PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank issue

Sprock
13th June 2015, 06:58 PM
Hi all , Sprock here , new to site but has been very informative & excellent detailed descriptions for solving problems , my 2002 GU patrol wagon intermittently has engine light come on with varying levels of power loss , have checked & cleaned MAF sensor , earth straps , replaced 4 fuel filters - bought vehicle 3 months ago & it had been sitting in a garage for 18 mths so thought it may have had 'diesel jelly' in the tank , 1st filter was messy inside but last couple have been fine . I took the inspection plate off the floor in the wagon & removed the section on the tank with pick ups / gauge etc , noticed the 'bowl' that should be spot welded in the bottom is floating around as much as the spring loaded pickup will allow , has anyone else had this happen ? Whenever it plays up - if I fuel
It up the light goes out & its back to full power . I thought this bowl thing floating around might've been blocking the pickup but I see it doesn't pickup from the bottom but above the bottom disc thing. Sorry for the long winded post but I tried to be as detailed as I can.

Sprock
13th June 2015, 07:01 PM
58878 that bowl on the right of the pic should be spot welded where the 6 spots are just to the left of it ....

Sprock
13th June 2015, 07:05 PM
We put the scan tool on & it showed P7 code - fuel injection feed back . Local fuel injection diesel crowd wanted to put a pump on it but as you know at $3000 plus fitting I want to be damn sure that's the problem . I'm told there's a few different factors can throw the P7 code - not just the pump itself ?

threedogs
13th June 2015, 07:06 PM
Try replacing your ECM under the dash, top left I think
but someone will correct me Im sure lol
swap it with the aircon one to test,
Read big-fletch's thread on the ECM

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1428-GU-3ltr-owners-ECM-relay-issues

Sprock
13th June 2015, 07:45 PM
Rito thanks I'll check that , sounds like different symptoms to mine but I'll replace it anyway - you never know -& it's a damn sight cheaper than a fuel pump .