PDA

View Full Version : 4WD Action/ Express Media annoying dayly phone calls. Who else get them?

mudski
8th May 2015, 04:51 PM
So I've been getting a call from (02) 8719 3690 everyday around the same time for the last few weeks. I never answer it and they never leave a message. Over the last few days I have been answering it and they just hang up. I found who is calling and it seems the callers obviously get paid per call, hence the hang up once I answer. I have tried ringing the number back but no answer. I will be emailing them to kindly ask them to stop. But from what I have found from other people with the same problem, it doesn't stop. If they're gonna call, at least try and sell something, but this is obviously too hard for their telemarketers.
Anyone else here getting these calls?

I just found my phone has a reject list thingo'. Lets see if this works.

threedogs
8th May 2015, 04:53 PM
I get a lot of tele marketeer phone calls to my mobile,,, not specifically from 4wd monthly

Bloodyaussie
8th May 2015, 05:01 PM
The calls are activated once you say "hello" twice then an operator comes on to take the call.

the evil twin
8th May 2015, 05:03 PM
http://www.reverseaustralia.com/lookup/0287193690/

Numbers in the above if you want to be bothered even calling them and ask to be taken off the caller lists.

Easier to register on the https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

Then if they call you, you can lodge a complaint and they get their arrses fined
I call that a Win/Win situation

mudski
8th May 2015, 05:03 PM
The calls are activated once you say "hello" twice then an operator comes on to take the call.

Err what?! I have answered these calls everyday this week and not once had they responded. Sounds like bollocks to me. :wink:

jack
8th May 2015, 05:04 PM
These guys are all over the internet, just pump 8719 3690 into Google:

http://www.acma.gov.au/Citizen/Take-action/Complaints/Telemarketing-complaints

4bye4
8th May 2015, 05:05 PM
Interesting, I get heaps at work but haven't had them from 4WD action. I get emails from them but not more than 1 a day.

Winnie
8th May 2015, 05:05 PM
Yeah I get the same calls. A couple of times I've actually spoken to somebody and they try to sell me things. I asked to be taken off the list and she said no, you'll have to talk to such and such and here is their number... then hung up

mudski
8th May 2015, 05:06 PM
http://www.reverseaustralia.com/lookup/0287193690/

Numbers in the above if you want to be bothered even calling them and ask to be taken off the caller lists.

Easier to register on the https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

Then if they call you, you can lodge a complaint and they get their arrses fined
I call that a Win/Win situation

Yeah I saw this yesterday, I'm already on the do not call register and had rung that 1800 number. But still got the call today. I have just blocked it in my phone now. Let see if this works. Maybe its Roothy looking for some new mates.

TPC
8th May 2015, 05:07 PM
I had a call from them a couple of weeks ago, I answered and told them not to phone me again and have had nothing since.

Bacho86
8th May 2015, 05:16 PM
Yeh I used to get all these phones calls from 4WD action as well, always the same women always trying to sell products. If I didn't answer the call, you could almost guarantee that she would call again same time the next day. Last time I spoke with her, I asked her not to call any more and so far no more calls.

mudski
8th May 2015, 05:19 PM
I haven't manage to get a word in yet. They simply hang up as soon as I answer.

lucus30
8th May 2015, 05:31 PM
Nope I don't get them and have been a subscriber of theirs before. But then again I don't have a landline only mobile

Stropp
8th May 2015, 05:34 PM
no calls but 50 gazzillion emails every day :(

Rossco
8th May 2015, 05:40 PM
I used to get them a while ago. . . . Think they've given up thank goodness. . .

Clunk
8th May 2015, 05:48 PM
only 2 calls since the 29/4/15 to my mobile. Didn't know who it was so didn't answer, if they don't leave a message then I don't call them back.

Get a load of emails though but they go straight into the junk so doesn't bother me.

Woof
8th May 2015, 06:54 PM
only 2 calls since the 29/4/15 to my mobile. Didn't know who it was so didn't answer, if they don't leave a message then I don't call them back.

Get a load of emails though but they go straight into the junk so doesn't bother me.

Same here Clunky, never answer my phone unless I know who it is (and then will not answer it if I don't feel like talking to anyone), have got a message on message bank stating that if you don't leave a message I will not return your call

Hodge
8th May 2015, 06:56 PM
I kept getting phone calls from them as well. Once I finally answered she tried to sell me a 4wd super center roof top tent, and was somewhat pushy about it. Told her not to ring again and never got a call again. I'm subbed to the magazine and get it monthly, so if I wanted to buy something else from them I'd do so at my own leisure.
However....
I also keep getting bombarded with their emails no matter how many times I unsubscribe. Just annoying...

TPC
8th May 2015, 08:32 PM
I kept getting phone calls from them as well. Once I finally answered she tried to sell me a 4wd super center roof top tent, and was somewhat pushy about it. Told her not to ring again and never got a call again. I'm subbed to the magazine and get it monthly, so if I wanted to buy something else from them I'd do so at my own leisure.
However....
I also keep getting bombarded with their emails no matter how many times I unsubscribe. Just annoying...
If you have I in-subscribed and still receive them you should report them to ACMA, they will get a big fine.

growler2058
8th May 2015, 08:48 PM
I block those numbers

mudski
8th May 2015, 11:54 PM
Nope I don't get them and have been a subscriber of theirs before. But then again I don't have a landline only mobile

They're ringing my mobile....

lucus30
9th May 2015, 08:16 AM
They're ringing my mobile....
Bummer most telemarketers don't bother as it costs more money

Maxhead
10th May 2015, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I get these calls daily as well...I don't answer them anymore

MEGOMONSTER
10th May 2015, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I get these calls daily as well...I don't answer them anymore

Me either. I'm the same. Lol