PDA

View Full Version : GQ TB 42E Starting Problem.

jajcherry
14th June 2015, 12:36 PM
Motor turning over,firing but not starting.
Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. thankyou

Bloodyaussie
14th June 2015, 12:59 PM
Start with the basics mate..... is it getting fuel..... is there spark??

jajcherry
14th June 2015, 01:16 PM
thanks for your reply Bloodyaussie
I have check every basic electrical and fuel problem I have also check the OBD no issues found

Irish
14th June 2015, 02:35 PM
Do you have an immobiliser fitted?

Rudi29
14th June 2015, 02:52 PM
When the ignition is turned ON is the NATS light on the dashboard staying on.

jajcherry
15th June 2015, 12:06 AM
Thanks you everyone for your reply ,
One of my hobbies since I was young was electronic so I have most of the testing equipment needed , I was just hoping that some one had had this issue prior .
I have not had a chance to have a real good look just checked the basics like
ignition ,fuel pump and fuel flow ,wiring under the dash ,fuses, regulators and all the electrical connections under the bonnet .It seamed to me it was either to do with the injectors or the engine sensors .
This afternoon I need to get some things out my car while I was there I thought I would try to start it like I have done so many times this week , anyway I managed to get it to start it ran for a little while .while running I thought I would wiggle the wiring harness cluster next to the thermostat housing and the motor stalled and would not start , when I pulled the insulation off of the wiring loom I found some of the factory wiring joins had corroded and broke
My Patrol(Big red 2 ) is Fixed

Irish
15th June 2015, 11:28 AM
Nice, easy fix.

Good looking rig mate.

Rudi29
28th June 2015, 06:55 PM
I had the same problem with my '96 4.2TD. the NATS system would work intermittently and not let me start it, check when you turn the key 'ON' if the red dash NATS light is stillon then it aint gonna start, I eventually got it to start and got it home, took it to Nissan last week, they said NATS cant be bypassed and that it was the RFID coil/wiring in the keyswitch,#$512-00, also a new key transponder #$164-00, had to wait for parts and 3 days later a call to say Nah its not the RFID its the module in the Fuel Pump, now get this #$3,500-00 to replace it, supposedly the whiole fuel pump has to be replaced = My rep[aonce = B%!!$hit/ Rang another Nissan yard and was told YES you can bypass the NATS system. funny enough by a Nissan person.
Diesel Australia at Springwood do a few every month for a piddly #$600-00, guess where its going next.
Rule 1. Always question the price quoted
Rule 2. Ring Around, someone might know something better
Rule 3. Genuine is not always better.

timbar
29th June 2015, 01:03 AM
nice bus mate