PDA

View Full Version : The Rusty Lemon

Rusty Lemon
29th May 2015, 02:37 PM
Hi all,
Bought a 2008 Nissan Patrol GU DX in 2011 and have had nothing but grief from it. Went to do the Old Telegraph Track in QLD and the lemon died on us. Had to have the thing put on a road train back down to Cains and wave good bye to the others. Then it developed an issue where once it hit 100km it lost power for 10 secs. Have tried to have it fixed twice but the problem just keeps getting worse. Before it was only happening occasionally, now it is every time you get to 90-100km, the power dissappears and then fluctuates. With my foot to the floor I was doing 85km on the freeway the other week. Now the lemon is banished to the garage to grow rust cos I'm so sick of its issues I dont want to even look at it.
My partner wont let me sell the blasted thing and I want to go camping and 4x4ing damnit, but I cant in the Lemon.
So I'm desperate. Has anyone seen this issue before? Do you know of anyone that might have? Do you know a freaking amazing auto guy that will be able to fix it. Any help appreciated guys.

Bloodyaussie
29th May 2015, 02:37 PM
Welcome aboard mate................

threedogs
29th May 2015, 03:14 PM
Hello mate and welcome to the forum, jump in and enjoy.

Hodge
29th May 2015, 03:25 PM
Hi Rusty. Welcome to the forum.
What you're experiencing maybe is limp mode from the sounds of things. Limp mode is triggered by a number of factors, but the most influential one is overboosting. Extremely common on the ZD30. When you say you lose power for 10 seconds, it is more likely to be that you've taken your foot off the pedal and then reapplied it, which resets the limp mode and you gain all the power back.

Search for lump mode on this forum and have a read through some of the threads.

MEGOMONSTER
29th May 2015, 06:37 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Clunk
29th May 2015, 06:40 PM
G'day mate, welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about the issues but hopefully one of the ZD30 owners can steer you in the right direction.

AB
29th May 2015, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, sorry to hear about your troubles!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
29th May 2015, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

4bye4
29th May 2015, 09:53 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.

pedals
31st May 2015, 10:33 AM
Welcome, this forum will sort you out mate, best Patrol nerds I've ever had the pleasure of being associated with.

Paint it yellow.

Sherro
31st May 2015, 02:42 PM
G'day mate welcome to the forum hope you get it sorted.

Bigcol
1st June 2015, 07:58 PM
welcome to the forum mate,

rust is something ALL cars get when not looked after........... one of the joys........

I dont have a 3.0L, but as said already, it could be going into "limp" mode

go to Supercheap and buy some MAF cleaner, and take your MAF sensor out and spray the living %^^%$# out of it - you would be amazed

there is a few threads about it (MAF = Mass Air Flow)
also look at the NADS - as that will give you some more options to look at and repair

they are a great beastie, sometimes we have to spend a heck of a lot of time tracing poor & shoddy work from previous owners to get them running right
hang in there, it will be worth the effort