PDA

View Full Version : For Rossco DXGRUNT

growler2058
23rd March 2011, 07:12 PM
Mate just 1 photo for now but should get a nice line up of DX grunts for ya in the next cupla days all ex telstras and current

Mate couldnt get em all lined up at the same time, but you can show these shots to your old girl if she starts feelin lonely

Maxhead
23rd March 2011, 07:22 PM
Oh no no more DX Grunts please....lol (sorry Rossco)

AB
23rd March 2011, 08:04 PM
We can only handle one at a time peoples....overload...lol

Rossco must be dribbling all over his keyboard right now!

growler2058
23rd March 2011, 08:09 PM
We can only handle one at a time peoples....overload...lol

Rossco must be dribbling all over his keyboard right now!

Better than dribblin all over those shorts he posted hahahahahahhahahahaha

Maxhead
23rd March 2011, 08:11 PM
Better than dribblin all over those shorts he posted hahahahahahhahahahaha

Obviously you haven seen his dress yet....LOLOLOL

DX grunt
23rd March 2011, 08:14 PM
Mate just 1 photo for now but should get a nice line up of DX grunts for ya in the next cupla days all ex telstras and current

I'm speechless!!!! You my friend, in my opinion, have been accellerated to LEGEND STATUS. lol

Well done. Thanks heaps.

Rossco
DX grunt

YNOT
23rd March 2011, 08:39 PM

The ute on the right has no bonnet scoop so is probably a TD42, the other 2 could be ZD30's?

Tony

growler2058
24th March 2011, 07:10 AM
The ute on the right has no bonnet scoop so is probably a TD42, the other 2 could be ZD30's?

Tony

Correct the one on the right is td42 retired telstra the others are current telstra wagons will have three utes for Rossco shortly hopefully

Clunk
24th March 2011, 07:59 PM
NOw that would be a great look, 3 Rossco's all in tight tight shorts lol, you never know may even start a trend hahahaha

growler2058
25th March 2011, 09:47 AM

Mate couldnt get em all lined up at the same time, but you can show these shots to your old girl if she starts feelin lonely

I'll c if i can get the telstra boys to line em all up next wk just please dont do the shorts thing again hahahahahhahahahahaha

DX grunt
25th March 2011, 02:00 PM
I'll c if i can get the telstra boys to line em all up next wk just please dont do the shorts thing again hahahahahhahahahahaha

Thanks. I'd appreciate that.

growler2058
25th March 2011, 03:31 PM
The extra pics are up the top o the thread

growler2058
28th March 2011, 02:03 PM
A couple of arses i rekon you'll like Rossco

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 04:07 PM

Is it just me, or does that photo look like two decepticons out of a transformers movie (blur your eyes a little .... you're doing it, aren't you???) .... LMFAO!!! ... Big bug eyes staring at me everytime I look at it!!!!

growler2058
28th March 2011, 04:25 PM
Is it just me, or does that photo look like two decepticons out of a transformers movie (blur your eyes a little .... you're doing it, aren't you???) .... LMFAO!!! ... Big bug eyes staring at me everytime I look at it!!!!

Yeah am blurrin me eyes but thats cause i knocked off at 1400 and abrewski fell in my hand then anutha an anutha

Bigrig
28th March 2011, 04:42 PM
Yeah am blurrin me eyes but thats cause i knocked off at 1400 and abrewski fell in my hand then anutha an anutha

I've had a similar day then boss!!! LOL

big_fletch
28th March 2011, 05:13 PM
Ill tell ya what, those ex-telstra utes make a great base for camper setup's dont they

DX grunt
28th March 2011, 10:04 PM
Ill tell ya what, those ex-telstra utes make a great base for camper setup's dont they

They definately do.

Once I get the solar set up and a few mod con's, I'll be self sufficient.

DX grunt
28th March 2011, 10:06 PM

My pants are moving!!! lololol

I think the one on the left is the older of the 2 coz the back wheel brackets look less user friendly!

Either way, they're both Patrols, and at the end of the day, that's what counts.

big_fletch
28th March 2011, 10:23 PM
They definately do.

