PDA

View Full Version : GU Patrol Second Glove Box / GLOW PROBLEM SOLVED !

SKYLAB
15th June 2015, 07:50 PM
Good evening all
I'm very happy to report that the glow problem has been solved , and cheaply too !
The Problem : Trol runs on BIO , and needs glowing when coolant temp sensor reads between 50 and 70 Deg C, usually after the average service call ; about 30-45 mins. It just wants to crank over and not start !
The Solution : Install a push button switch that grounds the light green/black trace wire which can be found behind the kick plate next to the drivers side right foot. This enables a 5 second (or so) manual glow, and off she goes !
Cost : $30 (that's $10 for the w/shop manual online, and $20 in parts, and took about 30 mins to install)
The wire to tap into can be easily seen in the loom that runs into the cab from the engine bay,though ya might have ta take off a bit of tape from the loom to get to it.

My next queerie is, do they make a second glove box for a 2003 GU patrol ?
I'm thinkin' that's where the air bag goes in later models. (Mine usually sits in the passenger seat !)
Has anyone been able to source one ?
I'm in Perth WA
Regards and thanks in advance,
Pedro

Clunk
15th June 2015, 07:59 PM
good work mate.

here's a thread that Mudski did with his glove box conversion, there's a couple of other guys who have also done it but this thread was the first I found.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?20566-GU-Second-glove-box-mod-DIY!!!&highlight=glove

SKYLAB
15th June 2015, 08:34 PM
Like WOW !
Attention to detail is everything !
Looks like the beer fridge will be getting a rape and pillage often in the coming week or so !