PDA

View Full Version : Nissan resolved

old steve
27th May 2015, 05:56 PM
Ferntree Gully Nissan
I would like to express a big thank you to Chris and the team at Ferntree Gully Nissan with the way the resolved the issue I was having, which in no way was a fault of their own, but an issue with Nissan Australia, the problem has been resolved to my satisfaction and I am extremely grateful for the help the service team has given , once again they have gone out of their way to provide excellent customer support , I have no hesitations in recommending them to others and I will be continuing to support them in the future
However Nissan Australia still needs to learn some corporate manners , and would be well reminded that without customers , they wouldn’t exist

growler2058
27th May 2015, 07:11 PM
Good news mate, cheers

old steve
27th May 2015, 07:18 PM

growler2058
27th May 2015, 07:19 PM

One worth fighting by the sound

Maxhead
27th May 2015, 07:32 PM
It's a shame you copped it from a couple here and especially on P4x4. Personally I didn't see anything wrong with what you posted but each to their own.
Anyway well done on a good outcome

Bacho86
27th May 2015, 07:52 PM
Good to hear you got it all resolved, I've had a couple good dealings with FTG Nissan previously so was a bit surprised when I originally read your comments about them, But good outcome in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clunk
27th May 2015, 07:59 PM
Great result, good on ya mate

growler2058
27th May 2015, 08:09 PM
It's a shame you copped it from a couple here and especially on P4x4. Personally I didn't see anything wrong with what you posted but each to their own.
Anyway well done on a good outcome

P4x4 in a nutshell ay

Maxhead
27th May 2015, 08:11 PM
P4x4 in a nutshell ay

Sure is mate, it's a shame.

gregs
27th May 2015, 08:27 PM
Good to see you got it all sorted out Steve. Sometimes it is worth fighting the battle to win the war, yes we take some losses but ultimately if the outcome is what we want then that is what counts.

old steve
27th May 2015, 09:00 PM
Iam being flogged to death on niss 4x4 , absolutely amazed and shocked , thought we were all about helping each other , ps thanks for the support

Clunk
27th May 2015, 09:03 PM
Iam being flogged to death on niss 4x4 , absolutely amazed and shocked , thought we were all about helping each other , ps thanks for the support
Same shit different day on there mate

growler2058
27th May 2015, 09:04 PM

HAhahahhahaha Thatd be Patrol4x4? that's how they roll.

Maxhead
27th May 2015, 09:13 PM
HAhahahhahaha Thatd be Patrol4x4? that's how they roll.

Then we have a few dribblers from some BIG 4x4 forums on here as well :)

Dhuck
27th May 2015, 09:56 PM
Great news.

For those that don't know how to use a forum. From his intro after less than a minute looking

How'dy all , just traded out a pretty modded D40 to a new Y61 patrol , 2013 white ST auto with colour winch bar , snorkel and tow bar , to start , done quite a bit of 4 wheeling and been active on the Navara forum , just thought i would say hello , and looking forward to the tips n tricks , and the be wary of's ,

Was that so bloody hard.

mudski
27th May 2015, 10:00 PM
Its only one member who's giving you a bit of curry. You bit back. What do you expect to happen?
I can see your pain, but i can also see why people were having a crack. Like whats been said, your on a forum dedicated to Patrols and you want people to boycott. Ain't gonna happen. You probably should have left that bit out of your post...
Its great to see things worked out in the end for you though.

Maxhead
27th May 2015, 10:07 PM
Its only one member who's giving you a bit of curry.

