PDA

View Full Version : TD42T high side A/C hose from compressor

jff45
28th May 2015, 12:22 PM
Hoping someone can help here. Google shows nothing.
I need some good pics of this A/C hose to see where it fits on the condenser, how it clears the TD alternator vacuum pump and attaches to the compressor.
I'm assuming the TB45 compressor is the same so I'm hoping I just need to buy the TD hose for my conversion.

Thanks!

nissannewby
28th May 2015, 12:39 PM
Does the t motor your looking at have an engine driven vac? The later factory t motors have it on the timing cover so nothing on the alternator.

I have a compressor with hoses in the shed that may be of value to you.

Bloodyaussie
28th May 2015, 12:40 PM
Mate i might have a pic at home but the hose you need is a little different but you can get an adapter made up as it bends straight away from the compressor to clear the alternator and as the was a dealer only option on the early td42's there were about 4 different types.

With the td42t i have not seen the hose but it would have to be simular?

jff45
28th May 2015, 12:49 PM
Does the t motor your looking at have an engine driven vac? The later factory t motors have it on the timing cover so nothing on the alternator.

I have a compressor with hoses in the shed that may be of value to you.

No, the vacuum is on the alternator. Pretty sure you can see the banjo in one of the pics I initially posted.

I'm hoping to reuse the TB compressor. My motor only has 135k kms on it.
I wanted to see if the connection to the condenser is the same.

Would you sell the high side hose if it fits?

nissannewby
28th May 2015, 01:36 PM
No, the vacuum is on the alternator. Pretty sure you can see the banjo in one of the pics I initially posted.

I'm hoping to reuse the TB compressor. My motor only has 135k kms on it.
I wanted to see if the connection to the condenser is the same.

Would you sell the high side hose if it fits?

Hard to see on my phone but i can see what you are talking about. The condenser should be the same but like ba i can also check this.

The line you can have if it works.