PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank issue

Sprock
13th June 2015, 06:49 PM
Hi all , Sprock here , new to site but has been very informative & excellent detailed descriptions for solving problems , my 2002 GU patrol wagon intermittently has engine light come on with varying levels of power loss , have checked & cleaned MAF sensor , earth straps , replaced 4 fuel filters - bought vehicle 3 months ago & it had been sitting in a garage for 18 mths so thought it may have had 'diesel jelly' in the tank , 1st filter was messy inside but last couple have been fine . I took the inspection plate off the floor in the wagon & removed the section on the tank with pick ups / gauge etc , noticed the 'bowl' that should be spot welded in the bottom is floating around as much as the spring loaded pickup will allow , has anyone else had this happen ? Whenever it plays up - if I fuel
It up the light goes out & its back to full power . I thought this bowl thing floating around might've been blocking the pickup but I see it doesn't pickup from the bottom but above the bottom disc thing. Sorry for the long winded post but I tried to be as detailed as I can.

4bye4
13th June 2015, 07:30 PM
G'day mate. Welcome to the forum. If you haven't done an introduction yet, it would be great if you nipped over to intros before asking for assistance. The bowl thing floating - I'm sure I've seen that on the forum before - just a few weeks ago. Someone should be able to help.

Sprock
14th June 2015, 09:18 PM
Ok I'll do that now no dramas , sorry I'd been trying to comment on a few other people's posts but couldn't figure out how to register - I'm doing this on the iPhone & it's not my thing really so I got a bit excited once I got on here .