PDA

View Full Version : Glow plug adapter for compression tester

Burto
15th June 2015, 07:54 PM
Good evening all
Have compression gauge with snap on fitting, looking for the adapter for compression test on ZD30 through the glow plug hole.
Having no luck here abouts, local repco guy chasing one today, still waiting.
Does anyone know where you can get one of these ??

Thanks in anticipation
Burto

Rumcajs
15th June 2015, 09:19 PM
I'm currently chasing a Snap On dealer for one too. The thread size is M10x1.25 btw. In the catalog (Snap On) they've got an adapter to fit the thread but it seems too short (the glow plug is about 21 cm) it is only 4.9 cm and I'm not sure if the quick coupling on the gauge fits in the glow plug hole/housing cavity.

Sorry I can't help you out more, let us know if you have any luck getting the adapter.

Cheers

mudski
15th June 2015, 09:25 PM
Yeah the length will be an issue i think. Something i should have done today while i had the rocker cover off changing the squirters and glow plugs.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Burto
15th June 2015, 11:11 PM
Thanks, thats the problem, my longest adapter has the hex hitting the head before the thread is engaged, the adapter needs to have a fair length of travel before the hex hits the head say around 120mm, thought I was safe with this kit as its longest adapter was 135mm but that is only the overall length.
Will keep you posted if I have any success
Burto

Rumcajs
16th June 2015, 06:19 PM
I did a bit of digging and it turned out to be a fruitful one. I reckon this one should fit. I also played with old glow plug today and drilled the internals out so all I need now is to weld quick coupling adapter to it.

You can get proper adapter from Autotools ==> M10x1.25 glow plug compression tester adapter (http://www.autotools.com.au/catalogue/product.php/1/AT8102-07). Its an Australian company based at Hallam in Victoria.

B/R

Shaun blank
19th June 2015, 03:44 PM
I got one recently from burson auto parts, i think is was in the toledo tools cataloge, it was shorter than the glow plug but did still fit, looks like the one in previous post