pipe but i cant see anything in there that would connect, last time i wired up a head unit was in the old hr van i had back in 1987, no drama i can do it, just got me buggered if he has pulled the pipe out or its not in there, i went back a couple of times but he hasnt been there, i rang nissan but gcouldnt get past thje reception girl who said she would ask a tech, i rang her back and she said "yeah" its there for the aircon, hate it when the woman that answers the phone wont let ya talk to the bloke out the back that knows what hes on about, thing is i got no idea why something from the aircon would need to connect to that tiny grill, and it looks a great spot for the microphone