PDA

View Full Version : oil change on the auto

altech
8th June 2015, 12:32 PM
Hi guys, doing the filter change over on the Auto box , my ? is to make sure all the old oil is out , Do you give the motor a quick start, then off to pump what's left in tranie Or just let it drain on it's own regards Alex

altech
8th June 2015, 03:28 PM
Hi Guys, changing out filter today and after buying D matic from Nissan and asked them at the time how many litres do I need ,"he said 4.5 litres , So 5 litres should cover it. hmmmmm now I look at the Haynes manual and it says 12 litres . which is right !!!!!!!! regards Alex

kevin07
8th June 2015, 03:40 PM
alex the pan holds about 4.2 litres if you have a air comp, you could get another 4 litres out and and put 8 in but if you only get the pan contents out just empty the pan again in 5000klm and then do again. after that just empty the pan every 10 000 ks and your oil will always be good. only other safe way is to take and get pumped out.

altech
8th June 2015, 05:33 PM
alex the pan holds about 4.2 litres if you have a air comp, you could get another 4 litres out and and put 8 in but if you only get the pan contents out just empty the pan again in 5000klm and then do again. after that just empty the pan every 10 000 ks and your oil will always be good. only other safe way is to take and get pumped out.

Thanks for that Kev , I would of got 7 more litres tomorrow and over filled it cheers Alex p.s. when I put the old oil back in the container it was around 5 litres hmmm lucky :smiley_thumbs_up:

kevin07
8th June 2015, 11:04 PM
yep measure what you take out and put back same