PDA

View Full Version : Expression of interest for reverse cameras oe

threedogs
19th May 2015, 05:33 PM
Hi all I have found a mob that will, if enough ppl are interested
make a replacement rear numberplate light with a built in reverse camera.
Being only early we may be able to ask for certain specs for the camera
sounds like an awesome idea ATM he only has 2012-2014 but they may be OE on those models
Did early Ti's have a reverse camera???
we need from 97 to 2006 I think
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Reverse-Rear-View-Parking-Camera-for-Nissan-Patrol-X-Trail-Qashqai-Sunn-/181725732503

the evil twin
19th May 2015, 05:38 PM
My (ex) '07 ST series 5 had factory reversing cam, optioned.

Dunno about series 1 thru 4

threedogs
19th May 2015, 05:41 PM
My (ex) '07 ST series 5 had factory reversing cam, optioned.

Dunno about series 1 thru 4

Was it via the number plate light???
Might be a lost cause if only from 97 to 2006

MudRunnerTD
19th May 2015, 06:03 PM
my GUIV 2005 ST does not have a factory reverse camera. Assuming that you can sort this John and it is to fit vehicles without a cam i assume we need to source the appropriate screen to view. This would be a plug and play cam only..

4bye4
19th May 2015, 06:07 PM
my GUIV 2005 ST does not have a factory reverse camera. Assuming that you can sort this John and it is to fit vehicles without a cam i assume we need to source the appropriate screen to view. This would be a plug and play cam only..

My comment exactly. Exactly the same vehicle and same thoughts, but yes I would be interested.

the evil twin
19th May 2015, 07:46 PM
Was it via the number plate light???

Via?... not sure exactly what you mean but it was next to the light IE behind the Patrol Badge if that helps.

I think it was part and parcel of the Sat Nav (Doggy might know more) IE if you had the factory Sat Nav you got the factory reverse cam and vice versa.

threedogs
20th May 2015, 07:26 AM
Its for those with the earlier models who would like to fit a camera
at the back, usinging there Head unit or a screen of your choice.
The later ones might be the same as the earlier ones, they are easy to remove
maybe Mr Nissan uses this part for all patrols and some passenger cars.
need to do some comparo's, that pic is the actual one, we will have black plastic with
a clear lens in it.

Winnie
20th May 2015, 07:35 AM
Are they available anywhere at the moment? I would think they'd be a hit on eBay

threedogs
20th May 2015, 07:48 AM
Are they available anywhere at the moment? I would think they'd be a hit on eBay

Every other model except the GU/GR I waiting on Fracster, to maybe ask him
Even the GQ could use the same fitting, why change it for new models when you have
a product already
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170-Car-CMOS-Rear-View-Reverse-Backup-Parking-Camera-for-NISSAN-QASHQAI-DUALIS-/311061226251?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item486cb1a30b
This looks like my one I'll check later

mudski
21st May 2015, 12:39 PM
I have the one pictured on my GUII in almost the exact same spot as the one you showed. Works perfectly and its tiny....For $25, can't go wrong.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58185&stc=1