PDA

View Full Version : HUGE HEADACHE ! TD42 silvertop no oil pressure after rebuild !

coddawgz
11th May 2015, 09:28 PM
Hey guys so as the title says I have absolutely no oil pressure after rebuilding my td42 diesel. apologies if this has been in a thread before but I could not find anything.
so start from the beginning ... was a 600,000 k n/a motor that had a bent conrod (suspect previous owner took it swimming without a snorkel as it also has a new head fitted..) removed and stripped the motor.
carried out a complete rebuild, new conrods, pistons, bearings the lot. Sent block off to cummins diesel to be re-sleeved, crack tested, acid bath and new cam bearings fitted.
(had 2 cracks :( $2000 later..) re-built motor in my shed. fitted a turbo and what not. re-fitted to the patrol.
has the genuine ryco z115 non relief valve filters. 15-40 diesel oil. ran it for about a minute before I found out it has no oil pressure.. yes I should of checked it straight away but my fat kid in a candy shop excitement got the better of my brain..
The turbo is getting no oil from feed line at passenger side engine mount.
Removed the glow plugs and oil sender. turned her over and no oil coming out at all ! attempted to prime oil down sender hole (approx 1-1.5 ltrs) no go. removed the oil filter body to inspect the relief valves.
gave them a clean up again and also the valve body on passenger side. still no oil pressure, out with the oil pump. found the O'ring on the oil pump housing had blown out... fitted a newie and all back together.
nothing again. even lifted the rear diff about half a metre off the shed floor in an attempt to submerge the oil pump then cranked her over.
this is my first complete diesel rebuild, I am a small motor mechanic by trade and I have experience with vehicle motors but I am no professional, I took 9324 photos of the rebuild from tear down to re-assembly to be sure everything was right.
also have a copy of the Nissan manual with all the rebuild info.

She had good oil pressure before the rebuild. Bottom end gallery issue maybe ?
Im stuck here guys and any help would be greatly appreciated !!

threedogs
12th May 2015, 09:24 AM
check andyh's thread on his rebuild ,plenty of pictures

nissannewby
13th May 2015, 07:53 PM
Did you prime the oil up?

jack
13th May 2015, 09:05 PM
check andyh's thread on his rebuild ,plenty of pictures

Hey TD, coddawgz is new here and wouldn't have a clue who andyh's is. Instead of having the poor guy searching for 'andyh's thread' help him out and post up a link if you think it might be useful to him (assuming it covers oil pressure issues).