PDA

View Full Version : Look what showed up today... now what do I do .

HuskyInAuz
11th May 2015, 09:26 PM
Gave up on UFI, order had been 'in/accepted' since 4NOV14, always "soon" so I called Performance 4x4 and ordered a 16G large.
Arrived today, now I need to either install it or go somewhere and get it installed before the trip west.

Also looking at the Plazaman Intake manifold but they said I had to use a side mount with the CC intercooler. Problem is there is EGR plumbing all along that side of the engine.

katwoman
11th May 2015, 09:48 PM
Ohhhhh, thats pretty....

Ben-e-boy
11th May 2015, 09:58 PM
Do you have a pic of the manifold you are looking at?

MudRunnerTD
11th May 2015, 10:00 PM
Looking good!!!

BigRAWesty
11th May 2015, 10:02 PM
Why is the waste gate welded??
But that's a sweet looking bit if kit

HuskyInAuz
11th May 2015, 10:05 PM
Do you have a pic of the manifold you are looking at?

https://plazmaman.com/shop_itemdetail.php?itemid=321&cate=98

It's just a thought right now .. if I'm going to tear up the engine compartment again, might as well do something to both sides

HuskyInAuz
11th May 2015, 10:15 PM
Why is the waste gate welded??

I have no idea at this time.

Rocket55
11th May 2015, 10:43 PM
Very keen to hear how this goes. I'm 50/50 on one of these verses the UFI. There's a few over on the other site running the P4x4 gear and getting really good results. I'm conscious of getting caught up in forums chasing the last 1%. This gear is somewhat cheaper and the saving between the turbo and pump can fund 4" airbox and snorkel, that's not to be sneezed at, and if we're only talking about a couple of % points on a dyno who cares. Guys are talking 20 something psi by 1,500rpm and 30+ by 2,100rpm. Can't complain about that.

Ben-e-boy
11th May 2015, 11:25 PM
I have no idea at this time.

Its not the waste gate. the waste gat is behind that. It is simply a port used in the machining process and re sealed as the waste gate port and flap are basically inaccessible by tooling

Ben-e-boy
11th May 2015, 11:27 PM
https://plazmaman.com/shop_itemdetail.php?itemid=321&cate=98

It's just a thought right now .. if I'm going to tear up the engine compartment again, might as well do something to both sides

There is plenty of really good info on the other forum on manifolds.. and abit on why you should leave that one at a thought and look else where. You'll save money too

BigRAWesty
12th May 2015, 12:43 AM
Its not the waste gate. the waste gat is behind that. It is simply a port used in the machining process and re sealed as the waste gate port and flap are basically inaccessible by tooling

Aauuuugggghhhhhh.
Now I see it. If it was the waste gate that face would be flush with the turbine fins.

HuskyInAuz
12th May 2015, 12:58 AM
Very keen to hear how this goes. I'm 50/50 on one of these verses the UFI...
UFI == unanswered emails, contacts, "I'll let you know tomorrow" .. enough was enough, when it's a single source there needs to be some competition.

I'm not looking for 400hp (at least not now.. lol ;), just a bit more performance with reliability as we plan on doing a fair bit of touring. I was really torn between 16 versus 18 but not interested in upgrading pump, airbox, etc., which I believe would have been necessary to keep the flow open enough to take advantage of the bigger turbo.

HuskyInAuz
12th May 2015, 02:14 AM
There is plenty of really good info on the other forum on manifolds.. and abit on why you should leave that one at a thought and look else where. You'll save money too

Ah, why don't you PM me please, I can't PM you the inbox is max'd.

Rocket55
12th May 2015, 07:36 AM
UFI == unanswered emails, contacts, "I'll let you know tomorrow" .. enough was enough, when it's a single source there needs to be some competition.

This I can relate to, took me a week to get hold of either Matt or Glenn. There was no offer from reception to take a message and get them to call back it was just "they're very busy, try calling back later and see how you go"....

threedogs
12th May 2015, 08:56 AM
Was just looking at a 4.2 the other day, but that was side mount a huge PWR top mount intercooler,
combined with a PWR alloy radiator, It was a converted 3ltr to TD 4.2.
Had an air box mod with those low radius elbows on the lid, cant see how they benefit air flow.

Ben-e-boy
12th May 2015, 06:05 PM
Ah, why don't you PM me please, I can't PM you the inbox is max'd.

Try it agiain. It was empty.

HuskyInAuz
12th May 2015, 09:14 PM
Set an appointment in Wollongong on the 21th for dyno, installation, tuning, post dyno .. we'll see..

Ben-e-boy
12th May 2015, 09:17 PM
There are some good hills for testing. A before and after run up mount ousley would be really good,

Rocket55
12th May 2015, 11:42 PM
Set an appointment in Wollongong on the 21th for dyno, installation, tuning, post dyno .. we'll see..

Who are you using?

HuskyInAuz
13th May 2015, 09:49 PM
TurboGlide..

HuskyInAuz
2nd June 2015, 08:46 PM
Installed!!!
Just a short 40km drive back to caravan park, 40 minutes in a 6km traffic jam 6.5 km from my exit sooo.

It gets up and goes better than the HT18, dyno ( I left the graph at shop ) shows 145+ rwhp

It was late and dark by the time I arrived back at the NOISIEST caravan park we've been too. A big 4 in Helensvale right next to the freeway! Nice amenities, nice and friendly staff. Still have a few 'rules don't apply to me folks' with dog people ( Joe is with us and I think he knows when off lead is verboten as we get this, why's that dog loose look)

Pictures tomorrow... Did a nice job on air intake piping too

nissannewby
2nd June 2015, 09:36 PM
Good stuff. Doesnt really matter what thr sheet says as long as your happy with it.

MudRunnerTD
2nd June 2015, 09:40 PM
Keen to know what your outlay was? Did you only go the turbo? And tune?