PDA

View Full Version : 3LTR radiator cap

threedogs
20th May 2015, 02:59 PM
Decide to buy another radiator cap as Im losing about 500ml a month.
Now the old one was just twist lock with a rubber washer,
the one they sent me has a spring with a washer under the cap plus under the spring.

jack
20th May 2015, 03:07 PM
Hey TD shouldn't this be in the thread you started http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?24280-What-did-you-buy-today/page31
Starting to get real messy with so many new threads with minimal posts in them, making it very difficult for new (and old) members to do a search now.

threedogs
20th May 2015, 03:09 PM
Please delete this thread

mudski
20th May 2015, 03:15 PM
Decide to buy another radiator cap as Im losing about 500ml a month.
Now the old one was just twist lock with a rubber washer,
the one they sent me has a spring with a washer under the cap plus under the spring.

The one you were sent is for the top recovery tank I reckon. The cap on the radiator is just a cap. Not a pressure cap, as you want the pressure to be directed to the top tank.

threedogs
20th May 2015, 04:19 PM
Sounds like I need just the cap for the radiator, I'll get onto Nizzbits but he's away till Monday I think

mudski
20th May 2015, 10:58 PM
Sounds like I need just the cap for the radiator, I'll get onto Nizzbits but he's away till Monday I think

Part number 21430-1P107 just in case anyone else reads this and needs the part number.

threedogs
21st May 2015, 12:03 PM
Got me beat where Im losing about 500ml from might put a line where the level goes down to.
A mechanic did break off the overflow tube spout on the radiator so I figure it might be there.
As the level only looks like it loses only the top tank of water

mudski
21st May 2015, 12:33 PM
Got me beat where Im losing about 500ml from might put a line where the level goes down to.
A mechanic did break off the overflow tube spout on the radiator so I figure it might be there.
As the level only looks like it loses only the top tank of water

If the fill tank, the one with the yellow screw cap isn't losing water, it will be leaking from the pressure tank. If the overflow spout was broken off, my bet its this. But I found a while back when mine was doing the same as your John that the bottom of the top tank had a hairline crack in it. I could barely see it even when I removed the tank. A new tank and a thin sheet of rubber between the two tanks and is all good.