PDA

View Full Version : Long range tank Install

gu madd
24th May 2015, 05:48 PM
Hi guys I am finally about to start the install on my new tank but I am at a disadvantage of starting from scratch. The vehicle was previously on lpg and all the factory plumbing has been removed from the rear tank. I'm after any info and diagrams I can get my hands that can help me get everything back where it should be.
Cheers

LaughingBeagles
24th May 2015, 06:01 PM
Hi Madd.

Not sure what sort of Troll you're driving but after 25 posts, check the manual section. There are various annexes for different models. There are also a massive bunch of books, manuals and all sorts. Likely something there to help.

MudRunnerTD
24th May 2015, 06:26 PM
Do you have a original sender for the rear tank? The plumbing is fairly easy although I have no idea what they removed from your car when they did the LPG?

Use this thread mate, ask questions and post pics, plenty of guys here happy to guide you.

gu madd
24th May 2015, 09:33 PM
99 tb45e
New factory sender unit with aftermarket pump just have to extend pos and neg wires from sender to pump and change connectors to suit pump.

gu madd
25th May 2015, 08:31 PM
Think I have it sorted only thing I can't work out is where the evap hoses from both tanks plumb into my sub tank has been looped back to where the main tank is supposed to go

Gertie
2nd June 2015, 04:16 PM
Watching with interest gu madd, please update to let us know how you get on.
I'm removing the LPG system off my GU 4.5 this weekend and replacing with a long range tank, at least if I stuff it up I've got 70ltr sub tank to get me round for a while.

MudRunnerTD
2nd June 2015, 06:28 PM
Think I have it sorted only thing I can't work out is where the evap hoses from both tanks plumb into my sub tank has been looped back to where the main tank is supposed to go

They should go up to the top of the filler neck area and have like a big Bell end facing the ground on it. the bell creates an airlock in water crossings and allows to breathe any other time.

Gertie
26th June 2015, 12:21 AM
Hi guys I am finally about to start the install on my new tank but I am at a disadvantage of starting from scratch. The vehicle was previously on lpg and all the factory plumbing has been removed from the rear tank. I'm after any info and diagrams I can get my hands that can help me get everything back where it should be.
Cheers

Hey gu madd,
How did your lrt install go?
Did mine a couple of weeks ago, actually installed a second hand gq lrt in mine with a gq sender and external high pressure fuel pump.
Mine had dodgy wiring from the start so rewired it all from scratch, also took a bit to get my head around the fact that the sub tank sends to the main tank with the fuel line configuration, but all good now.
Will buy a proper gu main sender and attempt to get back to factory wiring at some stage but after a day crawling around pulling my hair out at what the idiots did with lpg installation and long range sub tank install years ago, I'd had a gutfull so wired it up just to get it working.
Would like to know if you ran into any dramas, happy to compare notes sometime :)