One member who is on here and on P4x4 (and who's a mod on some BIG 4x4 forum)and about 30 other dickheads there who are having a go for no reason Mark..

mudski
27th May 2015, 10:17 PM
One member who is on here and on P4x4 (and who's a mod on a BIG 4x4 forum)and about 30 other dickheads there who are having a go for no reason Mark..
Unless theres more than one thread i only saw one on p4x4. A few others made a comment, whether you'd call that having a go... i can see why the op posted up, but i can also see why other members bit. Ill just get my popcorn out.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i23/optimus_photo/MichaelJacksonPopcorn.gif (http://s68.photobucket.com/user/optimus_photo/media/MichaelJacksonPopcorn.gif.html)

old steve
27th May 2015, 10:48 PM
Thanks all , look iam over it , I had a win , so all is good , and lesson learned , I wont be bothered going back to the other forum , I joined that the same time as this , and initially had them confused , all good ill be a little more mindful in the future , but as stated on the other one , it was a one post for all , they seemed to take offence to it , and once one started on me the rest chimed in like a wolf pack , pretty sad really considering that iam sure people there have had similar issues , ps I don't recommend this course of action unless you want to be ostracized

Rocket55
27th May 2015, 11:34 PM
What's your problem Nisshead?

Yes, I posted here in the original thread with a reasonable crack at Old Steve. I then realised that it was in fact on the wrong forum, and his post wasn't his 1st post here (which it was on the other forum). I edited out the post and then apologised for it.

Yes I was then critical but not abusive or derogatory of his naming and shaming and the potential impact it can have for the forum.

Yes I asked (wasn't abusive or was derogatory) what the whole issue was about considering it was quite a critical and pointed OP by Old Steve with a number of serious accusations and comments. We still don't know the answer to this.

Yes I did ask what vehicle it related to. It was only Nissan mentioned in the OP. You said it was in his profile. I couldn't see it in his profile. I mentioned how I was looking for it. Maybe I was doing something wrong. I don't know, still don't. I could have search Old Steves posts, but was looking for it in his profile as this is where you said it was. No need for you (and another) to be a smart arse about that.

Yes on another forum and not on here I mentioned I was a mod elsewhere and discussed the general name and shame policy of forums and how on some the post would have been removed immediately as a result. Wasn't abusive or derogatory. You've successfully taken it out of context and plastered it over here. For what reason, trolling? I didn't mention it over here.

Do I agree with the way Old Steve went about it? No. He was very critical of the people and companies he mentioned and solicited all members to support a boycott, without providing the slightest bit of detail or background to put his claims into perspective.

Am I happy he got a good outcome with Nissan? Yes. Did I say this? Yes.

Did I suggest that this thread could be seen as a public apology? Yes I did, and as Old Steve said on the other forum. Nissan didn't appreciate the posts and wanted him to post something positive. It was part of the deal. So in this case, seems I was mostly right.

Am I dissapointed Old Steve can't or won't tell us what it was all about? Yes. After all, isn't this what these forums are for, so we can all be better informed and try and avoid sticky situations.

Up to you what you want to do?

mudski
27th May 2015, 11:34 PM
ps I don't recommend this course of action unless you want to be ostracized

Amen to that brother....

Maxhead
28th May 2015, 07:05 AM
What's your problem Nisshead?

Simply, you and your P4x4 or your other big 4x4 forum mentality to have a go at someone as soon as they post. If you haven't realised this forum is a little different to others in that respect.
You had a go without any facts or any reason and later realising you were on the wrong forum. This, in fact made me go and have a look at P4x4 where you and 30 others hammered old Steve! (This is the reason I haven't been on there for years)

This is simply why I was critical of you, as there was no reason to just jump down old Steves throat, maybe a different approach like bigcols would suffice.

..and for those who haven't seen this post straight afete old Steve posted

Well that's probably 100,000 people (assuming they are all active members, thought reality is probably 1-2% are actually active) that are saying who's this clown posting this rant as their first post.

Around here we introduce ourselves first, it's only common curtesy.

Have you read the forum rules around naming and shaming? don't be surprised if this thread is removed pretty quick.

AB
28th May 2015, 08:10 AM
OK, thread will be closed now, kudos to FTG Nissan....

old steve
28th May 2015, 08:10 AM
The last thing I intended or wanted was for people to fight or argue , I will post as much of the story as I can tonight to try clear things up , I haven't time this morning