PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Patrol ST - Stereo Replacement

yummo
13th June 2015, 12:40 PM
Hi guys.. new on here and still finding my way around, so be kind if I've posted in the wrong area.

I've just purchased a 2009 Patrol ST, and the first thing I want to do is get rid of the stock stereo.

I have the new system to go in, but before I get started, can anyone tell me whether I need a Nissan antenna adapter?

Bigcol
13th June 2015, 02:20 PM
not known on a 2009, mine is a 1999 and I didnt need one

Hodge
13th June 2015, 03:01 PM
Hey mate. Mine is a 2009 and yes needed an adapter.

Hodge
13th June 2015, 03:29 PM
Just found a photo of when I was doing my stereo. This photo confirms it I believe.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58869&stc=1

yummo
13th June 2015, 03:52 PM
Thanks mate. I suspected I was going to need it.

threedogs
13th June 2015, 03:58 PM
Are you fitting a double din with camera ,or have you already have a reverse camera ?

the evil twin
13th June 2015, 04:50 PM
Hi guys.. new on here and still finding my way around, so be kind if I've posted in the wrong area.

I've just purchased a 2009 Patrol ST, and the first thing I want to do is get rid of the stock stereo.

I have the new system to go in, but before I get started, can anyone tell me whether I need a Nissan antenna adapter?

Simple answer is Yes.

Aerpro make an adapter for the Nissan Diversity antenna plug, costs about $15 from Ebay, Supercrap or any Sound place like Alberts etc

Other options are cut off the Nissan plug and solder a standard one on (def not recommended)
Or
Chase the antenna lead back thru the Pax footwell to where the mast antenna connects in to the feed from the rear cargo window antenna and fit an extension lead from the mast feeder with the standard RF plug (why bother when $15 and 10 seconds with the Aerpro adapter will solve the problem at the head unit)

yummo
14th June 2015, 02:58 PM
Hodge.Removed the fascia and pulled the existing unit out today. That's exactly what I have.

yummo
14th June 2015, 03:03 PM
Hopefully this works.. Here are some images

yummo
14th June 2015, 03:06 PM
Will head out and grab an aerpro adapter tomorrow. Thanks to the evil twin.

yummo
14th June 2015, 03:07 PM
Threedogs.. Yes, I intend to install a double din system with a new reversing camera. Will get all the bits through the week, and install next weekend.

yummo
14th June 2015, 05:46 PM
Will head out and grab an aerpro adapter tomorrow. Thanks to the evil twin.

Does anyone know precicely what I would need from aerpro, there website doesn't list the Nissan Patrol 2009 model?

I thought this may work - http://aerpro.com/ap7550 , but then I noted it only has two plugs, whereas three came out of the original unit (four including the antenna).