PDA

View Full Version : GQ TD42 not going into gear smoothly

cass_cass94
4th June 2015, 07:17 PM
Hi Guys.

I got the clutch in my 1990 GQ TD42 replaced about a week ago as the thrust bearing went, and now after its been replaced its quite hard to get it into gear. Also the friction point is really close to the floor. The getting into gear is especially difficult when im stopped and trying to go into first gear it doesnt want to go at all and when it does go in it isnt smooth its notchy, the same thing happens when down gearing when im slowing down. Going up through the gears isnt too bad but still isnt as smooth as it used to be.

Is it possible to adjust where the clutch friction point is somehow, and could this help the going into gear issue or are there any other ways i can fix it.

Cheers

nissannewby
4th June 2015, 07:38 PM
Hi Guys.

I got the clutch in my 1990 GQ TD42 replaced about a week ago as the thrust bearing went, and now after its been replaced its quite hard to get it into gear. Also the friction point is really close to the floor. The getting into gear is especially difficult when im stopped and trying to go into first gear it doesnt want to go at all and when it does go in it isnt smooth its notchy, the same thing happens when down gearing when im slowing down. Going up through the gears isnt too bad but still isnt as smooth as it used to be.

Is it possible to adjust where the clutch friction point is somehow, and could this help the going into gear issue or are there any other ways i can fix it.

Cheers

Check the adjustment on the pushrod. There is a spec for it.

Robo
28th June 2015, 10:22 AM
Check/Replace the slave cyl.
I had this problem also when clutch was replaced, worn slave couldn't cut it.
Something like $40 new.

awloelxf
2nd July 2015, 02:58 AM
Slave cyl, clutch fork or air.