PDA

View Full Version : Morning guys

Battle
3rd June 2015, 09:22 AM
Morning everyone,
Iam a newbie to this forum so be gentle on me...... I have a 2008 Y61 turbo deisel that's been great since about 2 weeks ago where it started to leak steering oil . I took it to the guy that does my regular service on it and he said one of the hoses was leaking so he replaced it.A couple of days later I tried to park it and heard noises so decided to take it to a steering expert.....2 days later they rang to say it's fixed and they had to replace more hoses.But they said I got a deisel leak and sent me to a deisel service guy left it there on Friday as I noticed the leak getting worse.
Monday came got a phone call fuel pump leaking needs to be pulled out and repaired, Weds came another phone call problems taking pump out one bolt won't come out so have to attack from different angle "oh by the way you radiator is leaking so u need new one" went there on Friday as I was hoping to drive to Griffith for weekend but poor car was still having " open heart surgery" and he showed me what was happening.
He showed me what the steering guys did which is what iam leading to ....now the steering guys had replaced the hose going to the cooling system for the steering they have bypass it all together unplug the hoses going there with just one hose to complete the loop ....this seems wrong ?? Any thoughts..thanks

MEGOMONSTER
3rd June 2015, 09:34 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

4bye4
3rd June 2015, 11:50 AM
He showed me what the steering guys did which is what iam leading to ....now the steering guys had replaced the hose going to the cooling system for the steering they have bypass it all together unplug the hoses going there with just one hose to complete the loop ....this seems wrong ?? Any thoughts..thanks

G'day and welcome to the forum mate.. You might have to post some pics of the steering hose for peeps to look at and try and compare to their own hose routing.

threedogs
3rd June 2015, 11:55 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, post your question
in the mechanical section you'll get a better response

growler2058
3rd June 2015, 07:28 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

Dhuck
3rd June 2015, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Sherro
7th June 2015, 08:45 PM