PDA

View Full Version : Converting Video Snapshot to JPEG

Clunk
22nd March 2011, 11:37 PM
Would anyone happen to know how to take a snapshot from a video and convert it to a JPEG?

katwoman
22nd March 2011, 11:38 PM
No, I just wanted to hijack your thread for a change !!
:hijacked::hijacked:

Clunk
22nd March 2011, 11:40 PM

Hijack all you like Kat, spread the love hahahahaha

nowoolies
23rd March 2011, 12:07 AM

onya Kat 2 to go

nowoolies
23rd March 2011, 12:08 AM
oooppppssss hijacked first time ive done that ........................not

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 12:14 AM
Would anyone happen to know how to take a snapshot from a video and convert it to a JPEG?

Yep - what video format? What player? Windows movie maker will take a snapshot of a video (running or paused where you want it) and you can save it off as various file formats.

Clunk
23rd March 2011, 12:16 AM
Yep - what video format? What player? Windows movie maker will take a snapshot of a video (running or paused where you want it) and you can save it off as various file formats.

videos are either avi or mp4...... is Windows movie maker a freebie???

Bigrig
23rd March 2011, 12:24 AM
videos are either avi or mp4...... is Windows movie maker a freebie???

Sure is mate - just google it and download from Microsoft for free - decent enough editor and can definitely do what you want - it's what I use for the videos an photos I've put up.

Clunk
23rd March 2011, 12:35 AM
Sure is mate - just google it and download from Microsoft for free - decent enough editor and can definitely do what you want - it's what I use for the videos an photos I've put up.

Thanks for that Scott, your a bloomin star mate

XLR8
23rd March 2011, 01:08 AM
can also use cyberlink power director to do it. can help if you need a copy

Clunk
23rd March 2011, 01:19 AM
can also use cyberlink power director to do it. can help if you need a copy

cheers mate, gonna give it a go with this movie maker thing, actually just found it on the puter, but I've already noticed it won't load mp4, gonna see if i can convert it to avi and see how I go. Will let you know how it goes

valtchanova
19th April 2011, 06:24 AM
If you have trouble playing stuff - VLC player is what I've found best - it's free to download, open-source software and plays pretty much anything you feed into it. It also has a Snapshot function that saves a frame as an image file.

valtchanova
19th April 2011, 06:28 AM
Oh, it makes them .png files - but you can easily convert those to anything you want with PhotoStudio for example, quite good if you're not doing complex editing. Also a free download I think. Edit away and let us know if you still have problems. There are plenty of digital media converters out there - free and licensed, but I'd advise against those that portend to do everything at once.