PDA

View Full Version : G'day guys

IronVoid
10th May 2015, 05:30 PM
Hey guys
I'm 24 and originally from NZ moved to Mandurah, WA, in 2012. I've just bought an 03 3L Patrol. I'm very much a noob at all of this, but plain on this being a good place to learn and do my own work to a vehicle. Although I love the Patrol (always been a favourite of mine, they just look tuff), I've had nothing but problems with it from the day I bought it :(.

Driving it home from work, the day after picking up the keys, the turbo blew on it. The dealer was happy to sort it all out no questions asked, however the problem was, the mechanic first diagnosed the noise as a blown exhaust gasket. Then he realised "no, that's not it", and decided it was my transmission that had gone. He spent a week pulling out the old one, putting in a new one, to then find the noise was still there, then he realised "nope, it was the turbo". Dealership refused to pay for the gearbox and only paid for the turbo (since that was the problem) poor mechanic lost a week worth of work over a misdiagnosis.

Anyway month later I'm having power problems, similar to that of a maff sensor or overboosting and been told by local 4x4 shop the NADS should sort it out and since I was planning on putting it in anyway I'll see how it runs after but So I've I've only just started on my way to installing the NADS system, doing the work myself learning about my truck along the way:D. I've got my bosst and EGT gauge on the way, then next week will be getting a dawes valve, needle kit and EGR plate. I found Northern4X4 Ebay listing, and I've seen him on here.

Cheers Ben

AB
10th May 2015, 05:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, sounds like a massive error on the mechanics behalf!

Feel free to ask any questions and let us know how you go.

IronVoid
10th May 2015, 05:41 PM
Cheers mate, I've been doing a lot of research on this site for a couple of weeks now, finding it very helpful so far.

threedogs
10th May 2015, 05:51 PM
Mudski is Northern 4x4 and will sort you out.
But welcome to the forum ,you might want to block the egr as well
its all {nads} a set and forget thing. enjoy your stay and hopefully nads will sort your Patrol out

growler2058
10th May 2015, 08:23 PM
Gday Ben welcome aboard mate

Sherro
10th May 2015, 08:36 PM
G'day Ben welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
10th May 2015, 08:45 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Stropp
10th May 2015, 10:04 PM
Hey guys
I'm 24 and originally from NZ moved to Mandurah, WA, in 2012. I've just bought an 03 3L Patrol. I'm very much a noob at all of this, but plain on this being a good place to learn and do my own work to a vehicle. Although I love the Patrol (always been a favourite of mine, they just look tuff), I've had nothing but problems with it from the day I bought it :(.

Driving it home from work, the day after picking up the keys, the turbo blew on it. The dealer was happy to sort it all out no questions asked, however the problem was, the mechanic first diagnosed the noise as a blown exhaust gasket. Then he realised "no, that's not it", and decided it was my transmission that had gone. He spent a week pulling out the old one, putting in a new one, to then find the noise was still there, then he realised "nope, it was the turbo". Dealership refused to pay for the gearbox and only paid for the turbo (since that was the problem) poor mechanic lost a week worth of work over a misdiagnosis.

Anyway month later I'm having power problems, similar to that of a maff sensor or overboosting and been told by local 4x4 shop the NADS should sort it out and since I was planning on putting it in anyway I'll see how it runs after but So I've I've only just started on my way to installing the NADS system, doing the work myself learning about my truck along the way:D. I've got my bosst and EGT gauge on the way, then next week will be getting a dawes valve, needle kit and EGR plate. I found Northern4X4 Ebay listing, and I've seen him on here.

Cheers Ben

Welcome to the forum mate, get to a western patrol club meeting mate and meet a lot of us west Aussies 😎

Dhuck
10th May 2015, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

4bye4
10th May 2015, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. And what Stropp said about Western patrol club. next meeting is at his place.

Clunk
11th May 2015, 03:12 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard

Avo
11th May 2015, 04:15 PM
welcome to the forum

MEGOMONSTER
14th May 2015, 10:30 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net.
If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Patto
16th May 2015, 05:31 PM
Gooday welcome to the forum mate

DX grunt
16th May 2015, 11:32 PM
G'day Ben

Welcome to the forum and glad to see another Sandgroper on here.

Hope you get your patrol sorted out soon.

Take care out there.

Rossco