PDA

View Full Version : TD fuel consumption

robbo_
21st May 2015, 08:47 PM
Gday all just after people's opinion about my fuel consumption im currently getting 16.9L per 100ks
Vehicle specs:
GQ 1992 Td42t 15 psi non intercooled garrett journal turbo, fuel wound up a touch 500,000+ on engine new injectors clean air+fuel filter runs great always been serviced on time
3inch lift x5 33s std diff ratios full length blackwidow draws cargo barrier 40L engel no back seats false floor storage 3inch snorkel & exhaust millweld comp style front bar duel batterys
im always reading on this forum of ppl getting 10-12L per 100 i cant for the life of me see how? am i missing somthing or is what im getting reasonable for the mods i have done

Bloodyaussie
21st May 2015, 08:53 PM
Gday all just after people's opinion about my fuel consumption im currently getting 16.9L per 100ks
Vehicle specs:
GQ 1992 Td42t 15 psi non intercooled garrett journal turbo, fuel wound up a touch 500,000+ on engine new injectors clean air+fuel filter runs great always been serviced on time
3inch lift x5 33s std diff ratios full length blackwidow draws cargo barrier 40L engel no back seats false floor storage 3inch snorkel & exhaust millweld comp style front bar duel batterys
im always reading on this forum of ppl getting 10-12L per 100 i cant for the life of me see how? am i missing somthing or is what im getting reasonable for the mods i have done

Your rig would be more on par with mine and a few others on here and for the most part I see between 15-18 depending on the driving and I think that goes for many others I know of on here with similar set ups.

AB
21st May 2015, 08:53 PM
Gday all just after people's opinion about my fuel consumption im currently getting 16.9L per 100ks Vehicle specs: GQ 1992 Td42t 15 psi non intercooled garrett journal turbo, fuel wound up a touch 500,000+ on engine new injectors clean air+fuel filter runs great always been serviced on time 3inch lift x5 33s std diff ratios full length blackwidow draws cargo barrier 40L engel no back seats false floor storage 3inch snorkel & exhaust millweld comp style front bar duel batterys im always reading on this forum of ppl getting 10-12L per 100 i cant for the life of me see how? am i missing somthing or is what im getting reasonable for the mods i have done that's excessively high unfortunately mate.

My 90 td42t with standard ht18 turbo maxed out getting 12-13 psi is getting 11/100 average and getting your mileage towing the camper fully loaded.

Are you in vic?

I would be getting a decent tune mate and see what they can do.

I use dieseltec in Lilydale vic.

AB
21st May 2015, 08:56 PM
Your rig would be more on par with mine and a few others on here and for the most part I see between 15-18 depending on the driving and I think that goes for many others I know of on here with similar set ups. Rossco and I got 10.5/100 on some of our touring trips mate. These usages seem awfully high for both your set ups.

Rossco
21st May 2015, 09:00 PM
Does it have a roof rack? Does sound a little high i get around 12 ish L per 100 with mine - td GQ with 35s and 4.6 diffs. To be honest haven't noticed much difference between 3.9 and 4.6 diff ratios just out of interest. . .

Winnie
21st May 2015, 09:08 PM
Rossco and I got 10.5/100 on some of our touring trips mate. These usages seem awfully high for both your set ups.
We averaged just under 15/100 on our Simpson trip... Both had roof racks too and we were fully loaded and not exactly taking it easy.
I average about 13 with mine not loaded normally, and about 16 towing the camper.

MudRunnerTD
21st May 2015, 09:13 PM
Yeah I'm around 12 or 13 in the GUIV for every day driving fwy and around town. 18 towing the trailer.

I have know idea what the GQ does cause I don't care!! Lol

AB
21st May 2015, 09:28 PM
We averaged just under 15/100 on our Simpson trip... Both had roof racks too and we were fully loaded and not exactly taking it easy. I average about 13 with mine not loaded normally, and about 16 towing the camper. we were fully loaded in sand and following Darren. <-- big difference ;)

Bloodyaussie
21st May 2015, 09:45 PM
Well I look like a complete twat then.......

Ben-e-boy
21st May 2015, 10:04 PM
Your rig would be more on par with mine and a few others on here and for the most part I see between 15-18 depending on the driving and I think that goes for many others I know of on here with similar set ups.

judging by the amount of coal you were rolling up the rocky track I would say your fuel screw is wound right up

nissannewby
21st May 2015, 10:08 PM
Average between 13-14 in the gu with 35s and 26psi. At close to 3t. The thing weighs 2.7 with an empty tray and only 25% fuel load.

Bloodyaussie
21st May 2015, 10:20 PM
judging by the amount of coal you were rolling up the rocky track I would say your fuel screw is wound right up

What are you saying Benny... shit tune?
Was told when i had it done the turbo was a touch too big.

Clunk
21st May 2015, 10:27 PM
I get an average of around 14

robbo_
22nd May 2015, 08:29 PM
No mate no roof rack but it does have a old man sun visor ha ha. Its economy was the same before i put the turbo on it too i thought i would of seen a slight improvement so i dunno whats driving it up? Any way here is a pic of my pride and joyhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58209&stc=1http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58208&stc=1

jack
22nd May 2015, 09:27 PM
Well I look like a complete twat then.......

I am so tempted, but I'll refrain ;)

AB
22nd May 2015, 09:30 PM
No mate no roof rack but it does have a old man sun visor ha ha. Its economy was the same before i put the turbo on it too i thought i would of seen a slight improvement so i dunno whats driving it up? Any way here is a pic of my pride and joy did you get it tuned after you put the turbo on?

Sure the visor would add a pooftinth extra to usage but not that much.

I haven't seen too many gq's with those flares, nice!

robbo_
23rd May 2015, 07:45 PM
No mate i fitted the turbo kit up myself its a turboglide setup iv got vdo digital pyro, boost, water temp i turned the boost up to 15psi and wound the fuel up probaly no more than half a turn my egts dont get past about 420c post turbo so i still have more room to wind the fule up more but i dont want it to be even more thirsty, oh and the flare kit was a ebay job i tore the originals off on fraser island

padams77
23rd May 2015, 08:25 PM
I anyone running a td42 auto? Wondering what it will be like economy wise

AB
23rd May 2015, 08:31 PM
No mate i fitted the turbo kit up myself its a turboglide setup iv got vdo digital pyro, boost, water temp i turned the boost up to 15psi and wound the fuel up probaly no more than half a turn my egts dont get past about 420c post turbo so i still have more room to wind the fule up more but i dont want it to be even more thirsty, oh and the flare kit was a ebay job i tore the originals off on fraser island get it tuned mate by a reputable tuner and I think you should see far better economy.

Whereabouts are you?

robbo_
24th May 2015, 05:54 PM
Mate im up in mackay i dont know of any good diesel tuners around my area, saying that i haven't had a hard look but if u think a good dyno tune will help im all for it

Ben-e-boy
24th May 2015, 06:10 PM
Im pretty sure there is a diesel/dyno joint on Malcomson st

nissannewby
24th May 2015, 07:15 PM
Yeah there is. Or could make a day trip down to diesel central in rocky.