PDA

View Full Version : All I did was replace the air filter,now it wont idle on gas (TB42E)

no eye deer
7th June 2015, 09:06 AM
Bloody gas systems! HaHa! Nah- it runs great on throttle, but just wont idle on gas. Petrols fine. Its a new (1000km) gas mixer and was fitted properly. Any thoughts? Its a Ryco filter, and the old one wasnt that dirty.

Mark

threedogs
7th June 2015, 10:00 AM
try turning it on to fuel then back to gas , do this at speed to.
See it that makes a difference

no eye deer
7th June 2015, 10:16 AM
Yeah- did that. Changes over no problem. Drives like normal on gas. Just stalls every time, at low/no speed. Gunna go out and look at it again today. Maybe a "something" has split.

no eye deer
7th June 2015, 10:45 AM
Thats weird- I put the old air filter back in, and it runs like normal. Put the new one in, and it stalls and misses etc. Its the correct (A360) filter, but the old one has a metal edge , whereas the Ryco doesnt. Thats the only difference. Ya reckon a new air filter would have changed the "mixture" ? It doesnt look that old, you can still see daylight through it, when you hold it up to the light.

threedogs
7th June 2015, 12:26 PM
very weird IMO Ive travelled over 400K on a dual fuel 4x4 never had that problem.
Must be sucking air from some where I think to throw out the idle mixture that much
Always clean any filter from the inside out, Might be worth buying washable filters like
K&N, I run them now and love them

no eye deer
7th June 2015, 12:43 PM
Yaeh- might do. I just had it tuned a few weeks ago,so thats annoying! I'll put the old air filter back in, I reckon, then go back to the tuner-see what he reckons. I've checked it all over-no air leaks. Bugger!

Covo71
7th June 2015, 09:28 PM
I was using genuine filters then used a Ryco and kept throwing it in to limp. I think they are too restrictive. Changed over to K&N and it is good as gold. I will never use Ryco again.

no eye deer
8th June 2015, 07:22 AM
I have thought about K&N, but theres just to many people saying the oil destroys MAFs. Just not prepared to take the chance. They must be good, or they wouldnt sell so many but. Have seen a ZD30 GU with that problem, after fitting one. Ages ago, so cant remember much about it, was just told thats what did it. As for Ryco air filters, I thought they were pretty good. It defs flows more air than the Korean one in me Q. The Korean one is a lot more solidly made too. Beats me!

threedogs
8th June 2015, 08:37 AM
The trick with the K&N filter is to let it breathe for a while to allow the fumes to disappear.
Plenty here run them without any dramas

ozjeff
9th June 2015, 08:29 AM
I was using genuine filters then used a Ryco and kept throwing it in to limp. I think they are too restrictive. Changed over to K&N and it is good as gold. I will never use Ryco again.

Yeah I've also heard problmes with the Ryco filters - just not the right fit and to much air from memory, so try getting another geniune Nissan one.

no eye deer
10th June 2015, 07:38 AM
I think that might be the go.I'll check it out today.