God I can't wait till mine is at that point lol, gonna be a while off yet though lol

Cuppa
28th March 2011, 10:24 PM

And very nice arses too. Not the same though. One on the left is a Roscos Trademate canopy. Not sure the make of the one on the right. They had both types where we bought ours. Different spare tyre carriers & the gullwing doors fit differently. Roscoes doors sit proud of the body (note the black line of the door seal). The other has doors that sit flush with the body.

Cuppa

Cuppa
28th March 2011, 11:23 PM
They definately do.

Self sufficiency is the way to go I reckon. That's what I achieved with our other Nissan, the Civilian bus. Our limiting factor was water, but we (2 people) found we could last two weeks on what we carried in our tanks - 180 litres if we had to. Solar wise we spent 18 months on the road in all weathers, & never once ran out of power & didn't need a gennie or caravan parks for power. Batteries never went below 12.3v & that was after a week of crap weather in SW WA The difference in building a self sufficient camper in these ex Telstra units is less rooftop real estate for panels & probably more modest power needs. Get the balance right & solar is a joy, unbalanced can be an expensive pain in the ars*.

How much water do you plan to carry? I don't really have a sense of what sort of total weight I should be aiming for, but would like to carry 200'ish litres if feasible. I was thinking a tank down the middle of the 'tray' from front to around the axle line. Does anyone know the load carrying capacity of these ex-telstra beasts? What is their GVM? Is it stock Nissan Cab Chassis or was it upgraded by the Telstra suspension mods?

I just ordered a rear view camera for mine, & have one of those 'clip on the mirror' type monitors. At the moment other cars 'disappear' behind me! If it works well, it'll give me 'extra' storage room in the back in the 'corridor' between front & rear windows.

Talking of rear vision, which I was ;-) My driver side mirror is mounted on a black alloy extension about 4" long, giving a good view. The passenger side has no extension meaning that I can't see past the back of the truck. Anyone know where mirror extensions might be available? - would they be a Nissan or aftermarket accessory? What's yours got Rossco?

How many others have ex Telstra units here?

Regards
Cuppa
(whose Patrol stinks at the moment - I took the opportunity whilst the floor coverings are up to spray fishoil around).

growler2058
31st March 2011, 12:15 PM
Self sufficiency is the way to go I reckon. That's what I achieved with our other Nissan, the Civilian bus. Our limiting factor was water, but we (2 people) found we could last two weeks on what we carried in our tanks - 180 litres if we had to. Solar wise we spent 18 months on the road in all weathers, & never once ran out of power & didn't need a gennie or caravan parks for power. Batteries never went below 12.3v & that was after a week of crap weather in SW WA The difference in building a self sufficient camper in these ex Telstra units is less rooftop real estate for panels & probably more modest power needs. Get the balance right & solar is a joy, unbalanced can be an expensive pain in the ars*.

How much water do you plan to carry? I don't really have a sense of what sort of total weight I should be aiming for, but would like to carry 200'ish litres if feasible. I was thinking a tank down the middle of the 'tray' from front to around the axle line. Does anyone know the load carrying capacity of these ex-telstra beasts? What is their GVM? Is it stock Nissan Cab Chassis or was it upgraded by the Telstra suspension mods?

I just ordered a rear view camera for mine, & have one of those 'clip on the mirror' type monitors. At the moment other cars 'disappear' behind me! If it works well, it'll give me 'extra' storage room in the back in the 'corridor' between front & rear windows.

This is on a current telstra vehicle i cant find the post Rossco put up to compare

Talking of rear vision, which I was ;-) My driver side mirror is mounted on a black alloy extension about 4" long, giving a good view. The passenger side has no extension meaning that I can't see past the back of the truck. Anyone know where mirror extensions might be available? - would they be a Nissan or aftermarket accessory? What's yours got Rossco?

How many others have ex Telstra units here?

Regards
Cuppa
(whose Patrol stinks at the moment - I took the opportunity whilst the floor coverings are up to spray fishoil around).

Gday cuppa got this shot for you i think its different load limit to the one Rossco tight shorts posted in the ute section ill av a look it the littl motor also