PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gauge accuracy

Parksy
26th May 2015, 05:28 PM
Hi all

I've never tried driving the patrol to empty, but the gauge does drop quite a bit below the empty mark. I was wondering if anyone has pulled the sender out and bent the arm to re adjust it and properly align it with the gauge?

The patrol also has a low level warning light which I've never seen on. How low does it need to get and is there a way I can test it?

Cheers

Andy

jay see
26th May 2015, 05:37 PM
The patrol also has a low level warning light which I've never seen on. How low does it need to get and is there a way I can test it?

Cheers

Andy

Drive it till you see the light or till you run out of fuel.....

mudnut
26th May 2015, 05:48 PM
It is almost impossible to

get an accurate reading

with the Q's standard system.

With fluctuations in

the supply voltage etc,

the gauges

are more like guidelines than

rules. The ability of the tank

to hold the same amount of

fuel varies with ride level too.

threedogs
26th May 2015, 05:55 PM
I think with mine when the light comes on I have 15LTRS left.
so about 100 ks

threedogs
26th May 2015, 05:57 PM
I think with mine when the light comes on I have 15LTRS left.
so about 100 ks
Temp of fuel going in might be a factor too cold fuel more ltrs

Clunk
26th May 2015, 06:24 PM
Hi all

I've never tried driving the patrol to empty, but the gauge does drop quite a bit below the empty mark. I was wondering if anyone has pulled the sender out and bent the arm to re adjust it and properly align it with the gauge?

Cheers

Andy

must be a tb42 thing, my fuel gauge light never came on either. The most I've ever had to put in was 79ltrs, so that would have left approx 16ltrs of fuel in the tank (gauge reading on empty)

Winnie
26th May 2015, 06:33 PM
Yeah my fuel light used to come on.
Comes on when I have about 20L left now in my TD42. I have let it go a fair but below empty and was able to put 90L in (still had my sub tank full as backup)

Cuppa
26th May 2015, 06:38 PM
My car doesn’t have a low fuel light....... does that mean I will never run out? ;)

Parksy
26th May 2015, 08:22 PM
Thanks all. I think the most I've ever put in was no more than 70 litres, and that's with the gauge sitting below empty, so still 25 litres sitting in the tank. Theoretically, I should get 600km out of a tank, but at 400km I'm too scared to take it any further. Would like to fix this.

Wizard52
30th May 2015, 02:16 PM
My car doesn’t have a low fuel light....... does that mean I will never run out? ;)

I wish.......................

98GU4.5
31st July 2015, 01:47 PM
Cuppa... Can I have one too if you have a spare??