PDA

View Full Version : mingo the long tack

mingo
14th May 2015, 08:57 AM
Hi, long time Toyota, first time Nissan. Took the plunge and got an '06 Patrol 4.2 with the Telstra body to make camping and detecting gear more accessible after having Troopy's. So far had a 3" system fitted, will do a trip this week to get the full benefit then try to get a bit more wriggle out of her. My main desire is economy, mainly to get the most miles away and back again to the last servo on the 2 existing tanks and it's here that I would appreciate any advice. I generally keep off the big roads so my 95 kph doesn't get me road raged and do a fair bit of corrugated dirt so hoping to enjoy the coil/leaf combo. Also, the reason for the Troopys was for driving legroom as I'm a long tack, does anyone have an option in the seating to get back a bit more. Sorry guys, this looks more like a cry for help than an introduction.

threedogs
14th May 2015, 09:13 AM
Hello Mingo and welcome to the forum,
Do Patrol utes have cab extensions like a 70s.
I too had a troopy shhhh.
Plenty of pod owners here to grab some ideas off
enjoy

4bye4
14th May 2015, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Avo
14th May 2015, 09:56 AM
welcome to the forum

MEGOMONSTER
14th May 2015, 10:28 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Cuppa
14th May 2015, 10:29 AM
G’day Mingo - excellent choice of vehicle. :)
I too bought a troopy & then changed to an ex Telstra Patrol to save my poor old knees.
Unfortunately despite being a large vehicle space in the cab is a little restrictive. I got a little more by fitting dual seats & a centre console but this of course does nothig for leg room.

I too recently fitted a 3” system & found that EGT’s were fairly high (& would rise very quickly on even mild hills), so if you don’t have an egt gauge I’d take things *very* conservatively. Subsequently fitting a manual boost control together with a dyno tune (for economy & towing) has brought EGT’s down & given a significant improvement in performance & torque.

Cuppa

Clunk
14th May 2015, 11:39 AM
g'day mate and welcome aboard

Dhuck
14th May 2015, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
14th May 2015, 09:09 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard, the forum and the dark side

Patto
16th May 2015, 05:30 PM