PDA

View Full Version : airbag recall

ben 4.2td
16th June 2015, 06:33 AM
I was wondering if anyone has had their passenger air bag repaired under the recent recall, vin number: y61 AO346221- y61 AO396157. Do they have to remove the dash to get to the air bag. I was hoping they do as my dash resembles a teenagers pimple affected face, or as my mates put it, the braille dash. There is not a flat surface on it, the whole dash is cover in air bubbles, very tempted to put a pin in them all.

TPC
16th June 2015, 09:26 AM
I was wondering if anyone has had their passenger air bag repaired under the recent recall, vin number: y61 AO346221- y61 AO396157. Do they have to remove the dash to get to the air bag. I was hoping they do as my dash resembles a teenagers pimple affected face, or as my mates put it, the braille dash. There is not a flat surface on it, the whole dash is cover in air bubbles, very tempted to put a pin in them all.

What year is your Patrol?
There is a 6 year warranty on the bubbling dash.

threedogs
16th June 2015, 01:26 PM

Ben what year do you drive you could still be eligable for a new dash Grartis,
Or at least a dash and you pay labour

ben 4.2td
16th June 2015, 05:07 PM
In regards to recall of passenger air bag, I rang nissan and they are using a government web site to trace all owner down and sent letters in regard to the replacement of the air bag. I spoke to nissan also about my dash and that I had tried in the past to get it repaired but was refused as I was 3 month out of the warranty period, 12 / 2006 model. They said that I should speak to my local dealer again, so nissan litually fobbed me off. I said it was not my local dealer but Nissan who refused to repair dash. They said to speak to dealer and lodge another claim for repair. It is no fault of myself that the dash is damaged but Nissan's poor workmanship.

Stropp
17th June 2015, 12:28 AM
In regards to recall of passenger air bag, I rang nissan and they are using a government web site to trace all owner down and sent letters in regard to the replacement of the air bag. I spoke to nissan also about my dash and that I had tried in the past to get it repaired but was refused as I was 3 month out of the warranty period, 12 / 2006 model. They said that I should speak to my local dealer again, so nissan litually fobbed me off. I said it was not my local dealer but Nissan who refused to repair dash. They said to speak to dealer and lodge another claim for repair. It is no fault of myself that the dash is damaged but Nissan's poor workmanship.

Have another go mate, I got mine well outside the warranty. If you get your dealer in to bat for you that seems to help.

Rock Trol
17th June 2015, 01:51 AM

Is this the definitive range of VIN numbers or is it likely to grow? My VIN is just outside this range of numbers.

BigRAWesty
8th January 2016, 08:38 PM
My 08 passed with no recall..
Yet