PDA

View Full Version : BLINK Light Bars - Product reviews

Jordo
9th May 2015, 12:34 PM
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted on the forum here. I'm trying to find decent reviews on the web regarding BLINK LED light bars. They are not really cheap and nasty prices, very high RAW lumen output, and overall seem ok.

The link to the specific bar I am looking at is http://www.outbackequipment.com.au/product/50-inch-320w-single-row-light-bar-dr-series/

Does anyone have any experience with this specific brand? I want to avoid cheap Chinese lights if possible, but 50 inch lights seem to cost over $1k from TJM and stuff. If these are no good, I will keep looking around.

Thanks for your help with everything.

threedogs
9th May 2015, 02:36 PM
Seems ok they use Cree LED and use a great mounting system. Avoid those
combo style you wont need them , buy a 30 degree spot and you should be right.
I have a 40" bar double row thats 30 degrees mounts via the ends and have had
no probs whats so ever

Jordo
9th May 2015, 03:58 PM
Thanks threedogs. That's good to know. It sounds like a good setup you have as well. I will eventually update my initial thread when I do more mods to the truck.

threedogs
9th May 2015, 04:24 PM
once you have it up and running it pays
to spray any antenna matt black they are very bright

MudRunnerTD
9th May 2015, 06:42 PM
Hi mate, in that price range I would highly recommend chatting with Paul from LED LightCo in our Vendors thread. He sells some of the best on the market.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15114-LED-Light-Co

From that link you posted they acknowledge they are New to the market. They make some Massive output claims!!!! give Paul a call and have a chat about those claims.

Jordo
10th May 2015, 08:13 PM
Thanks agree Threedogs and MudRunner. Always great advice and useful info from this forum. I will definitely check out the LED Light Co now and chat with Paul.

MEGOMONSTER
10th May 2015, 08:48 PM
It looks like a pretty good bar.
Let's us know how you hi and what you decide

09stpatrol
18th May 2015, 12:04 AM
Hi Jordo I'm looking at the blinks too did you end up going with them?

Jordo
28th July 2015, 05:14 PM
Hi 09stpatrol,

Very sorry for the late reply. I've had a number of other mechanical problems with the car over the last few months so I haven't got one yet, but still considering them. What are your thoughts on them? Did you get one yet?

threedogs
28th July 2015, 05:32 PM
Best place to mount them for maximum effect is on the roof.
By buying a spot beam you dont lose much light compared to a spread.
You'll be blown away with the amount of light they throw.