PDA

View Full Version : New Fella

effies1959
23rd March 2011, 08:26 AM
Hi everyone, i have joined this forum for 1 reason and that is some help stop a 30 year relationship going down the gurgler.
I am having a long running argument with a mate which is bordering on being permanent.
One day without any regard for fact, I stated that would like to dual cab a Territory. (Yeh, I know)
This was meet with,"They are not wide enough" and my reply due to his past ownership and fabrication of a GQ dual cab was, bet a Territory is wider than a GQ.
Well, didn't that start it all.
Off I went to the stats on the internet and they state that a Territory is 1898mm wide and a GQ is 1800mm wide. Problem solved hey? Well no, he wont have a bar of it and says he built and installed a 2200 wide tray on it. (he's from Qld you know).
Anyway, he figures that the rubber wheel arches are where the body should be measured from and I am suggesting that a body is a body and does not include wheel arch rubbers.
So, to make this all go away once and for all and save what little faith we have in each other, can anyone out there please quote the official width as stated in the brochure or specifications?
I thank you

Bob
23rd March 2011, 08:31 AM
If your 30 Year relationship is going down the gurgler because of this argument perhaps it is for the better. Who cares who is bloody right. Go and have a Beer together and forget this bullshit

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 08:35 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs to be found on the forum mate, so don't be shy and get amongst the conversations to make the most of it. Enjoy!

There is a thread on here with all the specs - have a hunt through the search and see if you can drag it out - that should end it either way once and for all.

growler2058
23rd March 2011, 09:02 AM
Mate we all know that a GQ is the toughest and that's all that counts hahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

effies1959
23rd March 2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks Bob, but it is not as simple as that. What do you do when your mate of 30 years turns up at your place with no where to go due to family breakup. You take him in, clean him up, offer support and try and move him on. (out of the house). Trouble is we are seeing why there was a family break up and we are trying to help him change his rigid views for his and his families sake.
Betcha sorry you replied hey?

effies1959
23rd March 2011, 09:28 AM
Ah thanks I think, you happen to know rod, do you?
Cheers

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks Bob, but it is not as simple as that. What do you do when your mate of 30 years turns up at your place with no where to go due to family breakup. You take him in, clean him up, offer support and try and move him on. (out of the house). Trouble is we are seeing why there was a family break up and we are trying to help him change his rigid views for his and his families sake.
Betcha sorry you replied hey?

We'll take on any issue here mate!! LOL ... I'll have a hunt for that thread and copy the link to here ...

Tough time you've had by the sounds of it ... old mate needs to relax either way, whether he is right or wrong by the sounds of it ... hope you sort it mate.

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 09:33 AM
That was quick - I had posted it for someone else previously - bargain!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1085-GQ-Body-Dimensions-and-Specifications&highlight=specifications

effies1959
23rd March 2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks again Bigrig, thats the sort of support I was looking for.

effies1959
23rd March 2011, 09:55 AM
That's definately the most detailed spec I have seen for a vehicle.
Thanks

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks again Bigrig, thats the sort of support I was looking for.

Too easy mate if it sorts the issue!! Where in Brissy are you? We have a few members head out for a play in the dirt every now and then and are heading to Beerburrum on Sunday if you're up for it - very family friendly, no pressure to do anything you don't want etc - good fun all round!!

Dhuck
23rd March 2011, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

effies1959
23rd March 2011, 10:08 AM
Your webpage "Nissan Patrol .com.au, states that the GQ is 1800mm wide, but I have seen on other webpages 1960mm?. wondering where you got your stats from?

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 10:28 AM
Your webpage "Nissan Patrol .com.au, states that the GQ is 1800mm wide, but I have seen on other webpages 1960mm?. wondering where you got your stats from?

Going to measure mine now - outside measurements for guard to guard and flare to flare. In my best phone voice "one moment please"! lol

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 10:35 AM
1800mm guard to guard which is probably the measurement to use as there are different size flares depending on what people have used. 1920mm flare to flare with the factory flares that came with it (standard 60mm flares). Not sure if body measurements or panel designs (how much the actual quarter panels flare out as an example) would have even slightly changed across the series from 1988 to 1997 (mine is a 92), but I doubt it, so these figures should hold true for all non-modified GQ's.

If a Territory is 1898mm guard to guard, then they are in fact wider in the body - means nothing for track though of course.

timbar
23rd March 2011, 02:32 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Maxhead
23rd March 2011, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, hope you come to an agreement soon

Clunk
23rd March 2011, 08:37 PM
welcome to the forum mate, as you can see the guys on here are ever so helpful.............. with any question in any situation.

BundyDave
23rd March 2011, 08:40 PM
Welcome New Fella I'm with Bob....go have a beer.

growler2058
23rd March 2011, 09:09 PM
If your 30 Year relationship is going down the gurgler because of this argument perhaps it is for the better. Who cares who is bloody right. Go and have a Beer together and forget this bullshit

Hey Bob maybe shoulda said and I Quote "is easierto wear slippers than to carpet the world" hahahahha with ya mate

Finly Owner
23rd March 2011, 11:35 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House,

Territory? Whats' that?

Patrol yeah that's us

Tim

Silver
23rd March 2011, 11:45 PM
hmmmmm, well, given that QGs are so wide in beam from the mudguard bulges down, but inside are basically still an MK/Q I propose a different measurement if passenger fit is the issue - measure from door trim to door trim. Our Mav has heaps less rear leg room than our 93 Camry, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the internal width of the cabin is less.

effies1959
24th March 2011, 07:07 AM
Big thank yo to all that responded and welcomed me.

effies1959
24th March 2011, 07:14 AM
Thanks Bigrig for going beyond the call of duty. I think this will sort it out once and for all as he wasn't aware that the non flaired model was even released. Must not be any DXs in Bundaburg!
PS. Your phone voice was authentic!

patch697
3rd May 2011, 07:20 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul